What's new

Giveaway New giveaway for new year's new light trend talk

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hello Guys, new giveaway time! Are you excited now? :groupwave:

As we know, the LED tech changes every year.
From 2015 to the end of 2018, the purple LED was the most popular design. But there really exist some issues for this design.
From the beginning of 2019 to the end of 2020, the quantum board became the new trend. Our TS and SP series were released under this backgroud.
In 2021, the bar design LED became more and more popular. What is your expectation for grow light in 2022?

Rules:
1) Tell us your own idea or summarize latest news from internet about LED grow light trend or tech.
2) Your idea or news shall be related with light spectrum, design, chips, etc.
3) Each of your opinion or news will get a number, everyone follow up the order #1,#2,#3...(If you're the first one to write opinion,pls write the number #1 after the opinion, others follow up the order #2, #3...)
4) Everyone can share multiple opinions or summary news but No offence & No violence
5) Each idea should be in a separated post.
6) Cannot copy and paste others' words.

Everyone actively share your own idea or summary news, the more entry , the more chance to win and better item we can offer,
Plus two more lucky partcipants will get mars gift. all try the best for better opportunity! :smoke out:

Prize:
If the total ideas are more than 10, the prize will be 4'fliter kit
If the ideas are more than 20, the prize will be FCE-3000.
If the ideas are more than 50, the prize will be FC-3000+100x100x180cm tent.

Time:This giveaway will be from 25th Jan 2022 to 15th Feb 2022.The winners will be picked out by random number generator.

Welcome to share some innovative ideas or news. Let the party begin!! :rtfo:

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello! Nice to see another giveaway, but I would have loved to see some of your new products as prizes too. Anyway, lets get this going!

I have grown weed with flourescents, cfls, then hps, and then I started with leds, burple.. burple with white suplement.. cobs.. then I got to Mars Hydro TS and then FC lines. Once I understood leds and how to use them, each step bought me a bit more quality and yeld. But the biggest jump was when I first got the TS line, it was clearly more advanced tech and more efficient than before! Then with FC3000 my quality got a bit up, but I could not manage feeding so good to raise yeld too, that is what I plan on doing next grow!
What I would consider helpful is more surface area and more uniform light over the whole illuminated surface. Cooling could be engineered straight into the radiators, as nice low fins, for a overall slim design. for bigger units (which I think will be more and more in demand as market matures and more countries tolerate or legalise this hobby of ours) you should continue to do the folding design which I think is easier on the user than the individual bars clipping in. Smart design that combine both shipping efficiency with uniformity over usable light surface will win the market.
Now close this giveaway and give me my prizes! :muahaha:

Btw, this is my opinion, I will try to go at this at different angles in future posts.

rcco

Veteran
Hi Mars hydro,

thank you for this giveaway, it is appreciated.

Now it is a fact that led grow lights are much better than HID for multiple reasons. Less power consumption, less heat, better spectrum…

- LEDs, especially your design, are so powerful that it can be challenge for the grower, growing for the first time with LEDs, to find the power adjustment and the perfect height of the lamp. The helpful data is PPFD. The PPFD at a point of the grow area can be measured with a PAR meter. But a PAR meter is expensive.

You know perfectly what spectrum your lamps are emitting. It could be interesting to make an app for smartphone, to use the smartphone as a PAR meter. This way the grower could control the PPFD with dimming and lamp height, to adjust it to his plants for the best light distribution and the right amount of PPFD.
Without a smartphone app the grower could use a cheap luxmeter. Because you know your spectrum, you can give the relation between lux and PPFD, with Mars hydro spectrum related. The grower could easily calculate the PPFD- micromole/m2/s conversion from the lux value.

Personnally i would appreciate to measure the PPFD in my grow area, to find the perfect balance with dimming and lamp height, without having to buy a 500$ PAR meter.

thank you

Alpenglow

I think youre doing it wrong. Each Opinion should get a number.

#1 Bigger lamps
#2 Back to folding design
#3 Affordable PPFD/PAR Meter

My opinions/wishes:

#4 - Use neutral packages, stop printing wattages, grow lamp etc on the packaging

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Great ideea, you guys already thinking about new products or features related to lights. I was just thinking about making them more efficient.
As about the numbering of ideea, dunno if that is the right way, Mars Hydro Led should come and tell us. I get the #1st anyway! :D
I have other ideeas, but I will wait till we clear the numbering issue. :wave:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I want a device to raise and lower my light by the push of a button, but better yet controllable via 0-10V (full up or down) remote control like the light power can have. The design is simple, just copy how a old water well raised the bucket by turning a shaft with the rope wrapped around it. The left side wraps one direction, the right side wraps the other direction. That way when the shaft is turned in one direction, both ends raise or lower together. Pulleys on the top side edges of the tent frame, to direct the rope 90* from the shaft down to the light, like the vertical hangars off the tent bars like we use now. The length of the shaft is the only change in the various tent sizes, so one product fitz all.

Call it the "fly low, get high" if you want, but I want one for free to test.. We'll make this little advancement of the growing art my contribution and thanks to the cannabis world.

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I want a device to raise and lower my light by the push of a button, but better yet controllable via 0-10V (full up or down) remote control like the light power can have. The design is simple, just copy how a old water well raised the bucket by turning a shaft with the rope wrapped around it. The left side wraps one direction, the right side wraps the other direction. That way when the shaft is turned in one direction, both ends raise or lower together. Pulleys on the top sides like they use now.

Call it the "fly low, get high" if you want, but I want one for free to test..

A sensor that auto raises to pre-programmed height above the top of the canopy. Don’t even need to push a button.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The light meter is a separate deal, and the sensor can't move with the light. It needs to be fixed below at some average height of the tops. A leaf temp sensor can move with the light, and that is what I would use as a factor in the setting. I see the next gen controllers including light height if the industry can come up with a standardized control scheme. They use 0-10 volt and a phone jack for the light power, that may be OK for the height also.

Watch for a MARS light review soon on the topic of light power control. Here it is:

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...rollable-mars-fce-4800-bar-light#post18056672

Last edited:

Ipotato

4. I would like lamps where you can change the light spectrum on the fly by using an app on the phone or on the light itself for example every 1 hour 20% of the lamp gives 5 minute UVB pulse then goes back to normal or having massive 40+% blue light part during veg there with one turn of the dial

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hello! Nice to see another giveaway, but I would have loved to see some of your new products as prizes too. Anyway, lets get this going!

I have grown weed with flourescents, cfls, then hps, and then I started with leds, burple.. burple with white suplement.. cobs.. then I got to Mars Hydro TS and then FC lines. Once I understood leds and how to use them, each step bought me a bit more quality and yeld. But the biggest jump was when I first got the TS line, it was clearly more advanced tech and more efficient than before! Then with FC3000 my quality got a bit up, but I could not manage feeding so good to raise yeld too, that is what I plan on doing next grow!
What I would consider helpful is more surface area and more uniform light over the whole illuminated surface. Cooling could be engineered straight into the radiators, as nice low fins, for a overall slim design. for bigger units (which I think will be more and more in demand as market matures and more countries tolerate or legalise this hobby of ours) you should continue to do the folding design which I think is easier on the user than the individual bars clipping in. Smart design that combine both shipping efficiency with uniformity over usable light surface will win the market.
Now close this giveaway and give me my prizes! :muahaha:

Btw, this is my opinion, I will try to go at this at different angles in future posts.

haha, the giveaway is over now.:laughing:

:thank you: for sharing your opinion. There will be an upgradation for the light bar installation way soon.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hi Mars hydro,

thank you for this giveaway, it is appreciated.

Now it is a fact that led grow lights are much better than HID for multiple reasons. Less power consumption, less heat, better spectrum…

- LEDs, especially your design, are so powerful that it can be challenge for the grower, growing for the first time with LEDs, to find the power adjustment and the perfect height of the lamp. The helpful data is PPFD. The PPFD at a point of the grow area can be measured with a PAR meter. But a PAR meter is expensive.

You know perfectly what spectrum your lamps are emitting. It could be interesting to make an app for smartphone, to use the smartphone as a PAR meter. This way the grower could control the PPFD with dimming and lamp height, to adjust it to his plants for the best light distribution and the right amount of PPFD.
Without a smartphone app the grower could use a cheap luxmeter. Because you know your spectrum, you can give the relation between lux and PPFD, with Mars hydro spectrum related. The grower could easily calculate the PPFD- micromole/m2/s conversion from the lux value.

Personnally i would appreciate to measure the PPFD in my grow area, to find the perfect balance with dimming and lamp height, without having to buy a 500$ PAR meter.

thank you

:thank you: The par meter is really pricy. the APP idea is pretty good. But i don't know if my boss would consider that(because he will needs to employ a professional programmer:laughing:). Anyway, i appreciate the input. :huggy:

The light intensity that we recommend on the dimmer was tested by the tech guy through par meter. That might be rough for different growers or different growing environment. But it is really helpful for some growers.

We usually recommend like this:
Seedling: 25%
vegging: 50%
early flowering: 75%
middle flowering: 100%.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I think youre doing it wrong. Each Opinion should get a number.

#1 Bigger lamps
#2 Back to folding design
#3 Affordable PPFD/PAR Meter

My opinions/wishes:

#4 - Use neutral packages, stop printing wattages, grow lamp etc on the packaging

#5 - on the bigger lamps i would like to see different spectrums.
  • 4 bars more into the blue, 4 bars more into the red spectrum
  • every 4 bars are controllable by themselves (on/off/dimming)
    Just as an example on an 8 bar lamp
#6 - a far-red option would be nice, just a small driver that could run 2-3 Bars
  • not dimmable, on/off, simply extension kit
#7 - a controller and/or app extension to control the lamps as option
  • addable to one lamp in a connected cluster to control all the connected lamps
  • maybe i want to start with 50% power for an hour, then go up to 100% for 9 and back to 50% for the rest 2 hours for example
  • timing the extension kits when to start
  • humidity and temperature sensors
  • maybe 2 slots to add another temp or humidity sensor between the plants

:groupwave: so many ideas. :good:

Sorry the rule is a little equivocal. I have adjusted the rule. Each idea should be in a separated post :D

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Great ideea, you guys already thinking about new products or features related to lights. I was just thinking about making them more efficient.
As about the numbering of ideea, dunno if that is the right way, Mars Hydro Led should come and tell us. I get the #1st anyway! :D
I have other ideeas, but I will wait till we clear the numbering issue. :wave:

I have made the adjustment. :D

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I want a device to raise and lower my light by the push of a button, but better yet controllable via 0-10V (full up or down) remote control like the light power can have. The design is simple, just copy how a old water well raised the bucket by turning a shaft with the rope wrapped around it. The left side wraps one direction, the right side wraps the other direction. That way when the shaft is turned in one direction, both ends raise or lower together. Pulleys on the top side edges of the tent frame, to direct the rope 90* from the shaft down to the light, like the vertical hangars off the tent bars like we use now. The length of the shaft is the only change in the various tent sizes, so one product fitz all.

Call it the "fly low, get high" if you want, but I want one for free to test.. We'll make this little advancement of the growing art my contribution and thanks to the cannabis world.

Sounds good. it might be accessible in in future. :headbange

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
( I think its ) 8. I would like lamps where you can change the light spectrum on the fly by using an app on the phone or on the light itself for example every 1 hour 20% of the lamp gives 5 minute UVB pulse then goes back to normal or having massive 40+% blue light part during veg there with one turn of the dial

thanks, buddy. the rule has been adjusted. Could you pls adjust the entry number correspondingly? thanks. :thank you:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It's been fixed but now how do we know what number are we on? Remember, we're just a bunch of stoners.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
(5?) Since I think the demand will be moved to bigger grows, lower costs will matter more and more in the future. You should deploy a modular type of system on the comercial units, where each unit also has a power output for next unit, and you can put 4 or 5 of them in line on same outlet, for better organisatiom of growspace and lower costs. A cheap fusible breaker could then be used to make sure users don't piggieback too many units off same circuit.
Anyway, #5!

Latest posts

Latest posts