What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Lebanizer's adventures in the autoworld

CannaZen

Some updates. Been a bit lazy and neglectful I must confess... Let's try not to repeat that.

At the mo I have six females going on and not one single male :cry: - talk about disappointment ! I had a fully identified male at one point, he was one of the first ones to pop but he died primarily because of my clumsiness (as an antislug measure gone bad). If I count all the ones that died because of slugs plus the one male that died plus the six females presently in bloom, overall this totals to 9/25 individuals ie a 36% germ rate, practically 1 out of 3.

Also the weather was not that great before june. Since june it has improved and we're presently in the throes of the burning heart of summer. There had also been several days of rain two weeks ago but with mild temps. The Siberian seems to take rain without problem which makes sense when you see the very fluffy structure of the bud. Some resin is also visible.

So here's a family picture of the Siberian bunch - only one is missing here:

View media item 18720432
From left to right, I'll call them :
  • Lanky left - far left
  • Chunky left - left
  • tiny one - center
  • pink right - right
  • tied right - far right
First the tiny one in the middle - she is the old timer, she was the first or second one to pop hence the very small size. This is caused by a combination of root restriction because of the small pot (2L), maybe too compact a soil (it's regular soil but I didn't add any coco as is often recommended for autos) as well as being sown too early when the weather was still not that great. For next year, I dont' think I will plant any autos before June 1st, once warmth and sunshine have really settled. But her most blatant feature about her is her single-bladed leaves. She's a lovely looking mutant.Her smell is the loveliest thing: a sort of peach and flower combo. Really love it. I'm particularly intrigued by the fact that something as northern as that strain could have flowery terpenes as I tend to associate that aroma with tropical plants. She looks very sativa to me.

View media item 18720437
View media item 18720435
View media item 18720434

Then lanky left - this one started to flower not so long ago as you can see. A week ago I was hoping for her to turn out to be a male but no. Anyway not much resin for now and a super flexible stem as you can see below (U turn) which is a good thing because her impresive stretch (yes it is) needs to be handled with LST. Her smell is hashy but she does have pencil thin upper leaves, very sativa like.

View media item 18720438
View media item 18720440
View media item 18720441
The "chunky" left - this one is quite similar to her lanky sister only she sprouted earlier than her hence the "chunkier aspect. For the rest sh's very much alike build wise and smell wise. This is her below.

View media item 18720447
View media item 18720446
View media item 18720445
Then the "tied" one in the same pot as the pink one. What to say about her ? Great flowery terpenes. Her stigmas appear sort of white on the pictures but if you look at them in reality they have a very light sort of washed out pink hue.

View media item 18720451
View media item 18720452
View media item 18720448
On the picture below, she's on the right (tied to the green stick) - the one on the left is the pink one that I describe below.

View media item 18720453
Then the "pink" one. I call her "pink one" because of her pretty fuschia stigmas which do stand out especially under the sunshine. Same flowery aroma as her older "tied" sister. One remarkable thing about her is that she's one of those "funny fellow" trifoliate plant ie she has three leaves per node rather than two. I'm not sure it shows very well on the pics ?

View media item 18720469
View media item 18720472
View media item 18720473

And finally the sixth one that didn't appear on the first family pic.

View media item 18720477
View media item 18720476
View media item 18720475
Aroma is lightly hashy.

I've also just sown some Lebanese seeds in order to compensate for the absence of males. I hope to be able to have some Leb pollen fertilize the Siberian girls by early september if they're still alive and capable of bearing seeds. For instance the small one has been going since the beginning and her flowers do look as if they're slowly decaying now. I gave a bit of fertilizer hoping to get her to keep going but I'm not sure that will be enough. I mean they have to die at some point since they're annual plants. To be continued...

PS:
I had to remove some pics because apparently there's a 20 picture max limit for each message but you can check out more pics in my album "Siberian 2024". I take it it's visible for everyone.
You know what as far as plant goes, these sort of seeds are the ones to collect and grow if they're cultivated heirlooms .. I.l can think of missing or blandness too. Rsc offers what's out there for outdoor plants even if they're not so authentic. But legit these are as authentic for what a person could get whats growing in the yard from such places.

The plants I'm growing are just plants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebanizer

I guess I was completely deluded (and hopeless) about pollinating the plants with the very lately sown Lebanese because that's definitely NOT gonna happen given the delay. I've harvested most of the plants now except for two remaining Siberian. The good news though is I that was able to retrieve some pollen from my indoor Lao Sa grow and it seems the fertilization has taken place as I'm seing a lot of seed formation on my two females. I'm so psyched to try those Siberian x Lao Sa next year 🤩😎. These two plants are literally polar opposites !

I'll try and take/post pictures next week.

H e d g e

Hi @Lebanizer sorry to see so many go to the slugs, I made a few of these this year and they’ve been 100% effective in a very heavily slug populated area. They daisy chain around plants in the ground but it would work just as well on the legs of a small table for your seedlings to live on..
378C2618-982E-4CFF-A3B1-C7981175CA6B.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts