20220301_003327.jpg
20220301_003341.jpg
20220301_003236.jpg
20220301_003333.jpg
20220301_003337.jpg
20220301_003200.jpg

Peace :tiphat:

DiverDave

I'm sorry I missed this contest, I have been running my FC 6500 for a good year, love the penetration.
I have a fist full of level bubble things I got at a hardware store all over the bars.
Was cool, but the 'Thing" I would think maybe best for Mars Hydro lights.. is a thicker/better-sized wire from the transformer to the light bar, the length is great, but at full power, in time it does get warm. not hot so still safe for me running 580 watts.

I can't wait to see someone on my island to get the (FC 8000 (the 780watt beast) <-- the name may be slightly different than I suggested last year.

keep the peace & go green (hint hint)

:plant grow:

DD

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I'm sorry I missed this contest, I have been running my FC 6500 for a good year, love the penetration.
I have a fist full of level bubble things I got at a hardware store all over the bars.
Was cool, but the 'Thing" I would think maybe best for Mars Hydro lights.. is a thicker/better-sized wire from the transformer to the light bar, the length is great, but at full power, in time it does get warm. not hot so still safe for me running 580 watts.

I can't wait to see someone on my island to get the (FC 8000 (the 780watt beast) <-- the name may be slightly different than I suggested last year.

keep the peace & go green (hint hint)

DD

There might be a new contest this month. We will see. But next month, 420 giveaway is a must thing. ;)
All the wires are UL listed and fireproof. we have tested them more than a year. it is very safe. Thicker wire is a good idea. but that will definitely increase the price. If the light can work safely, we would like to keep the price at a lower level to become more competitive. :dancer:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
You know... shorter wire works as well, as overall conductor resistance is a function of cable section and lenght. Dunno how long the others need those wires.. but for me they are way too long. At most i would hang them outside the tent, amd that is like 1 meter needed for that. But I keep my driver hung inside the tent currently, just because i like the light to bteathe betther without the driver assembly on top. For how I keep it now even 50 cm is enaugh. So you could consider making them a bit shorter. They will be more efficient (more power to leds rather than in heating the wire) and keep more cool.
Who really needs cables that long? They seem not long enaugh to put outside a big room, but too long for a tent. So.. who decided they need to be that long?

DiverDave

The wire length was perfect, I did ask for as long a cord I could get to get out of 5x5 tent ..it is perfect & I agree it is the rated wire, I almost always build big or go home.

This was not meant as a complaint, just an observation.
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

DD

:dancer:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
You know... shorter wire works as well, as overall conductor resistance is a function of cable section and lenght. Dunno how long the others need those wires.. but for me they are way too long. At most i would hang them outside the tent, amd that is like 1 meter needed for that. But I keep my driver hung inside the tent currently, just because i like the light to bteathe betther without the driver assembly on top. For how I keep it now even 50 cm is enaugh. So you could consider making them a bit shorter. They will be more efficient (more power to leds rather than in heating the wire) and keep more cool.
Who really needs cables that long? They seem not long enaugh to put outside a big room, but too long for a tent. So.. who decided they need to be that long?

This is also a good idea to lower the light cost and let the light become more efficient. what is the wire length of most of other lights? Anyone could share the experience? :smoke out:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, unless somone comes up with a reason they need wires that long, you could easily calculate how much wire you need on each. if you take the tent size most used with each light, it's easy to measure like what lenght would be needed for hanging the driver outside. For the FC3000, half of the lenght mine has would be enaugh for a 100 x 100 tent. Maybe add like 15-20% for safety measure and to make sure its possible to use it in the 120 cm tents as well. And you are done. I would think if the driver cord starts on one of the sides of the light, having the driver like a full light width away is more than enaugh to have it outside tent and distanced a bit. That would mean 60 cm away from FC3000 = about 100 cm wire needed. it looks like its about 2 meters long now, that cable. 2 meters is not enaugh to place them outside a room if you had one and wanted to make it tidy, but way too long even for a bigger tent. I think 150 cm long would fit most of your lights and most hanging styles possible. maybe a bit more lenght on the 800 watters. even there, 200 cm would probably be plenty. And ofc the cables on the bigger lamps are probably already a thicker gauge compared to smaller models, to take the extra power and limit resistive heat dissipation.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Well, unless somone comes up with a reason they need wires that long, you could easily calculate how much wire you need on each. if you take the tent size most used with each light, it's easy to measure like what lenght would be needed for hanging the driver outside. For the FC3000, half of the lenght mine has would be enaugh for a 100 x 100 tent. Maybe add like 15-20% for safety measure and to make sure its possible to use it in the 120 cm tents as well. And you are done. I would think if the driver cord starts on one of the sides of the light, having the driver like a full light width away is more than enaugh to have it outside tent and distanced a bit. That would mean 60 cm away from FC3000 = about 100 cm wire needed. it looks like its about 2 meters long now, that cable. 2 meters is not enaugh to place them outside a room if you had one and wanted to make it tidy, but way too long even for a bigger tent. I think 150 cm long would fit most of your lights and most hanging styles possible. maybe a bit more lenght on the 800 watters. even there, 200 cm would probably be plenty. And ofc the cables on the bigger lamps are probably already a thicker gauge compared to smaller models, to take the extra power and limit resistive heat dissipation.

I will definitely transfer this idea to our engineers. Thanks very much for your generous idea. :yay:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for missing the winning results! I'll have to get with you soon to collect! Thank you once again for your continued generosity.

Will be in touch. Things are coming together.

The funny thing is...I need a LONGER cord for one of my SP3000. I came back here to make this suggestion. Modular cord lengths - by offering different lengths as add-on options. You use the IP68 twist lock connectors - just offer separate lengths so the growers who NEED the additional cord length have the option to get it - without having to standardize every new product.

dank.Frank

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I was thinking ahout that too, dank frank. But the cables to the connectors would need to be thicker gauge as well in preparation for longer runs of thicker gauge wire. Otherwise those pieces would become the weak link, even if you have a really beefed up pigtail piece to extend it. It can be done for sure. Needs to be weighted on how many of the users would need longer wires and how many would do without.

DiverDave

I was thinking ahout that too, dank frank. But the cables to the connectors would need to be thicker gauge as well in preparation for longer runs of thicker gauge wire. Otherwise those pieces would become the weak link, even if you have a really beefed up pigtail piece to extend it. It can be done for sure. Needs to be weighted on how many of the users would need longer wires and how many would do without.

That kinda was my original suggestion on a thicker wire for the length I have.
But future options and support could be a good thing for ALL :)

DD

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yes! If this would keep costs low would be great. Shorter wires that can be lenghtened between driver and panel. I like the fact that it gets shorter and more efficient for those that don't need to place driver too far away! You guys that need the extra lenght can pay extra and get your cords. Everybody would be happier. Right?

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Sorry for missing the winning results! I'll have to get with you soon to collect! Thank you once again for your continued generosity.

Will be in touch. Things are coming together.

The funny thing is...I need a LONGER cord for one of my SP3000. I came back here to make this suggestion. Modular cord lengths - by offering different lengths as add-on options. You use the IP68 twist lock connectors - just offer separate lengths so the growers who NEED the additional cord length have the option to get it - without having to standardize every new product.

dank.Frank

Thanks for the suggestion, buddy. like exploziv said, we need to calculate how many people need longer cord.:thank you:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Yes! If this would keep costs low would be great. Shorter wires that can be lenghtened between driver and panel. I like the fact that it gets shorter and more efficient for those that don't need to place driver too far away! You guys that need the extra lenght can pay extra and get your cords. Everybody would be happier. Right?

:respect:that sounds perfect. i will transfer the idea to engineers.

DiverDave

:respect:that sounds perfect. i will transfer the idea to engineers.

This is all great and dandy going forward.
Unfortunately, it will not help because the current light fixture would need the connector as well, they currently do not.

This would be nice, on the next FC 65000E, w/ the extended cord.. like the one I have except a shade thicker.

I love the ideas on this one thing and with some hope, it may come to fruition. :rtfo:

:trampoline:

DD

Latest posts

Latest posts