What's new

m-39 is it still around?

MyGreenToe

I thought I should share these images to end any questions of m39's makeup or origins, and that indeed, William's Wonder is a seperate strain entirely. These are pages from 2 different SSSC catalogs.

One of my first experiences with properly grown, flushed, dried, and cured bud was of M39 purchased from SSSC. It was excellent quality herb. Light fruity tones and and wonderful smooth smoke. The beasters rolling out of canada by the kilo may be of the same lineage, but there is just no comparison to what I had. It was great smoke, I would rate it a solid 7.5, even after the hundreds of strains I've tried since. It doesn't deserve the low opinion some people have of it, at all!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
love the vintage catalog ... m-39 doese't even resemble the original anymore.....now its rock hard cone shaped buds with no flavor....i remember smoking m-39 in 95 and that shit was bomb not the stuff being pumped out by the truck load today.......love this thread puprised there's not more hits on it..

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
the way it was grown has alot to do with flavor

ive grown m39 both "commercial" style and orcanicly, and must say there is a huge difference even when using the same cutting, when grown organicly with out the "push it to the limits" style there is a nice hashy skunky undertones with a nice floral bouquet

when "pushed to the limit" it becomes like any other commercial beasters, excessive feeding, no flush, no taste...ect...great bag apeal though...

so like i was saying its all in the way it was grown....

B

Beerdo

The China Bud ,M39, Beaster bud has been coming around these parts for easy 12-13 years. It's never been great. Often times they try to pass it off washed. Frigging hosers. :cuss:
Its so bad me and most of my buddies that know better wont ever smoke that shit. I've had to act like a snob on more than one occasion passing up that junk.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
i gotta agree with joe its very tasty herb when done correctly...but pre mature unflushed product just sucks

S

SexInTheCity

Interesting thread, very good read...it's quite ovious the grower relects the inished product.....;-)

REZDOG

Veteran
<has had a REAL 1980's SSSC Skunk1/Badic5 ("m39")P1Mom for years & years.
Expect several killer new M39 hybrids from DGS' & Reservoir this year, including M39 x (P)G13(bx) ;)

BlueMicrodot

M39 was in rotation at the old seedswapclub like 7-8 years ago so i guess Rezdog is sitting on proper M39 not something that someone fail ass fake breeder call M39 because there is a demand for them beans.

REZDOG

Veteran
M39 was in rotation at the old seedswapclub like 7-8 years ago so i guess Rezdog is sitting on proper M39 not something that someone fail ass fake breeder call M39 because there is a demand for them beans.

I was a member of the Seed Swap Club back in The Day....
Good times. :)

I've had the Skunk#1/Basic5 Clone forever it seems....
Great stuff. :)

BlueMicrodot

I was a member of the Seed Swap Club back in The Day....
Good times. :)

I've had the Skunk#1/Basic5 Clone forever it seems....
Great stuff. :)

Yes i was also a member, we did 2 swaps or something cant recall what strains ive never had so many varieties going at the same time as back then, like 20 at most:greenstars:
Those where good days, it would be very hard to run a similar seed swap operation today.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
ok...folkz.............guess the line starts hear.........for the M-39 release REZ..........speakes of............M-39 x G13.............
A.K.A. GONZO #3

ok....single file please..............it'z gonna be a 90+ day wait.......
BUT....why not.........the line startz behind me..............:bat:

Croissant

yeah haha in quebec you can find m39 just go to parc mount royal and ask. It smells very spicey and hashy. The high is a kind of a dumb red eye stone it could be potent if grown right i am sure, but an enjoyable high? not imo.

ineedthesauce

Hey there everyone,

Is anyone on here still looking for the real deal old school M-39 seeds/strain?

I was told a LONG time ago (many years back - when M-39 was first considered to be one of, if not the biggest yielding strain(s)), that M-39 was a cross of the original Skunk#1 with the original Northern Lights#5 - which I always agreed with more-less, as the taste & smell always really reminded of a nice balance between the skunk#1's taste & smell combined with the taste & smell of the NL#5 (with the buds definitely resembling the look of the NL).

But, I have also heard from someone I trust that the M-39 was a cross of the Basic#5 with the Skunk#1 - like BreederBrad2 mentioned above.

Either way, all I know is that it was ALWAYS a consistently BIG yielding plant. Plus, the finished buds were always real potent - and I am definitely not no newbie.... I've smoked more strains than i can even come close to remembering lol.
I'm sure now-a-days there are some strains out there with just as big a yield & just as potent - probably even stronger....
But, the M-39 has always been a favorite of mine (and is a great strain to play around with, making crosses etc.).

Anyway, let me know if anyone is looking for seeds & I may be able to help you locate some....

Quick question guys - do you all know what the best strain is now for yield & potency? What are some of your favorites? The bigger the yield, the more potent the strain is & the quicker it finishes, the better....
can you still get these seeds ??