What's new

Mostly Ace, Mostly Sativa

Keif Cake

Veteran
Awesome selection of strains!
About to start flowering a couple Panama x PCK as well, and have Hashplant Haze x Kali China and Panama x Golden Tiger on the way to my mailbox as well as another line I'm hoping to get some Diesel out of.

I also have a few other plants that are just showing or are close to showing sex, Chocolate Thai and Tuna Kush from Hazeman. The 4 Hazeman Headband F1 (loompas headband) all turned out to be male, one of them looks pretty good though, so I may run it across the Headband (notsodogs LA Kush) x Triangle Kush.

I ordered a STS kit last night, figured it's time I make some more fem seeds, it's been many years and I used colloidal silver then. I'm thinking the Honduras Female is going to make some really nice crosses.

Keif Cake

Veteran
This light is gonna be a game changer! It's soo bright in there now.

20221029_225556.jpg

Since I had to pull a few things out to get the light in there, here's some more of that wonderful Honduras, it's definitely going to be included in a few projects. There's gotta be about 20 spears on here.
20221029_224859.jpg
20221029_224927.jpg
20221029_225303.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Alright! Got two orders in the mail a minute ago, one from North Atlantic Seedbank (top row) and one from DC seed (bottom row).

Will be getting 2 each of the Ace fems in the dirt some time today, and trying to decide on the number of G Unit, which is a gg4 x sowah. Since it's known to have a certain percentage of herms being in the Chem family, I'm thinking maybe 10 and hopefully can find a stable variegated female with ⛽️ terps.
All other packs are freebies

20221031_134024.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
I grew some orangeglo watermelons this year, and Just finished racking 5 gallons of watermelon wine, that I added 4 lbs of strawberries to, after primary fermentation that I started a couple of weeks ago. I don't really like drinking, but I'm working on a Psychedelic Wine project I've been thinking about for a while.

I started the mushroom culture by using spore swabs on agar on 10/5, and made water darts that I inoculated sterilized popcorn with on 10/25. I hope my timing works out well, the Z strain is a very aggressive strain, and it will take another 2-3 months for secondary fermentation of the wine. It will take a month or more for good colonization of the popcorn, and then 2-3 weeks more to get some fruiting bodies. Once I get the mushrooms, I want to add no less than 25 wet grams of fresh mushrooms per serving (which is about 3 grams dry), which I think about a wine glass equivalent of about 6 ozs is a good target.

I'll add a little ascorbic acid when putting the shrooms in the wine for extraction to protect the unstable psilocin, and allow the water to extract both the psilocybin and psilocin for 2 days, and I will probably have to rack the wine one last time and be sure fermentation has stopped before bottling. I'm thinking it should have long shelf life with 14% alcohol and vitamin-c acting as a preservative.

I have some frozen infused kool-aid in the freezer, but something I feel more confident in staying shelf stable would be pretty awesome.

Attachments

• 20221031_164341.jpg
    20221031_164341.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 20221031_164409.jpg
    20221031_164409.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • 20221017_190433.jpg
    20221017_190433.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
  • 20221031_163749.jpg
    20221031_163749.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60

Keif Cake

Veteran
The Honduras cutting that is getting sprayed with STS. It has an absolutely wonderful growth structure, no training or topping has been done. I haven't even smoked this one, and am going forward with making seeds from it, the smell of it is one of the best I've smelled on a plant.
The New Caledonia female that I really like, which I was going to use to in this cross is a no-go, unfortunately I found about 6 nanners on it yesterday and a couple more today. The Panama Haze should make wonderful offspring with it.
20221031_214831.jpg

Got 2 each of Hashplant Haze x Kali China and Golden Tiger x Panama in the dirt. Since I hate wasting time, I put 14 G Unit in the dirt.
20221031_221453.jpg

I also put a single seed that I dug out of this Headband x Triangle Kush to make sure it was developed enough before harvesting the plant, which was pollinated by the Honduras male. I'm certainly interested in how the Honduras male performs
20221031_223047.jpg
20221031_223125.jpg

Last edited:

Keif Cake

Veteran
Although this New Caledonia broke my heart by having nanners, I've picked off about a dozen or more. The only thing I can think of that would have stressed it, is rolling back the timer twice in one week to have lights on at 9 instead of 10. Normally I wouldn't worry about nanners and random seeds, but I can't be breeding that in my Chukn plans.
20221103_212242.jpg

