What's new

More Big Money plans to invade the Emerald Triangle

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Crytop, What year did you move to Humboldt? Or were you born there?
I ask because when I moved there in the early 70's I was told the "locals" who had moved their 5-10 years earlier to grow were pissed at all the newcomers moving to the area raising property prices, and of course the older timber families hated us all at first.
What I am saying is that people want to get what they like and then prevent any change to that. Now it is the new money techies you want to hate?
Unless you have timberland and process the timber you are part of the gentrification, wise up.
-SamS

Dkgrower

Veteran
I can understand that alot of pepol fear big corps, dont forget they pushed out barbers, bakers, butchers to have it all in a super market so they will try and squeeze out any small timers, thats why i hope U.S growers will unite and stand together in initiatives like the humbolt gold standart and fight together..

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Mendocino Coastal growers talk a lot but do little. It's endemic to the area. Big ideas are shot down by people shamed by those with ideas and enthusiasm. I was proposing similar ideas to people with the skills to make it happen, to add to my event planning and Travel Tourism experience of 10 years in a big city. They'd rather get a new dirt bike or a biodiesel car that breaks down weekly, than make plans for the future, Big Business will step in and do it while the trust fund babies cry and cry. But do nothing creative on their own. Been there seen it. I feel bad for you guys sometimes, it is like, ONE SLIP and you're done, with those high costs on everything. I almost halved my cost of living, although the ticket prices for cannabis are not much higher here. A little more for AAA's.

And the CA BS factor is so high. Lotsa bluster, lotsa cockblocking by envious people. What Sam refers to is called in Hawaii, "THe Last Haole Principle." In other words, I am here now, no one else is allowed. haha

Meanwhile, I happily have been enjoying some Greenhouse grown Blue Dream from NorCal, obtained from a local dispo, 2500 miles away from my old coastal area. While I wait for my next triple Diesel Crop. And bring cured trophy buds (all two of em left) to the Cannabis Cup next weekend, even though it has devolved into a dabfest. haha - Yip , Blue Dream, crunchy outdoor grown, for now. Ubiquitous, yes, but still my favorite to grow and smoke. Except for the Trip D. But Sungrown = better to Me..@@@ !!!

Good on you guys for fighting the good fight. I personally am glad I am a local originally from this med mj state, cause outsiders have a hard row to hoe, like I did in Mendontseenone. Even tho the laws are silly as shit here ...

Last edited:

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Personally, I've noticed that even though there is plenty of cheap, so-so weed in my area, there will always be a demand for high end, well grown and cured herb. Those are the folks I like to hang with, those that appreciate all the subtleties of a fine herb..