What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Louisville man arrested for marijuana operation

dddaver

Veteran
This goes out to all those that think things like this couldn't happen in this new, modern, enlightened age.

Louisville News
Louisville man arrested for marijuana operation

Posted: 01/06/2015, 07:00am | Marty Arneberg

Louisville police have arrested a man suspected of running a marijuana operation from his home. Police say Clint Cook had an elaborate operation complete with equipment and over 20 plants.
From wdrb.com:
According to the arrest report, when police arrived and were invited into the kitchen, they could immediately smell marijuana. Police say they asked Cook if he had marijuana in the home, and he told them he had some plants upstairs that he was growing — including a “mother plant” and several other plants.
Cook allegedly signed a consent form and then went upstairs to give the officers a tour of the grow operation.
Police say what they saw was an “elaborate marijuana operation that was complete with several ballasts, heats mats, mylar, ventilation and several other items that are indicative of marijuana cultivation.”

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, it IS still illegal in Kentucky. "enlightened" ? the majority of the citizens have come around, it is the politicians (most of them) that still have their heads up Mitch McConnells ass... I bet he has to shit in a swimming pool, he is so stretched out.:ying:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
........Police say what they saw was an “elaborate marijuana operation that was complete with several ballasts, heats mats, mylar, ventilation and several other items that are indicative of marijuana cultivation.”

Just read that article on Yahoo News....

What I don't understand is, why did he let them in? Why did he sign a search consent form?

Hmmm, good thing that the cops confiscated that mylar...
That stuff is really dangerous.....:biggrin: (I can't decide whether to laugh or cry)

Betterhaff

Veteran
This was also in that article.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

An Atlanta man was also busted for growing marijuana in his home after police seized 85 plants and shut down the illegal grow operation estimated to be worth more than $1 million.”<o:p></o:p>

How do 85 plants equate to a $1 million operation? You got to wonder how law enforcement (or the press) are able to come up with those kind of numbers. What the hell was he growing…gold.<o:p></o:p>

lolryn

Veteran
This was also in that article.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /--><o:p></o:p>

An Atlanta man was also busted for growing marijuana in his home after police seized 85 plants and shut down the illegal grow operation estimated to be worth more than $1 million.”<o:p></o:p>

How do 85 plants equate to a $1 million operation? You got to wonder how law enforcement (or the press) are able to come up with those kind of numbers. What the hell was he growing…gold.<o:p></o:p>

this is quite easy. They use the simple formula of

Plant weight + dirt weight + water weight + container weight day 65 of flower = ~30 pounds of cannabis.

30 pounds at street value =
Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
we got friends here on the site that are suffering life changing consequence for having a few plants in the wrong place at the wrong time

fucked up

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
There were only 20 plants and a couple thousand in equipment. I am shocked, shocked I say. Doesn't LEO have anything else to do?

N

noyd666

Just read that article on Yahoo News....

What I don't understand is, why did he let them in? Why did he sign a search consent form?

Hmmm, good thing that the cops confiscated that mylar...
That stuff is really dangerous.....:biggrin: (I can't decide whether to laugh or cry)
:biggrin:
I'm laughing bud, they have become a laughing stock here in court, yes sir judge !he had baggies! a light , panda, scales. people in court start laughing , cops must feel like real dicks which they are,lol. one big bad joke on us . bastards.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
im from ky and no they dont have nothing better to do..they are dicks and even if they find 1 or 2 plants here..im 4hrs from lousiville but if they find 1 or 2 plants they put it on the news like it was a huge find and drug bust..they need to be out busting meth heads and pill heads and leave the weed fellas along..for this reason right here i still choose to do mine guerilla style.. maybe one these days those dumb ass's in frankfort will come around

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
It reads like the cops were there for some other reason, sussed it out immediately with their noses. Duh. Probably when the guy opened the door. The cops likely offered that they could do it the easy way or the hard way... Cook chose the easy way, invited them in knowing he was already busted. How cooperative he may be as this unfolds remains to be seen.

I'm sure that the guy who sold him the coke has a sinking feeling right in the pit of his stomach.

dddaver

Veteran
Coke? Must be from another news story. Or my reading comprehension is even worse than I thought. :biggrin:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
It reads like the cops were there for some other reason, sussed it out immediately with their noses. Duh. Probably when the guy opened the door. The cops likely offered that they could do it the easy way or the hard way... Cook chose the easy way, invited them in knowing he was already busted. How cooperative he may be as this unfolds remains to be seen.

I'm sure that the guy who sold him the coke has a sinking feeling right in the pit of his stomach.

ya and here in this state all they would have to do was go to court and say they was there for another reason and smelled it even if they didnt have a warrent at the time they dont need it once they have proable cause..the common wealth state laws are so much differnt then other states..i think there is 6 commonwealth states out the 50..i agree with u on the guy who sold him the coke :biggrin:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Yea commonwealth is more like communistwealth they do what they want.

totally agree..they make the rules up as they go..i know of a friend that took to jail on a PI charge and because the judge didnt like him it being a small town and all his bond was set at 25,000$ full cash and he did 88 days on a max jail time of 90 days..insane shit!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do 85 plants equate to a $1 million operation? You got to wonder how law enforcement (or the press) are able to come up with those kind of numbers. What the hell was he growing…gold.
No, they elaborate and hype up prices.....

i dont understand how the fuzz can weigh wet bud which cant get you high because it hasnt been decarboxylized and use this evidencs in court.if a chemist or botanist was in the courtroom couldnt they argue that the pot they have as evidence is non-psycoactive if its not dryed properly.another thing by definition pot isnt a drug.a drug is something you have to produce like meth or tylenol.if someone had a ton of cash for an attorney is it possible to rebut what they say in court about weed if you had the right people on your side?why hasnt some rich celebrity whos been busted for pot try this.what the fuk paul mcartney.

St. Phatty

There were only 20 plants and a couple thousand in equipment. I am shocked, shocked I say. Doesn't LEO have anything else to do?

Jobs Creation Program for Cops.

Since the economy started contracting in 2008/09, they have been coming up with all sorts of make-work.

Jhhnn

Veteran
i dont understand how the fuzz can weigh wet bud which cant get you high because it hasnt been decarboxylized and use this evidencs in court.if a chemist or botanist was in the courtroom couldnt they argue that the pot they have as evidence is non-psycoactive if its not dryed properly.another thing by definition pot isnt a drug.a drug is something you have to produce like meth or tylenol.if someone had a ton of cash for an attorney is it possible to rebut what they say in court about weed if you had the right people on your side?why hasnt some rich celebrity whos been busted for pot try this.what the fuk paul mcartney.

Dunno about where you live, but the psychoactive properties of the vegetable matter used as evidence is immaterial in the US. Nebraska ditchweed (feral hemp formerly used to make rope) is the same rap as the finest drug varieties.

In court, facts about cannabis don't matter. It was never banned on the basis of that at all but rather because it could be for reasons entirely irrational, often overtly racist at the time. It was not the cultural phenomenon that it became in the 60's, at all, but rather an aspect of Black & Mexican culture to be suppressed so as to keep them in their place & prevent contamination of White culture. like this-

http://www.csdp.org/publicservice/anslinger.htm