What's new

Nepal Jam x Kali China

Greencedar

These plants are looking great. I’ve been watching a friends nap jam this summer here at 42N Canada and it’s very impressive with big beautiful frosty buds and early flowering traits (flowering just before August). I have a Kali china growing here that started flower near the end of August.

Are the early flowering traits of the NJ passed on in this cross?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Meant to post these over here, not in the Zamaldelica x KaliChina thread. My bad.

Took her last night at 8 weeks. Smells very strong like taco seasoning. Very easy to grow plant, no fussiness.
This was my second Nepjam x KaliChina plant and it performed very similarly. Same smells, very similar growth. This one had slightly more foxtailed main colas than the first one did, and this one is more pink/red hues to the bud where the #1 had more of a blue hue to it. She ended up being right about 4ft tall. I didn’t try and bend or restrain her other than getting topped while still in early veg.

I also hit the lower branches of this with some Zacatecas Tribute pollen for shits and giggles. Looks like I got a small handful of seeds. View attachment 18741059

Congrats on the harvest of your second Nepal Jam x Kali China plant @Cactus Squatter :) Glad the grow was overall smooth, she leans more to Nepal Jam side i would say.
Please let us know your opinion about her after a bit of drying and curing and if you feel any remarkable difference compared with your first female. Thanks for sharing your experience and beautiful pics before harvest!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to our room and to ICMag Greencedar :) Happy to hear you are growing some of our genetics there in the Great North.
Both Nepal Jam and Kali China have a similar flowering time and outdoor harvest time, at least here at our 37ºN latitude, although it's always interesting to learn how they react in different latitudes like yours. To answer your question: yes, Nepal Jam x Kali China cross has the same early and fast flowering than its parents. Only early flowering Nepal Jam mothers were used with this cross with Kali China.

Cactus Squatter

Congrats on the harvest of your second Nepal Jam x Kali China plant @Cactus Squatter :) Glad the grow was overall smooth, she leans more to Nepal Jam side i would say.
Please let us know your opinion about her after a bit of drying and curing and if you feel any remarkable difference compared with your first female. Thanks for sharing your experience and beautiful pics before harvest!

Early samples of it… she’s definitely stronger than the first one I grew. More body feel to it. Bud density and shape are the same as the first one, smell is also similar but slightly different. The first NJxKC was straight up taco seasoning smell. This one started that way but with a cure has gone more towards smelling like a really good soup broth/bullion cube. Definitely some interesting smells from this line.

The bud structure is very nice. Good density without being rocks. Good harvest size.

Greencedar

Welcome to our room and to ICMag Greencedar :) Happy to hear you are growing some of our genetics there in the Great North.
Both Nepal Jam and Kali China have a similar flowering time and outdoor harvest time, at least here at our 37ºN latitude, although it's always interesting to learn how they react in different latitudes like yours. To answer your question: yes, Nepal Jam x Kali China cross has the same early and fast flowering than its parents. Only early flowering Nepal Jam mothers were used with this cross with Kali China.
Thanks Dubi. I've mostly been growing Ace gear indoors for the past few years and every plant has been exciting (Malawi, Kali China, Pan x Congo, congo, Nap Jam, Green Honduras Haze, Super Malawi Haze, Auto Zam). GHH and Kali China are my two favourites so far although I have a really interesting PC thats around 3 month cured and getting better every week.

For reference, here's some pics of the Nap Jam at my friends (he's only been growing a couple years) and my Kali China. Both are in a coots type soil (20gal) and get sun from around 8am-7pm until mid September at 42N Canada. I'd probably go for a bigger pot with the kali china since it's getting a bit hungry now. I'd love to find a NJxKC pheno that flowers early like the NJ does here. I might have to pop a couple packs next year and spread them around. I've posted some stuff over on the Green Mountain thread and the Green Mountain Grape is doing amazing outdoors here and is almost ripe.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Attachments

• Kali2.jpg
    Kali2.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 194
  • kali3.jpg
    kali3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 200
  • Kalisept22.jpg
    Kalisept22.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
  • Nap Jam Sept14.jpg
    Nap Jam Sept14.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 224
  • napjam.jpg
    napjam.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 208

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Appreciate you grew so many of our releases @Greencedar ;) Green Honduras Haze is also a favorite of mine for pristine pure sativa cerebral effects, and Kali China for terpenes and effects too. Happy to see Nepal Jam finishing so early up there, your KC is not that far to finish as well. Green Mountain Seeds early sativas such as GMG are indeed very suitable for your latitude and outdoor conditions.

dilettante

I want to give a shout out to Nep Jam x Kali China. Best two plants in this years perfect guerilla season at 50° N in the Rhineland (the other contenders being Bangi Haze, Violetta, Kali China, Bangi Congo x Panama and Purple Satellite).

One went down on the 13th of October, the other will go down on the 29th. Beautiful plants, strong vigour, strong smell (one incensy one lemony), gorgeous tight buds.

Quite late to start flowering but quick to finish. No mold on the early one. Minimal mold on the later one after the rains started. We had perfect weather until mid October.

Super heavy yield. I'm looking forward to sampling the finished product.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I want to give a shout out to Nep Jam x Kali China. Best two plants in this years perfect guerilla season at 50° N in the Rhineland (the other contenders being Bangi Haze, Violetta, Kali China, Bangi Congo x Panama and Purple Satellite).

One went down on the 13th of October, the other will go down on the 29th. Beautiful plants, strong vigour, strong smell (one incensy one lemony), gorgeous tight buds.

Quite late to start flowering but quick to finish. No mold on the early one. Minimal mold on the later one after the rains started. We had perfect weather until mid October.

Super heavy yield. I'm looking forward to sampling the finished product.
Like to hear this as I have a seedling of this in my current garden. I love both on their own, so I have high hopes for the cross.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So happy to hear Nepal Jam x Kali China performed so well this outdoor season @dilettante :D
Would love to see some pics if you have the chance, sounds gorgeous in your description.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful stocky Nepal Jam x Kali China @MrHamilton :)

How would you describe her terpene profile now she is finishing ?

Glad you keep clones to make an unseeded run in the future :yes:

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Beautiful stocky Nepal Jam x Kali China @MrHamilton :)

How would you describe her terpene profile now she is finishing ?

Glad you keep clones to make an unseeded run in the future :yes:
She is very sweet/fruity right now and I compared her to the ZamChina next to her and they are very similar. There’s more to them both but I can’t isolate them yet.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Thank you dubi, I already have another cutting in the flower tent, and three more rooted clones of her. Excited to get her through flowering without the unwanted seeds this time🤷🏼‍♂️🤪