What's new

my kids won't eat home-made ice cream ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
:oops: and don't you know i'm heart-broken! :rolleyes::sneaky: now i'll have to eat it all myself... 3 or 4 eggs, a can of condensed milk, 2 tbsp of vanilla, 1&1/2 cups sugar, sprinkle of salt, top the container with whole milk and crank until you can't. it's just horrible for a grumpy old diabetic to have to do something like this...

Veritas629

I have no sweet tooth at all ... until I get stoned. Then I can smash any size ice-cream container you offer up! My two dogs sit under me waiting for those inevitable delicious drips ...

strain_hunter

:oops: and don't you know i'm heart-broken! :rolleyes::sneaky: now i'll have to eat it all myself... 3 or 4 eggs, a can of condensed milk, 2 tbsp of vanilla, 1&1/2 cups sugar, sprinkle of salt, top the container with whole milk and crank until you can't. it's just horrible for a grumpy old diabetic to have to do something like this...
Let them choose their favourite flavour of ice cream and then make it themselves.

El Timbo

No cream in your ice cream?

buzzmobile

Veteran
haskap ice cream
Today I learned about a haskap berry. I blame it on growing up in blueberry territory.

drosera420

Premium user
Dang near spot on to my folks recipe if I recall. The only kind that gives me a brain freeze and gets rock hard in the freezer. The wife got me an electric one with a frozen bowl. So much easier and simple than the rock salt and ice. Might break it out this weekend now that you planted the seed.

Rgd

Veteran
never heard of it
we only make our own..[electric machine..]
Today I learned about a haskap berry. I blame it on growing up in blueberry territory.
me too..but they are quite the berries..

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
My wife has the kids make ice cream in a small zip lock inside a large zip lock using ice cream salt and ice. Just shake it until it's ready. Never heard them complain.

You know what is super delicious? Putting a scoop or so of good vanilla ice cream in some shots of espresso! That might end up being my breakfast today now that I'm thinking about it.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Your kids don't like cranking that handle. The effort is not worth the return. Get some different kids.
LOL
i broke dads old hand-cranker two years ago. :cry: weaseled out and bought an electric model. i've tried to swap my boys for some tots before, nobody will take the bait. :confused: i'd have to divorce my wife and marry some young single mama...hmmm :unsure: naw, too old to start over, but a nice idea.

drosera420

Premium user
Thanks for the idea ! 6 eggs, can condensed milk, 2 tsp vanilla, 2 1/2 cup sugar and milk to the top, whole is best but 2% will work.

Best part is the hard outer frozen bit of container. Note ! Make sure to get a couple lactaids in ya first.... doesn't work afterwards 🤣

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_3207.jpeg

laszlokovacs

You know what is super delicious? Putting a scoop or so of good vanilla ice cream in some shots of espresso! That might end up being my breakfast today now that I'm thinking about it.
Affogato is no joke that stuff is delicious. Coffee usually puts me to sleep... a few years ago I was having an affogato everynight for dessert/dinner with some nice shaved chocolate. Been awhile since I had one.. might have to start doing that again.

Pouring the espresso over coffee and watching it all marble up adds some nice visual flair too. I would be dabbed out of my mind late at night staring at the coffee/chocolate/ice cream mixture lol