What's new

Diary Malawi x Northern Lights + Zamaldelica fem/autos

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
They look good and I am sure they will get you high, but a bit more nutrients in flower would have made a big diference. Or maybe bigger pots, so they get hungry a few weeks later than they did.
Nice fade, but maybe too much of it or too early is my feeling.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ya know I've got a hard-on for NL :) , so guess where _I_ think the thickness of the buds and the trichome coating come from. :cool:
Yup - seems about right - the NL is showing thru - the Zamaldelica's are taking longer to flower due to the sativa influence - and now the buds are gaining some weight -
2024-08-2906.21.596019162922870251438.jpg

2024-08-2906.22.553849157214063064143.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
They look good and I am sure they will get you high, but a bit more nutrients in flower would have made a big diference. Or maybe bigger pots, so they get hungry a few weeks later than they did.
Nice fade, but maybe too much of it or too early is my feeling.
Maybe next year I'll try adding nutes to the compost - I've managed to keep them below the eye line of anyone who might be overlooking my balcony this year again - had to pull over and tie down the Zamaldelica's - since they stretched alot - gave one away - and one other got bashed and had it's stalk broken in the recent heavy winds - but overall it looks like I'll end up with enough bud to last me thru Christmas 🎄 - which was my aim this year - a couple more weeks should see the Malawi x NL finished - and the Zamaldelica's soon after that - I expect -

toltschok

High there from Cologne,that is my Zamaldelica Auto right before Harvest,had to chop her because of Mold.We had a lot of Rain over here this Summer.Dry weight is about 150 Gramm and it was a Pleasure to grow this,THX Dubi and ACE.Smells like spicy Carrot and has a great High.Eight Weeks of Flowering.

Attachments

• IMG_20240804_133014.jpg
    IMG_20240804_133014.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20240804_132917.jpg
    IMG_20240804_132917.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
High there from Cologne,that is my Zamaldelica Auto right before Harvest,had to chop her because of Mold.We had a lot of Rain over here this Summer.Dry weight is about 150 Gramm and it was a Pleasure to grow this,THX Dubi and ACE.Smells like spicy Carrot and has a great High.Eight Weeks of Flowering.
2024-08-3007.01.33649332120225285133.jpg

Looks very similar to one of my Auto Zamaldelica's - just needs to flower 🌼 - for a bit longer - no mould up on the balcony - due to lots of breezes/wind -

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You can be proud of your first outdoor harvest in a long time @Gypsy Nirvana :smoke: i'm happy to see you harvesting some ACE genetics there, with Auto Malawi x NLs already ripening by late August already, and plants and gardener enjoying this season quite favourable July-August days.

The Auto Zamaldelica of bigger size and longer flowering is showing lots of good sativa dom influence, and may need 2-3 weeks more to finish.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You can be proud of your first outdoor harvest in a long time @Gypsy Nirvana :smoke: i'm happy to see you harvesting some ACE genetics there, with Auto Malawi x NLs already ripening by late August already, and plants and gardener enjoying this season quite favourable July-August days.

The Auto Zamaldelica of bigger size and longer flowering is showing lots of good sativa dom influence, and may need 2-3 weeks more to finish.
Sadly dubi - I've had to prematurely harvest some of the Zamaldelica's and Malawi x NL - due to mould - spotted it yesterday on the backside of one of the colas - and this morning on one of the sat/dom Zamaldelica's - had alot of wet weather lately - and more forecast 😳 - so I think it's best to take all of the plants down now -

- I've been growing on this balcony for many years now - but never seen any mould -

CharlesU Farley

Sadly dubi - I've had to prematurely harvest some of the Zamaldelica's and Malawi x NL - due to mould - spotted it yesterday on the backside of one of the colas - and this morning on one of the sat/dom Zamaldelica's - had alot of wet weather lately - and more forecast 😳 - so I think it's best to take all of the plants down now -

- I've been growing on this balcony for many years now - but never seen any mould -
I never had a problem with botrytis until I started growing in tents down in the basement. Here's how I've learned to deal with it. As usual, it's a lot to read but you can scroll down about halfway through and see the solution for me:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I never had a problem with botrytis until I started growing in tents down in the basement. Here's how I've learned to deal with it. As usual, it's a lot to read but you can scroll down about halfway through and see the solution for me:

Well - I didn't harvest them all - chopped the top of the prettiest Zamaldelica off - because it was starting to get all grey and furry with mould - and still have 4 plants growing - but I'm thinking it's best to take them down real soon - to avoid any more mouldiness -

I've always harvested around mid September anyway - the forecast is for more damp/wetness - so I'll take my chances - with the bud I've managed to grow this season - and over the next day or two - will take them down - since it looks like there is enough bud to last me thru Christmas - 🎄 - Ho-Ho-Ho!

Thanks for the botrytis link - I might consider that for next year -
Below is (what once was) a beautiful Zamaldelica - till she got her head cut off - lots of plump buds on the rest of the plant -

2024-09-0917.50.045151558955558992695.jpg

CharlesU Farley

Well - I didn't harvest them all - chopped the top of the prettiest Zamaldelica off - because it was starting to get all grey and furry with mould - and still have 4 plants growing - but I'm thinking it's best to take them down real soon - to avoid any more mouldiness -

I've always harvested around mid September anyway - the forecast is for more damp/wetness - so I'll take my chances - with the bud I've managed to grow this season - and over the next day or two - will take them down - since it looks like there is enough bud to last me thru Christmas - 🎄 - Ho-Ho-Ho!

Thanks for the botrytis link - I might consider that for next year -
Below is (what once was) a beautiful Zamaldelica - till she got her head cut off - lots of plump buds on the rest of the plant -

View attachment 19063204
Prevention is the key. :) After you see it, it's too late. :(

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Prevention is the key. :) After you see it, it's too late. :(
Yup - that's true - so best to cash in my chips - go to trim jail for a while - dry and possibly cure what bounty the weather and luck has allowed me to have this year -

l'm satisfied looking at the results already - 😀 - and have already toked on some of the dried 'erb from harvesting a runt Malawi x NL - that suffered thru an awkward childhood - in a small pot - which has been getting me nicely toasted the past few days 😀 -

kro-magnon

Veteran
That's really cool to be able to grow some buds on your small balcony in the heart of a big city, and that's some exotic genetics with zamal or african genes. I'm sure if someone had told you in the 80's you could one day grow some sativas hybrids on your balcony in the UK you would have call him o_Ocrazy. The cannabis became much more versatile and I think there is some option for anyone, anywhere now.
Sorry for the mold attack, it's always heartbreaking to throw in the bin the most beautiful part of the plants, because it's most of the time in the biggest buds of course. But the feeling of harvesting your own buds is too good to be bothered by a bit of mold(I hope it was just a bit) When was your last harvest before those plants?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
That's really cool to be able to grow some buds on your small balcony in the heart of a big city, and that's some exotic genetics with zamal or african genes. I'm sure if someone had told you in the 80's you could one day grow some sativas hybrids on your balcony in the UK you would have call him o_Ocrazy. The cannabis became much more versatile and I think there is some option for anyone, anywhere now.
Sorry for the mold attack, it's always heartbreaking to throw in the bin the most beautiful part of the plants, because it's most of the time in the biggest buds of course. But the feeling of harvesting your own buds is too good to be bothered by a bit of mold(I hope it was just a bit) When was your last harvest before those plants?
Last year I had a harvest of less plants than this year's bounty - and for 4 years prior to that I've been growing on my balcony -

- 30 years ago I started growing indoors here in rock wool slabs and NFT coffins - Canna nutes - under HPS and MH lights - but with a young family and wife these past years - so lack of space - my growing efforts have been relegated to the balcony with auto/fems - and I have been pleasantly surprised by the results - auto/fems take the guess work out of worrying if you will harvest anything - and the electricity/growing costs are minimal to zero -

- You are kinda dependant on the weather if you grow outside - but even thru a mostly wet and windy summer - with few really sunny 🌞 days - I've managed to get a crop in - that'll last me for a while - so job done - <smiles>

Ideally it would be nice to be able to finish the Zamaldelica's and the Malawi x NL under more full sunshine in more time - to be able to show a better representation of the plants 🪴 - but I'll take what I can get/grow - sure does look like good 'erb to me -
2024-09-1012.19.04847000492587330140.jpg

2024-09-1012.20.099083392157668685769.jpg

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
I'm on the same parallel as you but different country.

Outdoors I grow a mixture of both auto's and photos. I tend to start my auto's earlier then you as I aim to have them finished around mid August to the end August. Just to avoid this September weather ruining my crop.

Maybe you do the same other years and start your auto's earlier. As you might have had personal reasons this year to start them later.

Auto's for me -started at the right time to have them finished mid/end August- are a way to have the biggest chance of having a harvest in my parts. Photos are definitely a gamble with not much of a success rate. But I try anyway.

Unfortunately many people still look down on auto's but I find those people to be ignorant. It's like someone else posted, auto's make it possible on these more northern parallels to have a successful outdoor harvest as you can aim the finish date. Growing full Sativas on a balcony in the middle of London is not a myth but a fact. You have done it and I have done it. And I did it this year too the same as you. Lol

And to bust some myths: no auto's aren't less powerful, they're just smaller and start flowering at a specific age and not because of the hours of light. Auto's can seriously kick your butt. Don't belief me? Then try it for yourself. Yield isn't an issue too because you can always put more plants...

Cheers

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm on the same parallel as you but different country.

Outdoors I grow a mixture of both auto's and photos. I tend to start my auto's earlier then you as I aim to have them finished around mid August to the end August. Just to avoid this September weather ruining my crop.

Maybe you do the same other years and start your auto's earlier. As you might have had personal reasons this year to start them later.

Auto's for me -started at the right time to have them finished mid/end August- are a way to have the biggest chance of having a harvest in my parts. Photos are definitely a gamble with not much of a success rate. But I try anyway.

Unfortunately many people still look down on auto's but I find those people to be ignorant. It's like someone else posted, auto's make it possible on these more northern parallels to have a successful outdoor harvest as you can aim the finish date. Growing full Sativas on a balcony in the middle of London is not a myth but a fact. You have done it and I have done it. And I did it this year too the same as you. Lol

And to bust some myths: no auto's aren't less powerful, they're just smaller and start flowering at a specific age and not because of the hours of light. Auto's can seriously kick your butt. Don't belief me? Then try it for yourself. Yield isn't an issue too because you can always put more plants...

Cheers
Yes - this year I had open heart surgery in mid April - when I would usually start growing seedlings 🌱 - but had to delay things for a month or so - pushing the start of the flowering period into July - so later than usual Cvh - and the 'erb I'm producing is quite potent - auto/fems are a godsend for me - much less troublesome than having to weed out males - and wait till later in the season before they might flower - if I was growing regular m/f seeds -

- plus I have to keep the plants smaller for security reasons - so I'm happy if I can achive 30 dried grams of bud per plant 🪴 - sativa or indica or hybrid - if its an auto the plants will finish earlier - so avoiding the traditionally cold and wet month of September - -