What's new

Mass. SuperSkunk ??

hidingtree

ok so i'm not correct (sorry!). i was told it was like a BBxskunk (with the best of both traits )yet i cant find anything on it ept now its a clone only??? ...... chemdog would know .was his clone or seed ...? i do believe that the seed bank became the current sensi that is still around today ..... some say its lineage(the seed bank )dates to the early 70's .... so where the heck did the MSS come from .?????(better yet where did it go ?)besides the mass &nyc family. it would make sense for sensi to carry something of that lineage? (current SS? 1 in 100 pheno?) and people are sayin its(MSS) been around since 1980 ....thats incredible ... so who knows the real deal ..... ?i'm guessin now that i believed the wrong thing .... the saga continues.... yay! many blessings ~hidingtree

Last edited:
G

super skunk is a afghani x skunk #1. the strain did originate in the 70s i believe but the mass. super skunk came from 1986 sensi stock. jimmynitz is in the know about this strain so i trust his word.

hidingtree

hey H&L good to see you thanks for the answer ... so the MSS is afgani x skunk#1 of that era 1986 seed bank(or sensi) .....seeds ?killer pheno from the dudes in Mass?

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Ok, ok let me help clear this up a little bit. Massachusetts Super Skunk is a completely different strain to the Sensi Seeds Super Skunk. And yes they were still 'Seed Bank' back in 1990 when SuperSkunk came out. Sensi/Seed Bank version is Skunk/Afghani crossed back over many generations. It is a mainly commertial strain and very common amongst cash croppers.

Mass S Sk is a clone only strain which happens to have the same name as the more common Dutch version. It may be ralated, but its more likely it was named for its skunky characteristics rather than its genetic background.

I havent actually grown or smoked the MSS, but its supposed to be wicked shit and supposedly much better than the Dutch Super Skunk.

- Ez

Last edited:

cannigrow

Last time I had some of this was over the summer, and it's still my favorite skunk to date. Dense, stinky nugs. It's a parents of Sour D, and another guarded clone only strain. Top Notch however, and well deserving of "elite" status, unlike some other clone only strains. I have a pic of the nug I had over the summer, will post when i get home.

hidingtree

thanks ezra , that does help to clear things up so we now know that it is not and doesn't seem it was ever commercially available ? that we know of??????

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hidingtree said:
ok so i'm kind of lol ing with Raco .... '86 sensi? never heard of them back then .... the ones i do remember were : super sativa seed club , and the seed bank ..(i remember one other i think ....not the name though. ) there was no Sensi seeds at that time ...... i think they came around in 91 maybe '90 anyone with abetter memory wanna tell the history ? and i think the Mass is for massive instead of massachussetts although i know those dudes made her a star along with the dawg . correct me if i'm wrong though .... many blessings y'all ~ hidingtree

As far as I remember there was not Sensi shop in the summer of 1990.I´m not sure,but I think that the hash marijuana museum was there,but closed,with the street window dirty and dusty...:D:D:D
I tried SSK for the first time in 1990 :joint:
I´ve also heard that SSK is SK#1 + Kandahar Indica... :chin:

Last edited:
G

The seed bank became sensi seeds from what I remember, so maybe thats where the confusion lies. Anyways, gotta get my hands on this hybrid, regardless of where it came from.

guerilla

sugabear_II

Veteran
I had a friend who did a couple commercial runs of this stuff - very very stinky - skunky from afar but sweeter up close almost fruity like figs - cures to a nice golden bud color - absolutely covered in trichs - needs to be kept in glass jars - Seems to still be around the NE area - got some outta burlington, vt this past spring. I had some cured bud shots on OG before the end - gone now as is the bud - but I'm sure I'll see it again - heck I think my friend still has a mom - but he wasn't sure if it was that or williams wonder x big bud. damn him

Latest posts

Latest posts