What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

buzzmobile

Veteran
i hope @buzzmobile is drying
It is very dry bright sunny and chilly here lately. It took a couple days to get back to our routine after the refugees left. Yesterday was a delivery, haul away, and install of a big refrigerator that lasted 27 years. I called a repairman to diagnose the problem and it came down to a part that was Discontinued and Out of Stock. Death knell!

I was a helper to account for the worthless helper who drove the delivery truck. Almost 600 lbs. and a 1/4" shy of 7 feet tall made maneuvering it out of the cabinet space where it lived next to its twin on the left. I spent most of today resting.

PA160003.JPG
PA160002.JPG

This morning I discovered that I did not mash the Post Reply button. I added another picture that makes it look out of plumb.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
PI tamale, i like that. Is corn/masa a thing in the PI? Probably not. Maybe cassava is more popular than corn. I guess that store did an asian-mexican fusion cuisine. Those can be pretty good when done right.

Like u said, if the bills make a playoff run then sean mcdermott stays as head coach, if they get knocked out first rd or dont even make it then he's done-zo.

Ive actually been eating at home more often, trying to stay away from the fast food and takeout. It's healthier although i do miss takeout pizza during football games.

Are you reading actual paper books or on a device? What r u reading, anything good? Im always down for a book recommendation.

Sounds like Big sur has some plumbing skills as well! Ive changed out a disposal before, it's not too bad if u get the exact same model. PVC is a little trickier for me, did u have to bring a hacksaw or power saw to cut them down to size?
The spot price of silver is around $31-32 now which is the highest it's been in a while, it's been as low as $20/oz in the last few years. I think the highest was $50/oz back in 2009 or so?
Werent US dimes made of silver a long time ago? Like if u go through a bunch of old change and find a good amount of silver dimes that'd be worth a few hundo?

I wonder how long this relationship will last. Is Tay-tay ready to settle down and start a family? I guess travis kelce is more stable than most of the entertainers she usually dates.

We got broncos at saints tonite. Broncos are favored by 3. Saints run D got gashed by tampa on sunday, im liking the overs on rush yds for the bronco's top rushers, which surprisingly includes bo nix. Saints are also starting spencer rattler, a rookie who takes a lot of sacks, so sprinkling some on broncos defenders to get a sack could be +ev. Also this will be sean payton's 1st game back in NO so i expect him to pour it on if he can, a sprinkle on Broncos -9.5 could pan out. Is GoJoe around? I wonder how his nfl season is playing out.

Whoa, those are some big fridge-freezer units, Buzz. Those look like they belong in a restaurant kitchen. Sucks they stopped making the part. I guess they couldnt cannabilize one off of the used market. With cars u can usually find a used part, but i guess theres no such thing as a junkyard for old fridges.
Hope ur back recovers fully, ive moved things that big before but always had a few guys to help so it wasnt that bad.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Whoa, those are some big fridge-freezer units, Buzz. Those look like they belong in a restaurant kitchen.
MamaD wanted a big kitchen and she got one. I was hired by the contractor that I hired to dry in the shell after I sawed off the back of the old house. We poured a 13' x 28' slab to fill in the big hole left by my Sawzall. I finished the interior once that was done. I was much younger then.

I searched far and wide for the freezer part that failed, but no one had an elephant sized refrigerator graveyard that I could find.

The new one is pretty on the inside. LOL

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
oh wow @buzz that is a very nice looking fridge , very shiny and chrome

/i hope mamaD likes
that sucks the delivery guy wasnt much of a worker but the job is done and somebody earned some nice honey do points
what does it look like on the inside?! a disco ball, fat cuts of beef and homemade pies?
/thats my kind of party

yeah @Bababooey i thinkk it is a pi tamale, more specifically a phillipino tamale
they were from a place called valeros
they have one close by and i might have to drop in and check it out that is a fil bakery/ eaters and i wonder if its the same place?
if nothing else i can get some pan de sal and see what else they have plus its also by the bahn mi joint i like and the new aldis
so i did not make it to the aldis for the grand opening
i was helping my mom with her recycling and spent the morning loading up the truck and at the land fill
there was literally had a full size trucks bed filled with stuff and it came out to be $80
she said i could keep it but im going to buy us some fancy food to share with her next time i see her
i have no taeks on den but am hopful for this bo nix kid, wasnt there a guy who posted before and said he was a denver fan?
with carr in the shop the saints are riding on their spare, dident we see some of rattler in the preseason?
but yeah what happened to @G.O. Joe,
look at mr commodities! do you invest in anything baba
thats cool that you are eating at home more, what do you like to cook?
thats funny you mentioned pizzas because i was thinking about hitting up the dominoes this weekend, they have a large three topping pizza for like $12 so i could grab a couple of those and i still have the emergency pizza (i dont know how many toppings but im assuming one?)
so like $25 bucks for three pizzas potentially?
not bad
i told you about the bet i have with my bil re: tay tay and the bey beh, he said she would be prego by the end of this year if the chiefs won the super bowl last season
i imagine kelso is a huge upgrade from the guys she would normally date in my eyes
he is the highest paid te in the nfl, which would make him like the 1000th most paid player, but still
plus he is big and strong and comes from a family that seems pretty cool, plus he just seems like a cool guy in general
he is not a dude this is a man, a handsome muscular man...

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Mama Mia that’s a big a fridgerator !..

does living in Colorado mean I have to cheer for the Broncos?…maybe but only if Elway comes out of retirement..😂

when I tell people that I can buy a gallon of gas for two dimes they look at me like I am crazy

if I take two pre-1964 dimes and melt them and extract the silver , at todays spot price I would get around $5 dollars for the silver..

that five will buy me about a gallon and a half of unleaded…

a 150 years ago a man could buy a nice suit for a $20 dollar gold piece

today a man could still buy a nice suit with that same $20 dollar gold piece

gold and silver can be used as a hedge against inflation

speaking of tamales and such , I first got turned on to a Jamaican patty around 1983 and I would eat them today if I could find one

the disposal was the easy part , I did have to change out the strainers in each side of the sink and I did have to modify some pvc

but zero leaks which is what counts

I really like working with shark bite plumbing , better than pvc , water pipe , and copper..easy to work with ..

why is it that the Chiefs seem to always have the best TE’s in the league?…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
f'n stoners; does anyone else see these ads

@Bababooey
i like det v the vikings, even with their big loss on d (a.hutch was coming out the the gates putting up all pro numbers)
i think this will be another good game for the det offense and goof could go off
/darnold is seeing ghosts and handing out candy

@bigsur51
oh wow man the Jamaican patty looks good; i dig the architure of it, a pastry/ dough filled with goodness
you can root for which ever team you like man! look at @superx and his steelers
geography definitely plays a part and usually you root for the home team (or even worse the rival) but its fun and i root for teams in places ive never been (or want to go, f'u det)
so do you actually have the silver bars? thats how i would hold metals, like literally i would be able to hold the metal; could you show one? is it .999
/ a lot of people invest in (metals) and all they are holding is paper
do you have any bullet molds? you never know when a silver bullet could come in handy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
@Bababooey
i like to read actual books! like the ones printed on paper
nothing too great right now but i just read
searching for cpt zero
/a surfer/ smuggler story of discovery
and lighting on the sun
/interested in pheno phem?
do you read books, do they have scratch and pictures?
i like books with pictures

so mrs.chicky is belly aching about her vaca to hawaii
she is going to visit the girl for a long weekend and im sure it will be torture the whole time
a little sand in the okole and some spam masibi and she will be fine
she is living her best life

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So you expanded the kitchen by 364 sq ft? Impressive. That's the size of a small (very small) apartment.
And you did all the electrical and plumbing and drywall and cabinets by yourself? Buzz has some skillz. Even now that ur older i bet you could still do it, it would just take longer. Hefty cannabis usage may make the work more enjoyable.

