What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

LED and BUD QUALITY

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
One thing I have been experimenting with is putting my light panels on an angle to give more light to the sides, less loss on the walls and a greater canopy penetration. It's worked quite well.
I must have deleted the picture of my twin panels on the angle but I found this one. Bit of a Mish mash of what I had left over + some old 4000k panels
Nice. I've done the reverse with the strips along the side facing up 22.5 degrees (half of 45 degrees). This gives side and under-canopy lighting at the same time. More Insta photos. This is an older grow, I'll try to update some photos later.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 11.24.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 11.24.54 PM.png

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Wappa is texting spelling for guapa, in spanish, meaning Gorgeous or Beautiful (fem/girl). Ive heard nothing but good about it but i never see it in the smoke clubs. This maybe something to try out...
Im glad to see you back posting :)
It's a nice hardy Skunk variety. It will seem both familiar and exotic at the same time, because IMO it has a better high and taste. There are other strains out there that might be better, but few that combine so many desirable traits into one plant. It's a good commercial variety and well worth pheno hunting a pack of 5 or 10 fems.

Yeah, I've been busy with other projects so haven't had a lot of time to post lately.

Rocket Soul

Make a selection and honor your "work" by branding it. Alternatively you can cross it with your current favorite cut and claim the F1 name for having "worked it extensively". In any case your competitors can't easily figure out what you have.
I don't think there's much honesty when it comes to names.

Because shit's expensive. I don't doubt that you understand what you are doing but doing multiple, replicated, studies, with different cultivars but also plant species looking at different aspects of growth, disease resistance and quality/sensory percetions is beyond your capabilities.
That takes research grants.
It depends if you want papers written or just the best setup. Im fully aware of the arduous work of getting that right and what ot feels like when you did it all and got no significant results, womp womp, lol.
I think as you approach the final decimals to be had practice its better just to make your grow into a living experience. But i come from diy, its an different approach.

Scfarmer

Has anyone attempted a virtual grow with LEDs? I'm tempted to arnage my strips in a 1.5 m high configuration either square /pentagon/hexagon would give me either 600w/ 750w or 900w fixture growing on 3 walls giving me a surface area of 6.75m2

Hiddenjems

That's one thing I've been searching for! So many years of crappy sub par genetics has been really depressing. I must have tried multiple clones from a friend as well as multiple seeds of different strains from seed banks and so far I've only found one Mimosa that really kicks ass.
I'm hoping something comes from these Amnesia seeds bank seeds but I'm not so confident at the moment that they will stay in rotation.
If anyone has some suggestions for a super quality 8-9 week strain to try next I'd be very happy.
My deathstar clone can finish totally in under 8 weeks.

The best way is to look for strains that are high quality with some examples finishing really fast and others taking the standard 9-10 weeks. Crack 50-100 seeds and select for fast finishing.

Scfarmer

My deathstar clone can finish totally in under 8 weeks.

The best way is to look for strains that are high quality with some examples finishing really fast and others taking the standard 9-10 weeks. Crack 50-100 seeds and select for fast finishing.
Finding Quality is half the issue. I'm finding seed banks are rarely accurate with their descriptions. I keep falling for the marketing.
Had considered trying Black gorilla next.

Latest posts

Latest posts