What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Nobody's Nursery

Nobody's Nursery

I figured I would start a perpetual grow and show type thread here to talk about stuff im growing and hunting for that way I don't have to keep track of too many threads.

Currently hunting through the Bandaid Haze Ix3 for the second time....also have a bunch of other crosses from Doc D getting sorted through too.
Afropips RGB F2s
Blueberry x A5 Haze/Thai bx
Lemon Thai F5
Dragon Hammer
Sour Diesel x Dragon Energy
Dragon Hammer x Afpak
CBH x Watermelon Hash Plant
Purple Corinto Budder x A5HTBX
Santa Cruz Pure Haze x A5HTBX
Pure Kush x Lemon Thai
And probably some more I can't remember.

I'm also trying out a bunch of haze/sativa clones and will be posting smoke reports and pics on those as well. Santa Cruz Pure Haze, C5, A5, Purple Corinto Budder, Vietnam Black 164 and a few other ones.

I'll start posting pics soon.
Just wanted to set up a thread real quick and check in.

Nobody's Nursery

IMG_20220425_164718612.jpg

Nobody's Nursery

Here is my routine for phenohunting....
Put 100 seeds in water for 24 hours
Then put them in a wet paper towel or 24 hours.
Usually have tails by then but if not leave em in the towel longer....
Once they have tails I put em in little nursery cups with fluffy seedling soil.

Up pot them to hotter soil blend after seedling stage.
Veg as needed and then flip em into flower when they are about 18-24 inches tall.

I flower out the males and females in a different location to avoid pollination.

What I look for in a female is good drug traits and resin production.
What I look for in a male is basically the same thing.

How I figure out what females have good drug traits is by smoking a sample of the mature flower from each plant.
To figure out the drug traits of the male I make a cross with it to a clone I am familiar with and see what happens in the progeny.