There's a gas station chain called valeros, there's a location or 2 that ive seen in IL but i think theyre mostly from the south? The Phillipines share a lot of language/culture with spain, who colonized them a long time ago.

U recycled some scrap metal, a bunch of it, and didnt even get $100? Was there some brass or copper? They dont pay squat for steel anymore, guy i know took a heavy ass bath tub to the scrap yard and got $6 for almost suffering a hernia. Lol, but it's more sad and frustrating than funny.

I dont have any gold or silver but a quick google search found the spot price. It wouldnt be the worst idea to buy and sell some. Im not sure how much room both have to run, maybe another 10-15% at most before it pulls back for a bit.

We had some ground turkey that we made into taco meat and sloppy joes, it's alright, in a sauce it's almost indistinguishable from beef.

Is ur bro-in-law prescient? Have u ever known him to be right in his other predictions? If so, i wonder if theres a market for betting on Tay-tay getting knocked up, and what the odds are...

He's definitely the most beefcake of all the people she's dated, i think, im not sure who she's dated. John Meyer? That dude from the Twilight movies, the werewolf? He was kind of buff for the movies.
If she breaks up with Kelce, maybe her lesbian phase will come next.

I see, yeah, it's the pre-1964 dimes that had a certain amount of sweet, sweet silver in them. Back when a dime could actually buy u something, like Bigsur said. So each pre-1964 dime had about
.08 oz of silver? So 12 or 13 would make an oz? Why is silver still cheaper than cannabis, per oz?

A jamaican patty is a meat filled pastry? I guess a tamale can be considered an equivalent, yeah. Arent jamaican patties kind of nasty, tho? The ones sold in NY bodegas always look cheap and low quality to me. Are they actually pretty good? Hot pockets are pretty low quality but they can taste decent.

Shark bite is a nice little hack for sure. Do u know how to solder copper tho? Did u remember to use plumber's putty under the sink drains?

I see listing on ebay for gold coins and bars, and even costco sells gold coins. Pawn shops will buy ur gold as well but i think they take a large vig (profit).

I dont think silver bullets will do much for zombies or vampires, werewolves it would be ideal against. Silver doesnt make an effective bullet anyway, doesnt seem like it'd be heavy enough.

Alright, i might check out In search of captain zero. I mostly read news and such, not so much books.

Ive never been to hawaii but i could see it being a chore if ur not going for vacation. Ur right, tho, spend some time relaxing and enjoying urself and she'll be glad she went...

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
@Bababooey
the ex gets all uptight and sweats shit like not cleaning up her home before she goes away on vaca
/i live in a shit hole and dont care
this is the joint you poot, it seems legit
https://valeriosusa.com/collections/all
no! gam gam had bags and bags of aluminium and plastic, like i said i filled the be of my truck with this shit
how does that stack up next to the price of silver?
i like turkey meat (like you said it a good sub) and am not eating as much beef unless its steak
yeah man this patty looked like a meat pie or another dish where meat is folded in pastry and eaten by hand
im loving it and would have like two bites, it might be too spicy for me

the mrs is spoiled and needs some time in the sun to get her shit right
xoxo mrs chicky

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I never had a New York bodega made Jamaican patty

my patty experience came from living in Toronto Canada

a lot of Jamaicans emigrated to Toronto and there are several small restaurants that sell the meat filled patties

clean shops and friendly workers added to the cuisine experience

Shark bites and PEX pipe are the cats arse and elevated the craft of plumbing…

I can solder copper lying on my back going uphill but I don’t like soldering copper as much as I like PEX

always use the putty , even in places that it’s not needed!…

and Teflon tape , always wrap one more time

I have worked around pipe fitters and welders and have a lot of respect for that particular skill set..

my memory is fading and all be danged if I cannot recall the name of any teammate of John Elway..

me in Ocho Rios Jamaica 1980’s at a restaurant called The Ruins…awesome food..

IMG_0569.jpeg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I never had a New York bodega made Jamaican patty

my patty experience came from living in Toronto Canada

a lot of Jamaicans emigrated to Toronto and there are several small restaurants that sell the meat filled patties

clean shops and friendly workers added to the cuisine experience

Shark bites and PEX pipe are the cats arse and elevated the craft of plumbing…

I can solder copper lying on my back going uphill but I don’t like soldering copper as much as I like PEX

always use the putty , even in places that it’s not needed!…

and Teflon tape , always wrap one more time

I have worked around pipe fitters and welders and have a lot of respect for that particular skill set..

my memory is fading and all be danged if I cannot recall the name of any teammate of John Elway..

me in Ocho Rios Jamaica 1980’s at a restaurant called The Ruins…awesome food..

View attachment 19085576
you look muy sauve!
salude!

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
you look muy sauve!
salude!

ahh you are to kind…

was down there 3 different trips on business

The Ruins restaurant appears to still be there

codfish , akiee , red beans and rice cooked in coconut milk , and bami bread for a traditional meal

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg

buzzmobile

Veteran
So you expanded the kitchen by 364 sq ft? Impressive. That's the size of a small (very small) apartment.
And you did all the electrical and plumbing and drywall and cabinets by yourself?
The plumbing and electrical were roughed in and I did the hookups and panel connections and finish work. On the upper cabinets and ceiling sheetrock my Dad helped. I rented a jack for the sheetrock ceiling installation. Countertops were installed by another company. My brother was stationed in Sicily at the time of construction. I asked him to find a piece of marble for the kitchen island. He found a 1 meter square slab of green marble at a quarry, and it was shipped with his household goods back to the USA. The other part of the island is a cutting board I got from the cabinet company. I had them rout a rabbet on the cutting board so it overlaps the joint between marble and cutting board.
The hardest part of the finish work was installing the hardwood oak tongue in groove flooring. I rented a manual flooring nailer and I bought a load of flooring nails. The concrete slab was unforgiving if the hammer did not smack the plunger directly on center. When that happens the head of the flooring nail was left exposed up to a 1/4" above the tongue. An old jorgensen clamp was the solution because the end of the clamp fit the head of the nail perfectly. I pounded them home carefully. I got better as I went along but the big old mallet worked blisters on my hand and fingers. Duct tape wrapped fingers made it better. Once I got to the old part of the house with wood subfloor it was a snap.

My right elbow is feeling it this morning. LOL

NFL Week 7 coming up. Getting close to halfway there. Jags and Bills are going to stink it up across the pond. Local broadcast will not show Dolphins or Bucs. B O R I N G

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, i wonder if ur ex is also the type to wonder if they left the oven on when they leave on a trip.

That Filipino bakery seems legit, ive been to chinese bakeries in the city and the offerings seem similar. I didnt see the filipino tamale tho, they had some sweet sticky rice in banana leaves but nothing made of masa from what i could tell.

Aluminum cans, if u have enough of them, get a decent return. I didnt know cali scrap yards would pay for plastic? That seems interesting. In the midwest, Michigan offers like 5c per can which is probably 2 or 3x what other states offer. I think that was an episode of seinfeld.

Hopefully she'll come back from hawaii refreshed and tanned from some beach time, maybe she can rent a boogie board or something, spend some time on the water, i hear that's relaxing.

Geez, sounds like Bigsur is part Jamaican. Well, maybe just the cannabis smoking part.
Eating a hand made jamaican patty no doubt blows the factory made cheap ones out of the water. Have u ever had the coco bread as well?
Bigsur looked the part of a businessman back then: clean cut, buttoned down, shirt tucked in. No wonder he's let his hair and beard grow out, he was a square for most of his life.

