What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

My intro thing

PlateHashashin

Hi everyone,

I'm Jay, 30 years old, currently living in the UK but originally from Belgium and speak both Dutch and English (really?!). I've been a long time avid smoker and enjoyer of both bud and hash in all its glorious forms, with my preference landing on hash typically. I used to grow, but as I'm now living in the UK and don't want to get kicked out the year before I can become naturalised I've had to give it up, and have missed it enormously.

I'm a huge nerd when it comes to weed and LOVE learning about growing techniques, processing techniques, and of course smoking techniques ;). Outside of bud I hang out with my wife and pup, read a ton and watch a shitload of movies/documentaries, play a shitload of Ultima Online (Outlands freeshard), produce shitty music, paint, tend to my veggie garden and chilli plants, walk a shitload, and anything camping/outdoors related, and some other things I'm forgetting cus I'm blazed.

Best/fav strains I've smoked (in no particular order): Amnesia Haze, Sour Diesel, Green Crack, G13, Grape Ape (I typically hate grape flavoured things), Stardawg (don't roll your eyes at me, Brits!), Permanent Marker, Fruit Sourz, Northern Lights, Cheese, Skunk, Super lemon haze, Ghost Train Haze. I don't know if it's just me having on a pair of rose-tinted nostalgia glasses but I'm a huge fan of the older strains when it comes to taste.

Anyway, enough rambling! I'm always happy to chat about anything!

Happy to be here, can't wait to get to know you all.

Rocket Soul

Welcome and

From another walloftexter :)

Whats your favourite way of making hash and what is your "shitty" music trying to sound like? Not sure if there is a music maker thread but there for listening.

Edit: maybe somebody should start a music production thread here:)

And by "shitty" im mean that maybe its not as bad as you think, everybody is their own worst critic. My problem was that it was too hard for me to get out of the 4 bar loop, and eventually quit and now its hard to get back into it:confused: but somehow i know thats just a bad excuse. If you look into starting a thread tag me ;)

Last edited:

PlateHashashin

Welcome and

From another walloftexter :)

Whats your favourite way of making hash and what is your "shitty" music trying to sound like? Not sure if there is a music maker thread but there for listening.

Edit: maybe somebody should start a music production thread here:)

And by "shitty" im mean that maybe its not as bad as you think, everybody is their own worst critic. My problem was that it was too hard for me to get out of the 4 bar loop, and eventually quit and now its hard to get back into it:confused: but somehow i know thats just a bad excuse. If you look into starting a thread tag me ;)

That's a difficult question! I really enjoy the process of making Ice-O-Lator using fresh frozen material and giving it several goes from 120 to 90 to 73 µm. My "music" is just mostly 90s Memphis rap adjacent and had the same exact issue as you did for a long time. The way I got over the "4 bar loop curse" is by getting a few loop packs in and checking out a few different arrangement guides and since then it just started clicking! I highly recommend finding a song you really like and recreating it just to see what the structure is like.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Latest posts

Latest posts