What's new

Lucas GH2part vs Maxibloom (Afgoo 1600w)

noteron

Coco + MaxiBloom in smart pots or hempy buckets rock. Im currenty growing several strains (purple afgoo, trpl og, louis XIII, Sarah Palin, Snoop's Kush ect..) in hempy buckets that are on day 40 of flowering. I can tell you that LST'ing them is not really needed because they dont stretch much. Its hard to beat the K.I.S.S method as well, especially if you live in the states. If I can ever figure out how to post pics from my phone I will post some pics of my garden.

EVLME2 - your the man! great idea, seen the shop vacs aren't too expensive, could def come in handy i will most likely be picking one up here soon, thanks for the heads up on the broom idea as well. stay safe down in the sunshine state, i lived in winterpark for yrs, and learned how to grow there, i miss it at times.

jescowhite - thanks for the advice, im trying to keep my humidity down is a reason i want to remove the water from the saucers...powdery mildew can be a real issue in these parts.

Noteron - would love to see those pics those strains sound cool as hell...
def gonna switch to smart pots or hempy buckets next go around, i know these
afgoos wont stretch in fact the stay pretty short and bushy which is why im trying the LST to get more light into the center of the plant and create more tops and less shaded area ;)

The ring around the stem makes me think you need to let the coco dry a little more between watering.

you are correct, thank you, what i believe this is known as is damping off and if not taken care of can be FATAL!

so i've cut my watering from 2x a day to just once a day i may go back to 2 x a day with less water each time, but for now its once in the morning.

i am also running the dehumidifier at about 30-35%rh in the room
which from what i understand low humidity they will feed more,
which works well for me cause PM has been a real issue around here
and i have notice a small spot on one leaf already which frustrates me.
but i sprayed with serenade(which is also good for the damping off if its caused by a pythium and not just humidity on soil level) and will be looking in to some other things to switch it up with.

plants look happy and seem to be growing at a decent rate so no major problems as of now.

T5.

some pics of the white stuff around the base of the stems:
DSC00279.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

so i think this may have been damping off, or perhaps just salt built up?
i scratched it off with my nail it was kind of powdery and all came off...
powdery mildew maybe?
any ideas?
this doesn't seem like a major issue cause the plants seem very happy otherwise,
i stopped feeding them at night for two days i will start feeding 2x a day again tonight...

so on to the modifications i've made to my grow today
i lowered my lights and changed the airflow from blowing to sucking
i figure this will work better for temp control and just more efficient, i wont lose air thru cracks and holes...
also with moving the lights down i moved the plants a bit closer together and put up a net...
DSC00286.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

so i will be feeding a more precise amount till i get my blumats goin, in a week or two,
and will probably veg till next weekend instead of flipping now, i feel this can only be good.

im baked and got some crazy desert in the kitchen so i gtg talk to you guys soon...

peace!

E

emerald city

Nice grow...Im setting up a chair to watch the progress....
My advice on the P.M is this,Dont F around,kill it forever with..eagle.. [thanx crunchy b]
good luck

noteron

TRUESCIENCE- I will post some pics of my grow as soon as i figure out how to post pics. Sorry Im a forum newb. The white residue looks more like left over cloning gel/powder to me. I have the same thing on many of my plants and I too thought it was PM until I realized it was from the clonex gel.

day 1 of flower was friday, today would be day 4, nothing too exciting just a photo update
the pics are from friday...seen a couple small spots of powdery mildew, pulled those leaves and sprayed with serenade, im interested in this eagle20 product vie heard about but they don't sell it in CA...
also ordered my blumats yesterday hope they get here by the end of the week maybe start of next.
gotta say im happy with all the tops i got from LST, looking fwd to the next few wks.
DSC00294.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

see y'all soon
stay cool icmaggers

REZDOG

Veteran
Fwiw,Your Mg lockout will go away if you reduce to 1x feeding a day and keep your pH runoff @ 5.8.
At 2x/day,you're over-feeding in coco anyway,unless you're running @ 100f.

REZ- thanks for checkin out my grow.
im having a mg lockout? how can you tell?
i forgot to mention i have been feeding 1x a day since they have been in flower,
mainly cause theres runoff in the saucer and i have had a hard time being home before the lights go out.
so with watering once a day and suggesting there is a mg lockout, would u reccomend adding epsom to their diet?

Thanks
T5

REZDOG

Veteran
Leaf curl = Mg deficiency in your case.
Just get your pH ]exactly in line & it'll sort by itself.
Coco is fine being fed 1x/day,no need to over-do it-
And don't let 'em sit in runoff,it's unhealthy.

REZ - Thanks for the heads up, i been phing @ 5.8 tested daily prior to feeding...
generaly all the runoff is evaporated in a couple hrs...
should be a more even feeding when i get my blumats (hopefully soon).

do you keep airstones in ur res? i haven't been and haven't noticed any ill effects,
i remember reading somewhere that there not needed in this setup? is this correct?

thanks and much respect
T5.

Letting them sit in their run off is bad because of excess salts.

even for a few hrs? i try to water with minimal runoff but it would be rly difficult to remove, usually its gone before lights out even a few hrs before most of the time...is this rly an area i need to worry?

i dont wanna panic and go buy a wetdry shopvac if i don't have to.

thanks.

G

Guywithoutajeep

I don't think an airstone is entirely necessary, but lots of people use them just for the sake of keeping the water stirred up. You don't actually need the airstone, only a pump and tube. Don't let your plants sit in run off. That's practically illegal in the coco forum.

so for any length of time is no good?
how are y'all removing this runoff in bigger grows?
i got 20 plants and its gonna be a pain in my ass...

Green lung

Veteran
Just water a little bit everytime, I was doing the same thing and my roots were soggy and was causing problems, the coco should be wet but not soaked if that makes sense. when you water enough that water sits in the saucers its to much, I like to water enough that it soaks the coco but not so much that there is standing water. even if it for a short time its to much, becuase even though you see the that water is gone in the saucers, the coco at the bottom is still extremely soaked causing lock out issues and yield suffers greatly,

Yeah so basicly just cut back on the amount of water you water not the freqentcy

Latest posts

Latest posts