What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

New curse for Yankees?

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I am out of town right now, and missed everything from Chase Utley's Homer on, I was quite surprised to see the box, when I got back online.. Just waiting for Sportscentre now

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am out of town right now, and missed everything from Chase Utley's Homer on, I was quite surprised to see the box, when I got back online.. Just waiting for Sportscentre now
score was a bit lopsided due to a soft Yankee bullpen Doc.

only 3 wins needed for the Yankees 27th World Series ring.......

I have the Yanks in 5 games so I'm lookin' for the Philly schweeeeeeep!

Dr Dog

Veteran
lol

so we got a philly fan and a NY fan duking it out, care to make this interesting my friends

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the Yankee lumber's been @ slumber,
but things will turn fast here and now

and it's already interesting Doc, I never bet on sports as you're bettin' heart too
often, Styles is very likely correct in that a Yankee sweep probably won't happen
the Phillies are a tough assed team. I'm hoping that the officiating improves. And
there were two *iffy calls in late innings again that could've made a difference.......

* fuck iffy, those calls were bad period.

Styles P

yeah the calls were pretty bad but both teams got them so.... anyway im hearing 3 of the phillies have the flu....fuck.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah the calls were pretty bad but both teams got them so.... anyway im hearing 3 of the phillies have the flu....fuck.
yeah, my mention of bad calls included the one against the Phillies too,
self canceling or not the potential conclusion was affected by the umps.

too bad about the flu, makes it tough to time major league pitching.......

Dr Dog

Veteran
instant reply all the talk on SC when i did catch some today. I missed last nights game completely and will probably miss the next one too.

Thank god for replays. ( i bet the umps wish that too)

How about something like they have in Tennis, auto line judges

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

well we got a taste of instant replay in the World Series for the 1st time ever,
correct call was made of it eventually. gawd did Hamels curve ball ever get him
in trouble and yet he continued to throw it even to Pettitte, talk 'bout owned.

Sabathia tomorrow night.......

EDIT:
oh yeah, 9 down and just 2 wins to go.

Last edited:

Styles P

hamels is such a crybaby. he got mad when he walked tex then he gave up that bullshit ass homerun to a-roid. if this goes 7 games i better not see hamels out there. o well lets go blanton phils have showed multiple times they can own cc but we'll see.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I don't know, a 2-1 ballgame had CC throwing well just not as well as Lee did, then
the Yankee bullpen stepped in and allowed 2 runs each in the next two innings.......

no doubt about it, the two best baseball teams are battling the series this year.

Dr Dog

Veteran
got to watch most of the game last night, the first 5 innings from the Sporting News Grill and then the final in my hotel room. I think the turning point was the Arod homer in the camera

But a good game... and what is up with Jayson Werth? is it a contract year?

Styles P

i dont know if its a contract year but hes going to want big money when it is. lets just hope the yankees dont offer him 700million.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

How to post w/o sounding like I'm rubbin' it in?
wow, Johnny Damon MVP of this game for sure,
a brilliant at bat & then a rare double steal.......
10 games down and just 1 to go ~Yankee bling.

Yanks in 5

Styles P

good game for you guys. epic failure for us brad lidge has not pitched in 10 days and charlie puts him out there. he should have left madson in there. o well there next year hopefully hamels can get his shit together and we have dominate pitching again. blanton pitched a good game tho. and lol at utley homering off cc 3 times.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Well

It looks like this is the Yanks year after all

Unless Philly pulls out the impossible 3-1 comeback. They have nothing to be dissapointed in, they came up against a team that has been inspired since June

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

gonna be a great game tonight, Phillies gonna play tough &
Cliff Lee will very likely have an inspired outing, Burnetts goin'
on short rest? I wondered if the 3 man rotation would bite us
in the ass and it might be happening now.......

time to get world serious.

Dr Dog

Veteran
but of they win it makes Girardi look like a very smart man

But I hope Burnett is on and have a pitching duel

When AJ was in TO i loved him, great breaking ball

Dr Dog

Veteran
Being I only watch baseball, it does leave a long gap till april 1st

2 games left. Well done Philly, they were playing inspired. I got a kick out of Burnett staring down teh ump last night on his exit...good on him to come back out and stay with his team though