What's new

Maria's Subtropical Outdoor Guerilla Grows with Connoisseur Genetics (Perpetual Journal)

blondie

........”What's the "PR"? Punto Rojo?”......

Close, Punta Rosa .panama x columbian . Really liking this strain. It’s my morning go to with a cup of tea. Sets me correctly for the day. There is a member here doing a seed run with this strain.

....”Do you know the difference between the NH 21 and NH 18?”......

No I don’t. Some different genetics and I’m sure there endless debates about this topic.

...”The first Holy Grail project regs in my grow are (NH18 x MM) x (NH21 x MM), so while it's a kind of NH x MM F2, it's a bit different because (I'm assuming) the NH18 and NH21 are sisters. (Are they?)”....

Honestly.. not sure if they are closely related. I’m going to guess they both have columbian genetics and after that not sure the relationship. I assume you are correct, somehow closely related.

.......”Yours is, what .... ?
(Killer Malawi x A5Hz) x (NH21 x MM) <-- is that right?
Where does the Thai come into it? Is it ThaiA5Hz and not just A5Hz?”.........

The theory is that the MM lineage is from Thailand . True or not I am not certain but I’m going with it. There are debates about this strain as well.

(Killer Malawi x A5 ) X (NH21 x MM) is correct parents of my cross I’ve got going right now. I crossed two different ka5h phenos with a mix of pollen from mm x hz21 male. I’ve got the slower flowering female mother seeds going now indoor. Yes it’s in the diary and I’ll tag you there soon. I wanted to recognize the Thai side, the Malawi side and the haze so Thai Mal Haze. TMH.. I’m hoping something good comes out of this cross.

...”These things get complicate pretty fast!”
Yes they do.

Glad to see your ph is correct.

Eltitoguay

Close, Punta Rosa .panama x columbian . Really liking this strain. It’s my morning go to with a cup of tea. Sets me correctly for the day. There is a member here doing a seed run with this strain.
(...)
""Punta Rosa", the CannaBioGen variety?

Maria Sanchez

I remember the lemon n lime being very sour leaning as I think the Casey was a sour hybrid as well,tall plants,wide leaves mainly,super loud but not the densest of nug structures so could be good for damper conditions,they went a fair while like 11/12 weeks as I think,but this was just one pack,bet there are some super killer Narrow leaf individuals to be found in the line,no doubt....and yes they would have been run on the usual 18/6-12/12 as was indoor

I think the Lemon n Lime Jones was the Casey Jones x SSSDH.
I'm saving mine for now, as I already have plenty to work with for this winter run,
but I can then have something different for my 2024 spring run.

Maria Sanchez

Woo, sounds tasty. Real Latina treat.

....”Do you know the difference between the NH 21 and NH 18?”......

No I don’t. Some different genetics and I’m sure there endless debates about this topic.

Haha, there are endless debates about everything if you're into that...
I don't think they can be that much different in the end.

...”The first Holy Grail project regs in my grow are (NH18 x MM) x (NH21 x MM), so while it's a kind of NH x MM F2, it's a bit different because (I'm assuming) the NH18 and NH21 are sisters. (Are they?)”....

Honestly.. not sure if they are closely related. I’m going to guess they both have columbian genetics and after that not sure the relationship. I assume you are correct, somehow closely related.

Okay.

.......”Yours is, what .... ?
(Killer Malawi x A5Hz) x (NH21 x MM) <-- is that right?
Where does the Thai come into it? Is it ThaiA5Hz and not just A5Hz?”.........

The theory is that the MM lineage is from Thailand . True or not I am not certain but I’m going with it. There are debates about this strain as well.

(Killer Malawi x A5 ) X (NH21 x MM) is correct parents of my cross I’ve got going right now. I crossed two different ka5h phenos with a mix of pollen from mm x hz21 male. I’ve got the slower flowering female mother seeds going now indoor. Yes it’s in the diary and I’ll tag you there soon. I wanted to recognize the Thai side, the Malawi side and the haze so Thai Mal Haze. TMH.. I’m hoping something good comes out of this cross.

...”These things get complicate pretty fast!”
Yes they do.

I would guess, without any other info, that the MM has Thai in it, or something else SE Asian.
It's not very far from northern Australia to Thailand, and the size and structure matches.
Please tag me!

Glad to see your ph is correct.

Yeah, that was a relief.
Thought I may have killed them in the first week!
Weather has been nice and quite sunny.
Strong winds, but to me it's good, strengthen up those stems to prepare for heavy colas, haha!

blondie

Hey. Have been enjoying your journal and grow for some more sativa inspiration.

Yes the cannabiogen Punta Rosa. I am thinking of running this strain again as I am enjoying so much.

Maria I taggged you over at my diary but here is the link if anyone is interested.

Maria Sanchez

Yes the cannabiogen Punta Rosa. I am thinking of running this strain again as I am enjoying so much.

Maria I taggged you over at my diary but here is the link if anyone is interested.

Will go and check it out, thanks!

Maria Sanchez

Hot day today. Hope the pots aren't too dry.
Some rain should come in tomorrow, which is timely.
Maybe more on Saturday, and the temps will drop down a bit below 25C.
The recent strong winds have eased off a bit, but will pick up again.

Sometimes it's fun to leave outdoor plants unattended for a while.
Then when you see them, you get the nice surprise of seeing how much they've grown.

Sound like abuela talking about nietos, hahaha!!!
"¿Mira cuánto has crecido?"

Eltitoguay

My handle / user name here is after my abuela, but I barely knew her in truth.
But papa always said she was a great gardener, so here I am....... :canabis:
IMG_20231020_092435.jpg

Maria Sanchez

Overcast and cloudy today.
Tempting to visit, see how their water levels are after Friday's rain.
But probably best to leave them and check after another day, or two, or three.
I know they'll have enough water for now.
But the real question is how long does it last after the rains.
And what effect the deep drip trays have on the smaller pots.
(No drip trays for either of the two bigger pots.)

Edit: As soon as I hit "Post," the wind whips up and misty rain sets in.
We're only at 400m altitude, but it gets strong winds around here.

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Day 12 -- from sprouting!

Weather was a bit wet and very windy over the weekend.
Had an opportunity to check on them, especially how they are doing for moisture with a very strong wind on cloth pots.

Building One:

4 X ThaiFrican (reg) = Outback Haze 2 clone x (Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba Male) (10-12 weeks)
In the biggest 20L pot:

PXL_20231024_062847901.jpg

As you can see, all four are alive and healthy.
One a little bigger with slightly wider leaflets, one quite small (and about to get shaded out!), and the other two in the middle.
Light green. Thinking of whether I need to add a little N to the mix. Probably not for now, but keep my eye on it.
This pot didn't need watering at all. It's a big pot, and gets far less direct wind due to it's sheltered location.

2 X Thai Madness (fem) = Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone x (NH21 x MML clone Reversed) (11-14 weeks?)
In a medium 10L pot:

PXL_20231024_063023133.jpg

These two both had crazy long skinny stems.
They've survived in the wind, but both were down low and the one of the left was touching the soil and looking not too great. I've propped her up with a little stick.
Didn't need any watering here. Maybe the glass water catcher idea has worked?

Building Two:

2 X Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil (fem) = Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone X SSSDH OJD cut Reversed (10-12 weeks?)
In a smaller 8L pot.

PXL_20231024_063305506.jpg

Was a bit more concerned about the moisture levels here.
They were okay, though I did add some water anyway.
The second one came though -- look at skinny that leaflet is!
But she may get shaded out by her big sister. Let's see...

4 X Grail Project NH18 x MM pheno 1 (reg) = (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male) (12-16 weeks)
In a 10L pot, actually, I think this must be about 15L. It also holds the moisture quite well.

PXL_20231024_063534645.jpg

All four are alive.
Two on the right are very nice, a touch light on the color.
The two on the left look to have had their first true leaves nibbled by some kind of bug.
It's not the giant snails -- or there wouldn't be anything left at all.
But the new leaves are fine so if they get stay safe for the next few days to a week that lower damage will be insignificant.
Was a bit worried about this location with the wind, as it is quite exposed.
But they seem fine for now.

All plants are still alive after their first week+ outside.
Though maybe 7 out of 12 are looking the healthiest.
May just let nature take it's course as to thinning and selection during seedling stage.

I notice that the ThaiFrican have taken best.
It may be because they went from small pots to big pots.
The other plants stayed in their little coco fiber seedling pots, and I think it takes the roots a little while to work through the coco and out into the soil of the new pots they're transplanted into. So they may be a little root-bound for a week or two. Will keep size down but not sure if I want that at this stage. Let's see what happens.

A few warm sunny days coming up, about 27C-30C during the day, low 20s at night.
More rain possibly at next weekend, and they will be fine until then.

Once they are out of baby-stage seedling growth and go into full vegetative growth, I think I will top up the soil in the pots along with some organic nutrients. Will be some balance of either 5-3-3 if they need more N (getting pale) or just 3-5-5 if their color is still okay. I may mix some of this soil soon, so that the organic amendments can interact with the soil for a while before they hit the pots.

Fun, fun, fun!

@ojd -- waddya think?!

Love and hugs,
~MJS
:love:

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Stopped in for an evening (already dark) check up.
Weather has been still quite warm again 30C plus winds means more transpiration.
Only the Thai Madness pot was a little light.
I should probably try to give this pot some mulch, but what to use exactly...?
But I still watered them all anyway.
The Thai Madness pair were also both upright, a little lean, but definitely upright.
So it looks like they're righted themselves, which I expected.
Otherwise they've all grown a little in the last two days.
I think their roots must be breaking through the little coco coir seedling pots.
So I expect some strong vegetative growth to come on soon.
Maybe some rain over the next 3-5 days, or least cooler and cloudier weather.
Then back up to 27C-30C and sunshine for the rest of next week.
All on course for now, hooray!