What's new

Maria's Subtropical Outdoor Guerilla Grows with Connoisseur Genetics (Perpetual Journal)

ilovegrowing

This is one of my favourite growlogs atm. I love it so much!
The bats, the tropical vibe, the plants, the genetics, the great place for guerilla, the streetart in the back! So nice! Thank you very much! ❤️😎❤️

All the best for the storm. My tip would also be something like strings supporting all four directions from pot to the mainstem. So every direction has an emergency support, and heavy stuff on the pots. But typhoons and hurricanes are out of my usual european weather forecast, seems like they have to deal with lot of raw power here. Good luck!! 🍀👍

Maria Sanchez

This is one of my favourite growlogs atm. I love it so much!
The bats, the tropical vibe, the plants, the genetics, the great place for guerilla, the streetart in the back! So nice! Thank you very much! ❤️😎❤️

Hey there @ilovegrowing !
Glad you could stop by the Haze Hacienda.
I'd offer you a chair, but maybe not in this weather, haha!
:LOL:

All the best for the storm. My tip would also be something like strings supporting all four directions from pot to the mainstem. So every direction has an emergency support, and heavy stuff on the pots. But typhoons and hurricanes are out of my usual european weather forecast, seems like they have to deal with lot of raw power here. Good luck!! 🍀👍

The ideal would be a big net.
Enough to hold everything in place, but giving some flexibility in movement, covering the whole thing.
Strings in all four directions more easily leads to snapping at that point in my experience.
Only the 'tall' pheno Grail x ThaiFrican has a tie directly on her main stem, still giving her some movement.
I don't mind if they move back and forth, these plants are very strong and flexible.

Send your happy healthy vibes to these girls, please!
🙏🙏🙏

Maria Sanchez

For the record:

Super Silver Sour Thai Neville X ThaiFrican:

((Swiss Thai x NH) x SSSDH rev) X (((Hempy Thai x NH21) x NH36 rev) x (NH23 x Kariba))

--> Mostly various Neville's Haze (43.75%) with a chunk of SSSDH (25%), two different Thai (Swiss and Hempy's) (18.75%), and some Zimbabwean Kariba (12.5%).

((Neville's Haze 18 x Mullumbimby Madness) x (Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness Long)) X ThaiFrican:

((NH18 x MM) x (NH21 x MM)) X (((Hempy Thai x NH21) x NH36 rev) x (NH23 x Kariba))

--> Mostly Neville's Haze (56.25%), with a fair amount of Mullumbimby Madness (25%), a bit of Hempy's Thai (6.25%) and Zimbabwean Kariba (12.5%).

Kind of no wonder those SSSTN x ThaiFrican seed plants look all over the place, hahahaahaa!
The Grail x ThaiFricans are a bit more consistent, mostly NvHz plus Mullumbimby, with a twist.

Maria Sanchez

Wind is really kicking in now. And we've barely started.
The typhoon track has changed, will be quite a bit closer now, according to the forecast.
But almost no chance of getting to the site to do anything about that.
This might get ugly, but we'll have to wait a few days to actually find out...

Sri Sri Bhagavatyai!!

Maria Sanchez

Considerable damage, but hope is not lost.
REMEMBER: the typhoon hasn't even hit yet, these two days are just a warm up...

SSSTN has split off a couple of the big colas right at the base.
(Thought I took a pic of this brutality, but can't find it now.)
I've taped them, but they were very major splits, so might be lost.
And SSSTN lost a couple of smaller colas too.
Maybe lose 40%-60% if that taping doesn't mend those tops.
But the biggest top and another really big one are still there, plus many smaller!

Grail x ThaiFrican pot, the taller pheno has snapped her main stem, about half way up.
I did another tape job, plus supported her with those two re-bar stakes I had earlier.
(Photos below. Trigger warning: it's pretty bad!)
Taller pheno also lost a couple of smaller colas, too.
She still has at least two really nice big side colas below the break, so there's that.
The medium pheno is fine, just lost a couple of side colas, but her main stem is no problem.

Grail NLD pheno is pretty good on the whole.
Maybe bent a couple of colas, but the big ones are all fine.
I gave her a taping up down low, to prevent issue that SSSTN had.
((Part of the problem is the way the re-veg stems grew out for the Grail and the SSSTN girls.)

PXL_20241001_065157073.jpg

PXL_20241001_070219889.jpg

PXL_20241001_070223904.jpg

I managed to drag those big floppy 2m + tall plants and heavy pots inside.
There's like a lintel coming in, so I had to pick up that huge pot to get it indoors.
Workout for the day, for sure!

They're all having a little family huddle in the corner now.
SSSTN pot back left, Grail x ThaiFrican in front, Grail NLD on the right.

PXL_20241001_070229427.jpg

PXL_20241001_070238903.jpg

When I say 'inside' and 'indoors', remember, this place doesn't have doors or windows.
So the wind will still certainly whip inside and around this area.
But it's got to be ten times better / safer than out on that balcony, for sure.

While rescue mission was my focus, lifting the pots and taping up, I had those buds flopping around me.
These ladies are otherwise looking absolutely fantastic!
Worst comes to worst and I lose maybe half these girls, there is plenty left.
Original plan was for a couple of 3 foot tall ladies, pull in maybe 4+ oz, keeps me going a long time.
Lose half of these girls, and there's still probably a half lb there, hahahaaaa!

Keeping it positive, my ICMag crew.
Keeping it positive!
Thanks for everyone's prayers and good wishes, you helped make it happen!
Love you all!
🙏❤️🙏

So glad I managed to make it in to do this.
Typhoon really hits these next few days.

❤️❤️❤️
❤️
Namo Sri Sri Bhagavatyai!
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️❤️❤️

Latest posts

Latest posts