Seem happy enough
IMG_20240901_130514~2.jpg

Fingers crossed they stop growing soon.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Day 22

They are still stretching. I'm starting to think that these may have been the beans Jack swapped his cow for.
IMG_20240906_114358~2.jpg

IMG_20240906_114340~2.jpg

And the buds are still only at this stage
IMG_20240906_114454~2.jpg

So I'm seriously thinking of taking their heads off again. If I leave it much later, it'll start hitting the yield, if I don't do it at all, there's a risk of, well all sorts of things. I'm bending them twice a day, and they just pop back up again. Why are most terps hidden in sativas? Such a pain to grow.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 22

They are still stretching. I'm starting to think that these may have been the beans Jack swapped his cow for.
View attachment 19060961
View attachment 19060963

And the buds are still only at this stage
View attachment 19060964

So I'm seriously thinking of taking their heads off again. If I leave it much later, it'll start hitting the yield, if I don't do it at all, there's a risk of, well all sorts of things. I'm bending them twice a day, and they just pop back up again. Why are most terps hidden in sativas? Such a pain to grow.
Definitely don't take the heads off , just keep snapping the heads , and keep snapping until stretch stops, will be any day now as flowers are forming

GUY-FAWKES

Try doing this and/or get some string out and tie them over , I’m growing the same stuff now week 3 and she took some containing but with good training this can be used as an advantage. At a push you can snap the stems and tape them in position for a days and they’ll be fine .

This strain also caught me unaware as to ferocity to which she grows in veg and bloom. Esp the sssdh phenos .

Lowering N a bit also help .

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 20

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Both strains used to make the Lemon N Lime Jones (SSSDH and Casey Jones) are both some of the most Vigourous growing and strains ever for hybrids , so combined has created a beast.
If dialed in( clone run)this strain can produce incredible yields of Tasty and potent flowers , ( even not dialled in and worst run she will still yield good)
Yeah, to be honest, the advice I'd give anyone growing these in tents, is don't flower the seed plants, take cuts and flower while smallish. I suppose it really cuts down on veg time once you're up and running with the chosen clone.
These can grow fine in tents , but you did grow some big ass plants for a tent ? , when grown that big I advise to top a week before flower and stretch will be controlled to 2 foots colas.
I didn't even realise you was running them in tents as pics was in bathroom.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Neither the sssdh cross or the Casey Jones cross I have previously grown, were anything like these. Quite honestly I would argue with the statement these can be grown in tents. Not properly, not 3 of them in a 4x2.
They are still stretching. They've run right into the led fixtures, and been cut back, 3 times now. When does the night mare end?
I have to kill one of these off, then criss cross the stems, then work out some way to hold them up/down?

B and C smell of nothing but cut grass. A is starting to smell delicious. The sort that you sniff and say to yourself, this one, fingers crossed, might be worth the trouble. B is ever so slightly more controllable than A and C. Frankly, C is going to have to pull something out of its hat just to survive the week at this point. I still have a clone of it, but I think, at this point, A is going to be the winner of the first round. If it is nice, there may not be a second round. I think If it works out like that, then future A grows will be in a tent on it's own. These need space, lots of space. I'd highly recommend netting too. My next purchase.

GUY-FAWKES

Neither the sssdh cross or the Casey Jones cross I have previously grown, were anything like these. Quite honestly I would argue with the statement these can be grown in tents. Not properly, not 3 of them in a 4x2.
They are still stretching. They've run right into the led fixtures, and been cut back, 3 times now. When does the night mare end?
I have to kill one of these off, then criss cross the stems, then work out some way to hold them up/down?

B and C smell of nothing but cut grass. A is starting to smell delicious. The sort that you sniff and say to yourself, this one, fingers crossed, might be worth the trouble. B is ever so slightly more controllable than A and C. Frankly, C is going to have to pull something out of its hat just to survive the week at this point. I still have a clone of it, but I think, at this point, A is going to be the winner of the first round. If it is nice, there may not be a second round. I think If it works out like that, then future A grows will be in a tent on it's own. These need space, lots of space. I'd highly recommend netting too. My next purchase
Mines stopped and finally firmed up at week 4. 10in topped plants ended up 5ft.6 multi topped monsters!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
6.5 x stretch, wow. So week 4 is the crossing line to reach, let me do some quick maths, ok I'm on day 34 here. So in theory, if I crop them down to a level they won't burn at, I should be good with all 3 surviving. Or ditch C and just lean them over each others roots. Ok, I have 2 ways forward then now I've crossed the line. I'll choose on Friday. I do the work at the week ends. Week days are just fetching and carrying food and water for them. I'll grab picks of survivors then.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6.5 x stretch, wow. So week 4 is the crossing line to reach, let me do some quick maths, ok I'm on day 34 here. So in theory, if I crop them down to a level they won't burn at, I should be good with all 3 surviving. Or ditch C and just lean them over each others roots. Ok, I have 2 ways forward then now I've crossed the line. I'll choose on Friday. I do the work at the week ends. Week days are just fetching and carrying food and water for them. I'll grab picks of survivors then.
These plants are very good for Super cropping, you can keep doing that until stretch stops ?.

SSSDH is a wild ass Haze and Casey Jones is also a crazy vigorous growing and stretching strain.
Grow 2 Vigourous monsters combined and there won't be any less than a wild beast who needs training or flipping from clone if height is a serious issue ( still super cropping as usual if needed until stretch stops).

Like I said most use this advantage of insane vigor to achieve a huge yield ( Lemon N Lime Jones a monster yielder)

We grow Lemon N Lime Jones seed plant for 4 weeks topping all the way through veg every week or 2 and then super cropping into flower if need be.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
What's the flower time on these, as, well this is going to sound very extreme, but, I think I've chosen my favourite of the 3 already based on smell. And there's a beautiful clone of that one ready to go. I could scrap the messy 3 and start over with my nice one, give her a tent to herself, and do it properly. Or at 34 days, is it worth persevering to the end with the messy monsters?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clone can be from 8-10, seed can go to 12 weeks 1st run.

I wouldn't scrap the 3 at all , just finish them and pick your best from 3 once sampled , looks and smells can be deceiving from the actual finished product

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I would try but each has around 30 heads to tie, and already burning around 2 inches from the led. My tent doesn't have enough sides 😂.
IMG_20240918_123909~2.jpg

I had to cut here and there, but managed to save a few,
IMG_20240918_123920~2.jpg

If those buds stretch though, I'm in trouble again.

Quite honestly, one month in, clones being a month faster, I'd finish at the same point whichever choice I made. I'd rather start over, these are a mess. Just no weed left, hearing 3 more months at the quickest, I'm not in a good place with this grow.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would try but each has around 30 heads to tie, and already burning around 2 inches from the led. My tent doesn't have enough sides 😂.
View attachment 19068511
I had to cut here and there, but managed to save a few,
View attachment 19068513
If those buds stretch though, I'm in trouble again.

Quite honestly, one month in, clones being a month faster, I'd finish at the same point whichever choice I made. I'd rather start over, these are a mess. Just no weed left, hearing 3 more months at the quickest, I'm not in a good place with this grow.
It's to late now if the buds are that advanced , stretch has not stopped yet ? , very strange , once in flower and buds form stretch will normally slow and stop

Latest posts

Latest posts