20221103_205935.jpg

I think this one is going to make forget all about it. This is the one I posted in the New Cal thread that I really liked the growth of like the Thai's you'd see on cover of High Times back in the day. The first had an indescribably different smell to it, and this one has more of a floral, classic slightly sweet weed smell to it, almost like a bubblegum which I'm really liking. The growth is less vigorous and not as branchy, but the buds that have gotten good light are fatter, thicker, denser, and so far has been stable. Making some Fem seeds with the Honduras and this one should produce some wonderful looking and smelling babies
20221103_212448.jpg

20221103_212459.jpg

20221103_210020.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Snagged Up a couple packs of landrace Acapulco Gold today, I got an email about Mass Medical doing a preservation of it from Bodhi seedstock. I had set an alarm ten minutes before they were available for sale, saw there were 30 packs available at 3:20, I snagged 2. I got curious a minute ago about it and checked(its 11 now), sold out. I've been looking for Acapulco Gold seeds for many years. Flowering time 12-24 weeks.
I'm trying to decide on how i should go about running them, maybe all at once and do a controlled open pollination. I'm not trying to end up with 20,000 seeds lol.

Keif Cake

Veteran
This New Caledonia is looking VERY hazy. Although I won't be running this plant again because of the nanners, I have a whole branch pollinated with Honduras male that i will have to pop someday
20221112_003018.jpg
20221112_003007.jpg

The other New Cal, these buds are unbelievably dense. It won't be as easy to trim, but should lend itself well into combining with Honduras, Malawi, and Panama Haze

20221112_003359.jpg
20221112_003338.jpg

goingrey

Orange watermelon wow. Never seen one of those. Does it taste different than the red one? The brew sounds like something that needs to be respected.

Too bad about the nanners on the New Caledonia. Changing the lights by an hour shouldn't cause much stress at all. If that's what did it then, well, better to know now than to have a bigger accident later.

Your tent is looking like a jungle, I love it. Interesting idea to make a three-way polyhybrid. Well four-way really because of the Panama Haze.

Nice touch with the ACE bucket.

Keif Cake

Veteran
It does taste slightly different than the red ones, it's a very sweet type of melon! I started growing them trying to find a watermelon I like, and it does taste good, but I think it's the texture I really don't like.
If it comes out right, it will definitely need to be respected, if you overdo it, better hold on lol.

It is too bad about the nanners, but that's my thoughts exactly.

I'm thinking maybe a type of modern day Haze combining them all, maybe even throw in some Acapulco Gold into the mix. Really as long as it's a sativa, and checks enough boxes, imma throw it in there.

Once I harvest I plan on starting several from each mother, possibly use the fem Honduras pollen on females from each mother to make future selections easier by not having to sex plants, and reintroduce a male back in when I find something standout along the way.

And about the Ace buckets, I think about that every time I look at pics with ace gear in them

Keif Cake

Veteran
I feel pretty lucky to have been to snag 2 packs of Acapulco Gold, i haven't had any plans of when I'd run the Mexican line of Honduras but I'm thinking about running them with it.
20221116_204621.jpg

Zamaldelica is starting to look really good, buds are quite dense, smell isn't carrots anymore, it's more of a chemical almost glue like.
20221117_202321.jpg
20221117_202356.jpg

Malawi!!!! Not picking up much on the nose with it, but talk about being resinous. I bet this and the Afghan I have would make a wonderful hash plant. I'll have to wait until harvest to get better pics of it again.

20221117_204320.jpg

The Afghan, very complex in terps, kinda stinks, it gets difficult distinguishing what's what after fondling all over Honduras, HonPan, Zamal, and New Caledonia.
20221117_202923.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Panama x PCK
Looks like I've been sleeping on the Ace hybrids, especially the way this Panama Dominant one is shaping up.
20221117_201859.jpg
20221117_202548.jpg

Almost out of room before I have to get rough with her, light is as high as can get it.
20221117_205702.jpg

The PCK one that's been in flower for about a week I think.
20221117_203014.jpg

Panama Haze is looking much different this time around, I'm liking the expressions it's showing, not quite as fluffy, and way more resinous.

20221117_204423.jpg
20221117_204356.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts