What's new

Let's grow some Grandoggy Jones kids!

Veritas629

They are rather bushy with the big leaves and I'll definitely be defoliating a bit later this week.

Does anyone who has grown this, OJD or otherwise, know what the stretch will be like? I'm just considering when to flip the lights relative to my 1.8m (6') headroom.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are rather bushy with the big leaves and I'll definitely be defoliating a bit later this week.

Does anyone who has grown this, OJD or otherwise, know what the stretch will be like? I'm just considering when to flip the lights relative to my 1.8m (6') headroom.
The Casey Phenos can stretch for 2 even 3 weeks into flower , and the more squat Chemdog phenos not a great stretch around 7 days

Veritas629

Hey OJD, thanks for the info. I was thinking they might be leaning more towards indica Chemdawg / Purple Urkle than the sativa ESCD / Casey Jones. Your confirmation will be helpful here. My plan is to moderately defoliate while I spread the plants out with netting.

Out of simple curiosity, am I likely to get much purple in the leaves or buds? I haven't grown much in the purple realm, but I like what I have tried.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey OJD, thanks for the info. I was thinking they might be leaning more towards indica Chemdawg / Purple Urkle than the sativa ESCD / Casey Jones. Your confirmation will be helpful here. My plan is to moderately defoliate while I spread the plants out with netting.

Out of simple curiosity, am I likely to get much purple in the leaves or buds? I haven't grown much in the purple realm, but I like what I have tried.
This strain used the GDP no Urkle involved , and yes defo can get some purple phenos in leaves for sure and maybe some buds.
Taller phenos will be more Casey Jones leaning and short phenos more Grandoggy purps ( GDP X Chemdog) leaning.

From pics most look more Grandoggy leaning but that can change as it heads into flowering

Veritas629

This strain used the GDP no Urkle involved , and yes defo can get some purple phenos in leaves for sure and maybe some buds.
Taller phenos will be more Casey Jones leaning and short phenos more Grandoggy purps ( GDP X Chemdog) leaning.

From pics most look more Grandoggy leaning but that can change as it heads into flowering

Whoops, my Urkle reference was a stoned slip of the typed tongue!

Good to hear about the potential for some purple. I get great joy out of seeing my cannabis plants colour up during senescence. Reminds me of autumn colours growing up in Wisconsin. Kicking piles of leaves with a big silly golden retriever...

Veritas629

The plants went gonzo and I had to get topping, training, and flipping! It could be coincidental, but they got a growth spurt shortly after adding Epsom to correct the Mg deficiency. Regardless, we're two days into autumn and they're gulping water & nutes fast. I had to refresh the rez early, which hints at good things to come ...

20240829_171520.jpg

Maria Sanchez

The plants went gonzo and I had to get topping, training, and flipping! It could be coincidental, but they got a growth spurt shortly after adding Epsom to correct the Mg deficiency. Regardless, we're two days into autumn and they're gulping water & nutes fast. I had to refresh the rez early, which hints at good things to come ...

View attachment 19056474
Looking lush in this tent.
Good start before they hit flowering!

Veritas629

I've been amazed at how fast they stretched and had to turn down the lights to slow them. Last night, I changed reservoir over and found something interesting. The plants are going so well that the roots have grown out the bottom of the pots and are now in the reservoir living the DWC Life. Each pot has four drain holes and each drain is sending down 30-40cm worth of roots. The roots look healthy to me and probably because I have two big air-stones to ward off bad microbes. I'll take this as a sign the plants are happy and I'm doing a good job here!

Note: These pics are the roots I ripped out before I realized they were roots. At first, I thought the roots were some leaves & stems that fell into the reservoir and were decomposing. I won't be pulling anymore out, but I will keep some roots short to avoid the pump clogging.

20240909_180642.jpg

20240909_174358.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts