What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

CDNINCA

For me it is remove the stem,leave the sugar leaves on the cob,and pay close attention to larger cobs to get proper cure!
Ditto what @ost says, I'd remove the larger stems as they can hold a lot of moisture that might promote cause slower/ drying/curing and maybe promote mold. I know, it's tempting just to cob the giant cola!! I usually break mine down into smaller "bud-lets" (if that is the proper term...) and remove even the more moderate sized stems. It's just a personal preference as far as I can tell as to how much stem you remove, but that seems to work really well for me. I'm sure others will chime in here with their thoughts and approach, cheers!

Baba Karuna

I agree with @ost and @CDNINCA

I cut all the major stems out and make sure to retain as much trichome covered plant matter. I have been making some very large cobs (multiple ounces) lately as it saves me time because I have so much to harvest 😆 (my wife told me not to grow so much because this is so time consuming 😆). But I make sure to cut everything into small pieces so that it meshes well when pressed, I feel that large stems can get in the way of that especially since I like to con entire plants and I make sure to mix the buds from all over the plant throughly. 😊

🪷Om Kürmmāya Namah🪷

Tangwena

Veteran
Ditto all above my friend remove large stems and I personally leave all sugar leaves intact as once its all cured and aged it becomes one solid mass of goodness.
Keep us posted and we can guide you so that you can get a great finish.
Good quality pictures well focused make that job a lot easier as well.