What's new

New Caledonia

Enchhman

All that I have to say is that I'm loving the New Caledonia's
Fast, Strong, High yields, Crazy Resin, Aroma what's not to love!! :thank you:

Here's some photos of my current Summer grow, got 2 different phenos
The first one is a clone from a previous grow and is in a 20gal, it smells of Citrus All purpose Cleaner from what I remember GAS
The second plant is in a 25gal just hope it smells of dank too
Current goal is to find the "drunk" pheno where your eyes are heavy and bloodshot :nanana:

#newcaledonia#veganmids#praisethesun :bow:

7D5799B8-C79A-4652-84F9-59A51544833E.JPG

FC25134F-47F3-48E5-832A-143D64CCC402.JPG

Kiefcake

I'm betting this one is a male. Nice strong purple colors coming in. There's two more with a barely a touch of purple, and one staying solid green so far.
This one is fairly lanky, the other 3 and more compact. All 4 have interesting smells on stem rub, not the general chlorophyll smell, but it's kinda like some cheap cologne.

View attachment 20220615_214032.jpg

Attachments

• 20220615_214323.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 84

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you enjoyed with your first experience with our New Caledonia release @Enchhman :)
Didn't know you already had a NC harvest harvest under your belt, would love to know more!
New outdoor plant and clone are enjoying the sun there. All the best!

Good luck with yours too Kiefcake !

Costa

Got already the 3rd generation going on here in the Sierra. The very few seeds obtained from the first run that germinated (2male,3fem), grew very homogenous and resembled a lot on that shorter/more compact NC1 "peach ring" Pheno which was my favorite. Except for one female which grew taller/lankier. Discovered few male pollen sacks on her at beginning of flowering which I removed but no more issues after this. Decided to do mainly a seed run to be able to grow it on a regular basis using the seeds of the two sexually stable, shorter/compact females. Turned out well and instead of smoking the heavily seeded buds we've hand rubbed a big part of them. Absolutely happy with the result. A real delicacy.

Few photos from this second run. Planted the seeds mid December the last year, outing after 55+ days.
End of February
0.jpeg

Mid March, the tall/lanky pheno in the foreground
0-3.jpeg

beginning of April, short & tall pheno
0-2.jpeg

Harvested/Handrubbed in the last days of April.

Attachments

• 0-2.jpeg
    0-2.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 0-1.jpeg
    0-1.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 88

Naturalgazda

Ahoj. Aká to môže byť odroda? Je to Nová Kaledónia? Je to samec zo štandardnej verzie tropickej zmesi.

Attachments

• 20220625_162256.jpg
    20220625_162256.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220625_162251.jpg
    20220625_162251.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20220625_162305.jpg
    20220625_162305.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 91

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It certainly could be New Caledonia @Naturalgazda if you bought Tropical Mix within the last years and half since we included a bit of NC stock into Tropical Mix regular release since then,but cannot confirm 100 % from here. If you are serious into breeding it's better you choose specific strains with known linage rather than the mixes.

Naturalgazda

Určite by to mohla byť Nová Kaledónia @Naturalgazda, ak ste si kúpili Tropical Mix v priebehu posledných rokov a pol, pretože odvtedy sme do pravidelného vydania Tropical Mix zahrnuli trochu zásob NC, ale nemôžeme to potvrdiť na 100 % od tu. Ak to s chovom myslíte vážne, je lepšie zvoliť si konkrétne kmene so známou líniou a nie zmesi.
Ďakujem Dubi. Áno, zmes je kupovaná nedávno..... Všetky veci v tejto tropickej zmesi sa mi páčia a som veľmi spokojná. Urobil som z toho dva vlastné kmene. Pravdepodobne Etiópia x Malawi (kupuje sa samostatne) a teraz Zamaldelica x Nová Kaledónia. Testoval som kvety samcov. Stredný stav. Stredné trvanie. Som spokojný s týmto mužom. Celý čas bol zdravý a vitálny. ..... jasné odrody, ktoré naozaj chcem kúpiť samostatne .....

Cactus Squatter

The New Caledonia male I’m keeping around for this season. Gonna let him hit pretty much everything else in the garden.
Lots of 11 & 13 finger fans. Takes the heat really well so far, very vigorous (he’s actually faster than my HonPan which is scary fast growing).
He was the larger of the 2 males from earlier this spring. The other one stayed short and more bushy, topped out at 7 finger fan leaves and was removed. This one has better smells, better growth rate, better looks, heavier double serrations on the leaves.

I’m going to take clones of him today to hold onto until I run some NC females to make seed with as well.
D2A1738D-82DA-47D2-BD1D-18B8DAC0923A.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
More vigorous than Honduras x Panama is really a statement! :D Really handsome boy, hope the stem rub is also enticing!
I haven't started outcrossing New Caledonia yet, but to be honest to start making New Caledonia hybrids is what motivates me the most for upcoming new sativa projects.

Cactus Squatter

More vigorous than Honduras x Panama is really a statement! :D Really handsome boy, hope the stem rub is also enticing!
I haven't started outcrossing New Caledonia yet, but to be honest to start making New Caledonia hybrids is what motivates me the most for upcoming new sativa projects.
This male was double the height of my other NC male, way more branch and better smells. Smelling the top of the leaves he has a really nice sweet smell, almost fruity.
He’s about 2 feet taller than the Hon Pan beside him.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I'm missing that tutti fruiti smell and taste. Really want to grow a couple for the fall season. Honduras x Panama too. :)

Kiefcake

Of 5 New Cal, one was a weak seedling I culled, one confirmed female which is in the 5 gallon which got up-potted and put in flower a couple days ago, 2 males not pictured, and the last pic is one I'm still waiting to sex.

The one I'm still waiting to sex is looking really good and the size of those fans in comparison are looking like the huge leaves you see on the cover of magazines showcasing some of the monster Thai plants, I'm very interested in this one, and if it's a male I won't be too heartbroken.

Attachments

• 20220706_232626.jpg
    11.7 MB · Views: 94
  • 20220706_235549.jpg
    14.9 MB · Views: 76