Ur right, Pex is great, especially since it's freeze-proof. I hear it's not recommended for kitchen/potable water, as it can make the water taste a bit funny if it sits too long in the pipe? But yeah, sounds like u have some decent plumbing skills as well, very nice.

Speaking of someone with skillz, geez, it sounds like Buzz could practically build his own home if he had to. Just need an extra set of hands or 3 to hold stuff up as needed.
Nice find on the imported marble, must have been way cheaper than buying it here. I had to look up what a rabbet was, sounds like youve got some decent carpentry/woodworking skills as well.
Was it not possible to glue plywood down over the concrete slab so the flooring nails would go in easier or would that have messed up the floor levels?

Jags play the patriots in london, dont know why theyre favored by 6, patriots are starting drake maye now and their offense is better now even tho maye is more turnover prone than brissett. Trevor lawrence is picking his game up a little bit but the defense continues to disappoint.
Bucs play Ravens on MNF, that should be on ABC so u should be able to catch it, i think that'll be a good game, high scoring.
FSU plays Duke tonite, duke is favored by 3 even though theyve lost 22 straight to the Noles, with DJU on the sidelines i like FSU tonite...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
thats cool @bigsur51 that the place is still there, i wonder if its the same family still running things?
i enjoy caribbean style beans and rice, the ex used to have a mean yellow rice and black beans recipe
/something she picked up living up in fla
so when you were in jamaica did you get to sample the local smoke?

@buzzmobile that is awesome you did most of the work yourself and if anything ever needs repairs it should be no problem
/i wish i was more handy, if i cant fix something with duct tape or flex seal its time to break you the mallet
it looks like you did a really good job and im sure mamaD is happy with her spacious kitchen
those are sweet counter tops indeed! and i like the wood flooring
jags v bills should be ok, buf just signed a.cooper for a 3rd round pick and a plate of wings but i think he bring a lot to the team
/lv is picking up the check for the most part
i talked to my bills mafia friend and he was very excited about this trade but still agreed that the heat is on mcdermot
we also talked about him hosting a few plant on my behalf in his yard but he has a new roommate but she sounds weird

@Bababooey
im hoping the mrs comes back from the islands refreshed too
she has been really stressed out lately to the point where it is effecting her health
hopefully this will give her a chance to reset
/she is actually living a very good life now and i will always be her biggest fan
the pay for just about everything here in cali, at leat you do
you pay crv (california redemption value) when you buy something and then they give it back to you when you recycle the container, but depending on how much money is in the crv fund sometimes you get more than you paid
aluminum is what i will save but i usually throw my glass and plastics in the blue (recycling) bin and let the city take it off my hands
tb v b.more looks like a great game and i think it is on regular tv
rams play lv and i cant wait to see what the raiders can pull together but i think they are in full on tank mode at this point
so it turns out that that phil bakery close by is part of that chain so i might have to pull in and check it out
they had a ham and cheese pann de sal that looked good plus a bunch of other things i would try just to try
i still have the $80 i got from taking my moms recycling to the dump so im trying to come up with a fun idea for our meal together

shithawk420

Veteran
that was the dumbest fucking commercial ive ever seen pops.it looks fake as hell.morons

i hope Swift gets hit by a bus.dead fucking serious. theres AI nudes of her out there.shes not my type.no ass or tits

that fridge set is a beauty. i need a new fridge but cant afford one.its old as hell.those smart fridges are crazy too.i used to work with a plumber.i need to fix my dishwasher but my mom wont let me fix it. she has some kinda phobia of them.my grandma was the same way.just stores dishes we never use in it.got enough dishes for 2 or 3 families.pisses me off

nice pics bigsur. my uncle went to jamaica. isnt it dangerous now?

bears must be on a biweek. got no fucking clue if they can beat the redskins i mean commanders. buncha stupid PC pussies.pretty sure NA liked they were represented

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Don't know if I showed you guys but I finally found it in IL Aldi.beats the shit out of IA.good price too
20241018_152839.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts