What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Baba Karuna

Nice brother its true what you said about paranoia mainly coming from uncured buds.
That might be another good reason that the old cultures cured their ganja hey?
I assume that it is one of the many reasons they cured herb. In traditional herbalism many plants are supposed to be processed or fermented in order to negate certain negative effects especially when used medicinally or spiritually 🙏🏼

Green Zenit

Hallo! After reading for a few weeks and enjoying, laughing alone to some of @Tangwena hilarious post and anecdotes.
Finally get to start my own Cob with a sativa leaning haze cross.
Everything made a click in my head like the missing puzzle piece once I started to dig into this amazing thread, since in my younger days Smoked a lot of Punto rojo, land races sativas
IMG_5809.jpeg
and what we call peruvian Skunk. Many many times had this wonderful cure from the press transportation. Not really when bricked too hard but when just stuffed in a bag. Golden colour, and soft soft smoke that the high would last all day!
Looking forward and thanks to everyone contributing and sharing they experience!

ost

Hallo! After reading for a few weeks and enjoying, laughing alone to some of @Tangwena hilarious post and anecdotes.
Everything made a click in my head like the missing puzzle piece once I started to dig into this amazing thread, since in my younger days Smoked a lot of Punto rojo, land races sativas View attachment 19010065 and what we call peruvian Skunk. Many many times had this wonderful cure from the press transportation. Not really when bricked too hard but when just stuffed in a bag. Golden colour, and soft soft smoke that the high would last all day!
Looking forward and thanks to everyone contributing and sharing they experience!
@Green Zenit ,hang around would like to see your cob's, the colors look great!
Everything made a click in my head like the missing puzzle piece once I started to dig into this amazing thread, since in my younger days Smoked a lot of Punto rojo, land races sativas View attachment 19010065 and what we call peruvian Skunk. Many many times had this wonderful cure from the press transportation. Not really when bricked too hard but when just stuffed in a bag. Golden colour, and soft soft smoke that the high would last all day!
I will have cobs that will be 10 months old on 4th july this is going to be good !

gumzgi

im smokin on some cobs attemps that many of them have been neglected, this one was aged 5 months with a very little cure , im gettin so high from this shit and the smell/flavor that the smoke gives off from the joint blows my mind and I can't believe how exaggerated it can smell like skunk everywhere and the smell doesn't go away, it stinks constantly for a long time.. very different from normal dry bud

Tangwena

Veteran
Welcome to the new old world my friend what you remember is well cured weed that looks like its well on its way keep us updated please.
im smokin on some cobs attemps that many of them have been neglected, this one was aged 5 months with a very little cure , im gettin so high from this shit and the smell/flavor that the smoke gives off from the joint blows my mind and I can't believe how exaggerated it can smell like skunk everywhere and the smell doesn't go away, it stinks constantly for a long time.. very different from normal dry bud
Sounds like a perfect cure brother I love those funky smelling cobs just makes me want more and more well done.

Tangwena

Veteran
Talking of funky cobs I opened a bag I sealed up about 2 weeks ago of some Mulanje.
I had dried it for 4 days in the shade on some warm slightly humid days that produced a nice slow dry.
When I opened the bag I got a huge whiff of sweet pine and lime with a deep fermented bachground.
One of my best so far I will allow it to dry a bit more but slowly and then reseal it again to age.
This was all green when it went into the bag.

IMG_3691.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

Green Zenit

Talking of funky cobs I opened a bag I sealed up about 2 weeks ago of some Mulanje.
I had dried it for 4 days in the shade on some warm slightly humid days that produced a nice slow dry.
When I opened the bag I got a huge whiff of sweet pine and lime with a deep fermented bachground.
One of my best so far I will allow it to dry a bit more but slowly and then reseal it again to age.
This was all green when it went into the bag.

View attachment 19010993

View attachment 19010995
Thanks a lot mate! Got some malawi x panama and golden tiger to play in the winter and cob the fuk out of them 😆.

Is Mulanje also from the malawi area right?
Sorry if you answered that before but never heard of that “strain” in the past. Looks beautifully dangerous congratz!

Tangwena

Veteran
That's one beautiful looking plant there brother, she looks amazing! And as for that cob... strap in, she's going to be a good one I think! :)
The smell from the bag is pure heaven.
I just know the aging will bring out the ultra euphoric trippy high ha ha.
Still a long way to go but when I get these strong terpy aromas this early I just know its going to age well.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks a lot mate! Got some malawi x panama and golden tiger to play in the winter and cob the fuk out of them 😆.

Is Mulanje also from the malawi area right?
Sorry if you answered that before but never heard of that “strain” in the past. Looks beautifully dangerous congratz!
Yes its from the Mount Mulanje area of Malawi a bit more chunky type buds than the stuff from the North of the country.
The further south you get the bigger callyx types become more common.
The high is more euphoric than the more well known Malawi Gold from the north of the country which can be extremely speedy and very trippy if cured right.

CDNINCA

Hi all,
This might be old information for most there, but for those who are entering the fray I ran across this article that I found interesting. Thought I'd share! There's always more for me to learn... Cheers!

oldmaninbc

I lived on a beef ranch and we would make silage for the cattle. In making silage your taking corn covered in molasses that is kept in long trenches covered with tarps, where it sits and undergoes anaerobic fermentation. The fermentation process makes the silage easier to digest in the rumen and the silage nutrients easier to assimilate.

Tangwena

Veteran
Been tripping balls today and yesterday after checking on some Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian cobs now 6 months old its real numb face kind of high easy to just let go.
img_3720-web.jpg
img_3722-web.jpg
img_3723c-web.jpg
img_3723-web.jpg

Covered in crystals its like window pane acid to my mind ha ha. Tripping in every sense of the word love it.

Then some 2 week cured ready for aging.
I hit about 1/10th of a gram very terpy as you would expect but no stone at all just sweet bliss ha ha.
I have a few seedlings growing from the same seeds cant wait to play with them.
Its slightly skunky on top of the Mulanje smell it so nice I love the aroma already.

img_3725-web.jpg
img_3724-web.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
12 months aged from 5/23 rip your face off high.
I've had a mixture of CG x DL and green large calyx pheno of Mulanje Gold.
They were both drier cures especially the Mulanje it was dry enough to smoke when I sealed it up.
Mulanje Gold sweet pine and hashish smell.
img_3729-web.jpg
img_3730-web.jpg
img_3731-web.jpg
IMG_3738-web.jpg
img_3734-web.jpg

Last cob is CG x DL (colombian x Haze mix)