What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

L.A. Affie

symbiote420

Veteran
How could anyone ever buy beans from this guy again?

This is meant is information and not slander!
I don't know the guy but I have family in Cali that are in the know ...shout out to Ontario & Pasadena! They say Swerve is just some guy with wealthy peeps that started out buying elite cuts from peeps for big $$$ and he's been buying his way into the scene/biz, cut after cut after cut ever since. Changing the name of a strain to the name of a rare cut is what has skewed mj genetics and beyond that it is totally unethical!!! Even passing s1 cuts around as the real deal, an s1 is a variation of the mother plant in itself!

Bodhi says his cut is the same as DNA's on many of is strain descriptions ....DNA doesn't mind him stating that, so I don't know what's up with that if it's true but I have DNA's LA Con and the pheno I kept is the shiz, everything I want it a buzz ....just wish she'd yield alot more! I have Bodhi's Dank Sinatra and I'm testing his Boba'a Stash (LA Affie x Snow Lotus) for him, the pics I've seen of some of the Dank Sinatra phenos is spot on for my keeper Connie! I can't wait to see what these Boba's do, they reek in the seedling stage too ...just like my LA Con!

symbiote420

Veteran
Plus after reading what you guys have said about DNA being pissed this leads me to think maybe they did give Swerve the real deal Affie since they were cool, but with a promise to only release hybrids like the others they gifted her to!

yeah B didn't get his cut from DNA, he got the his from the guys who gave DNA their cut, so there's nothing DNA could say to B about it.
B also stated that Swerves version of Affie is OGR's afghani and not the LA affie, so that could be the reason why Swerve is really pulling back on that line. as some stated, either way it maybe you still can't lose with the genetics that's involved, which ever the two it may be.

symbiote420

Veteran
If DNA did ask Swerve to stop selling it he probably should LOL ....I hear they they don't mind putting a beat down on folks! I believe just telling the truth and calling it raskal's Afghan Kush s1 would have sold the beans just as fast! I know plenty of peeps grow CC gear and they've been happy with it and what I've tried has been fire, dunno why he'd try to mislead the public?

Maybe Raskal asked swerve to pull them as they are from his Afghani kush if what swerve posted in correct... Maybe Raskals planning on releasing his Afghani kush? Lets hope...

CK

M

MegaHermie

I've had and ran the verified clone for only about 6 months before ditching it.. yeah it's some pretty good triched out indica, but it's nothing special in my eyes.. I would still take bubba over the LA affie but not by much.. they are very similar all around, not too similar, but close enough. taste = nothing special.. really didn't even have a chance next to all the other elites around.. slow as a motherfucker vegging, so really what's the point?

bigherb

Veteran
Herb - no I havent ran Swerve/Raskals Afghan Kush.

This is Matthew - that's how I have the info I have on the LA Affie =)

Sup brotha

Sorry to hear about you losing that Affie

Can you share any of your experiences taste/ effect / growth ? It be interesting to hear first hand for comparisons to available stock an what might be exspected

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
so is the DnA version legit?

guess I'll find out, turns out they were a freebie?

Im curious to know if you ran these yet ?

Ive searched the net for Grows/Reviews i havnt found much on the Og La Affie seed release .I thought by now someone would have a report

1luvbigherb

mrueeda

I courrently have two DNA LaAffies at the end of the veg...just flipped them yesterday...they are heavy feeders but very slow to veg..I also emailed dna to ask em what were the genes behind the seeds (S1's from the clone or something else) but got no response..I really hope they will surprise me..

M

MegaHermie

Read my post above about info on la affy. The clone was given to me personally by one of the mentioned breeders in this thread. 95% just like pre 98 bubba. Good but not great if you have access to 100's of elites. Not sure why my post was rated negative but try the clone or seeds yourself and then re read what I posted and you'll see. IMHO it was probably a very special clone 10-15 years ago but not special enough now a days.

Marn

Just ran CC's LA Affie S1s and yeah it's basically identical to Bubba. If it yielded more I might have kept it around.

CIMG1966.JPG

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I forgot about this thread...so...I mentioned some CannaVenture gear I was sorting at the beginning of this thread and I suppose I should update...

LA Affie x Chem D Bx2 via CannaVenture Seeds

This was the more Affie dom pheno - I'm kicking myself for not keeping this plant, honestly.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

-neo-

here some pic of DNA og la affie (outdoor):dance013:

not tasted yet becose i always make long cure (over 4 months)

Attachments

• picture169.jpg
    picture169.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 41
  • picture170.jpg
    picture170.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 38
  • picture171.jpg
    picture171.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 46
  • picture172.jpg
    picture172.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 46
  • picture173.jpg
    picture173.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 48

relic1981

Veteran
I'd love a xut of the real thing. Closest I've came was aficianado's la affie. Og x... not bad but not spectacular. I really liked la xofimdential so I would imagine dna's la affie is s1s from there cut.

Dank Frank those pics look, we'll frankly, dank!

They look a lot like the so Cal master kush I wish I still had. Also resembles bubba and sounds like they have similar growth patterns. I'd love to do a side by side..

LostTribe

Premium user
I forgot about this thread...so...I mentioned some CannaVenture gear I was sorting at the beginning of this thread and I suppose I should update...

LA Affie x Chem D Bx2 via CannaVenture Seeds

This was the more Affie dom pheno - I'm kicking myself for not keeping this plant, honestly.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank
Hey @dank.frank I was looking through the stash and have a freebie pack of OG L.A. Affie (pure) from Cannaventure. What did this pheno smell and taste like? Did it have this psychadelic effect or did it couch lock at all? Had them for a while just too many to choose from. Thanks LT

JetLife175

Veteran
That's her!

Been such a long time since I seen her. Holy shit. Nice find my friend.

And for those talking about bubba and la Affie being related they aren't. La Affie was around long before the bubba. There are 4 cuts that honestly taste and smell really alike but they are indeed different plants and that is Bubba, SoCal Master, LA Affie and "The One". All really classic afghan profiles. It was prevalent way back when. I hope that helps clear things up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts