What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

My first attempt at growing.

Thanks for the advice growbigtrees.

-BubbleX

Yeah man no problem, I was honestly petrified of hurting my plants at first until I accidently snapped some branches and saw how fast the plant recovers. And like mt said tie them up, make them work for you haha.

bubbleX

First Medical Closet Grow - Part 4 - 21 day old clones.

First Medical Closet Grow - Part 4 - 21 day old clones.

Wednesday April 7, 2010 update. I added a couple of pest strips to the grow closet, due to seeing a couple root gnats flying around, I caught one of them and smeared the other on the wall with my finger. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgRDa-D9Vvg

-BubbleX

bubbleX

First Medical Closet Grow - Part 5 - 22 day old clones.

First Medical Closet Grow - Part 5 - 22 day old clones.

April 8, 2010 Update.

I just made a cloning set-up last night. I had some extra tubing and a water pump. I made a oval ring coming out of the water pump using a T. The T completes the oval and is placed inside on the reservoir. As you can see I used two small containers (one for a dome). I am keeping them clear so I can add another area right underneath it, and have them stacked. Not too worried about Algae at the moment . Now after I had the oval tubing the way I wanted it, I now drilled two holes in close proximity to each other around the tubing, pointed downwards, and firing directly back into the reservoir. I am not using a air pump right now, I had to utilize what I had lying around. Seems to be fizzing up in there like a can of 7up was poured into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlOIlGWbCfA

I made two small cuttings, one each from two plants. One Ice Cream, and the other clone in the left front is a Candy Purple. I mad a 45 degree cut, then split the stems in the middle. Used no cloning gel or powder. Places directly in 1 gl. of PH 5.9-6.2 RO water with about 10-15ml of Rhizotonic. I have misted/sprayed the plants 3 times so far since last night.

Lights: I am using one aquarium/reptile style hood. Only has one CFL tube in it right, but has two more attachments for regular bulbs, or screw in type CFL's can go in there for a total of three. I'll get them this weekend.

I am hoping for the best, as this is only an experiment. I am hoping the temps don't go over 79 degrees. If they do, I will use the timer attached to the water pump.

Before I used the set-up, I ran 1gl of RO water and almost a half cup of Hydrogen Peroxide, and let it run for about 2 hours. Then drained and filled back up. Only adding about 3 drops of Hydrogen Peroxide this time, as a little will go a long way I hear.

Thanks for viewing. I will post another video after the weekend.

-BubbleX

barth

Cool setup bubbleX, i always wanted to go hydro but i just cant keep the temps in the right range and my setup is too small to add ice bottles to a rez. Ihave all the stuff to do it but not the courage.

growbigtrees since i have started doing scrog i have been standing there with a branch in hand saying "oh effe" more then a handfull of times. The plant never seems to care and i usually just have to redirect growth under the screen.

Latest posts

Latest posts