What's new

Malawi Feminized, Green Haze Thai, and Lebanese

inquest

Scai, silver blocks the action of ethylene by binding to it and therefore they cannot form female flowers or drop leaves. I'm not too sure what all GA3 will do to or for the plant as it is a hormone itself. Adding hormones to lifeforms usually produces serious side effects. Think distended abdomens from HGH and bitch titties from Deca or other steriods. Not to mention tumors, odd cell growths, etc. If it has been shown to be benign it might be worth a look, but I am ignorant of such info....

Malawi, browned out pistils:
picture.php

She's pumping out some sickly sweet trichs!!!
picture.php

Heat stress on a HazeThai:
picture.php

Trying to get the temps down and stabilize them:
picture.php

I need a portable AC unit..... Central air + outside temp swings are screwing me over... oh well. Next time around.

inquest

lol, 3 hrs later temps were 78F... :( The central air dumps into that room mostly but since the outside and house temps swing through the day it's very tough to keep constaint temp in there. I'd prefer to use the central air to buffer house temps and a portable AC to control just that room. Currently, I freeze and the plants are comfy or I'm comfy and the plants roast.

Ise

wow, you can barely see the green in the calyxes, I had no idea malawi was that frosty.

Nice job inquest & dubi

Phenomenal grow and good on you for showcasing such exquisite genes for all to see. May originality continue to triumph and reign the market :D

inquest

Malawi, reversed branch:
picture.php

Malawi, second clone doing well.
picture.php

GHT6 resin.
picture.php

GHT6/Lebanese. Cant wait to see how she stacks up against her mother!
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Impressed as well with Green Haze Thai resins :)

Is the last pic the pure lebanese seeded with Green haze thai pollen or is Green Haze Thai/Lebanese F1 hybrid ?

inquest

High Dubi and UHN!

The last pic is GHT/Leb hybrid. 12/12 from seed in a 5gal bucket. She reached about 24 inches (60cm). Smelled of haze with Leb skunk/funk coming on as she aged. Top was hit with Malawi pollen, bottom with GHT pollen. I sampled her last week and was not impressed.... :( Both Haze and Leb parents were much stronger. She is culled. I may try a few more seeds of this cross..... We'll see...

I pulled the glass from my HQI pendant a few weeks ago (puts out much more UVB). The Malawi girl has really ambered up and has sun bleached leaves/bracts. Plus, she's more mature than the previous clone....
picture.php

A friend (familiar with the first Malawi clone) sampled her yesterday, said very potent. ;)

I hit my strongest haze and my largest Luang Prabang with her pollen. Hoping for good things from that!!! lol I just wish that particular Luang wasn't so damn SLOOOOOOW!!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello inquest!

Im not familiarized with the lebanese you are growing, the leb lines i have experienced were sativa landraces with auto flowering traits, a bit like moroccan plants in behavior but with different leaf traits.

It's difficult to cross a pure haze and not achieve higher potency than the parental plants, guess the malawi will work great for this task, she always adds lots of potency to the crosses and i have the feeling a good haze x resinous malawi is a great way to go.

inquest

Dubi, do you think Haze crosses, your Haze/thai to be exact, would/should gain strength in most crosses like a pure haze would?? Also, I only had one specimen to judge, so maybe another would have been better.... It was very relaxing, good smoke. Just not more potent than the parents....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello inquest,

The haze thais are better yielding and stronger than pure hazes.

If the haze thai x lebanese was not a big improvement then i would consider to use other indica lines for hybrids (pakistan chitral kush or a good afghani wil do, or any fast flowering and potent modern hybrid in the 50-60 day flowering time range).

Good luck!

inquest

Three Malawi x Luangs topped very hard.
picture.php

Only one threw more limbs. Pushed them out from her cotyledons. She's about three months old, 10/14 from seed, about 10" tall, and just now showing a little more than preflowers. And she grew up into her light bulb.
picture.php

Her parents:
Luang:
picture.php

Malawi:
picture.php

inquest

Three Malawi x Lebanese. The one on the left is recovering from a crushed stem. Two had much longer internodes than their sister. The shorty also has the most powerul aroma.
picture.php

Close up of internodes:
picture.php

They are about two months old.