What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

L.A. Affie

spaceboy

Hey whats up ICers,

Just trying to get some info on this strain, cant find too much, everything I run across is always about la con. It looks like cali connect just did an S1 of this and while cali connect are not my favorites, I dont see how you could go wrong with an S1. From what I have seen it looks to be some killer smoke, right up there with og.

If you have anything input about the la affie cut or about the S1's please share with us! Thanks

its an old cut.. im sure now that swerves dropping an s1 there will be some newfound buzz on it.

it was the mother for the LA con i guess as you've prolly heard and also argued to be a parent of the bubba kush, but if not it is very similar to the bubba kush.. just an old school kushy afghani strain thats gone around LA for a long time. its kinda hard to find i would say as i live in LA and havent really seen it around.

some breeders have done some work with it like bohdi i think. i got a few crosses with it.

i wonder if swerve brought it to amsterdam from LA or just got it from the dna guys as i think theyre all bro bros now.

spaceboy

thanks SG, do u have any idea what the quality is like? Also I'm I right in understanding that an S1 of this should be very close quality wise?

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Any pictures of her? - I'd be interested in seeing how much she resembles the Bubba Kush.

About the S1, I believe an S1 should be pretty close to the original, at least 1 out of 5 since if it is like the Bubba it should be like Bubba in that respect also, although I could be wrong. Hopefully someone can answer for certain.

TGT

bigherb

Veteran
my intent is to share info not be disrespectful

my intent is to share info not be disrespectful

Hey whats up ICers,

Just trying to get some info on this strain, cant find too much, everything I run across is always about la con. It looks like cali connect just did an S1 of this and while cali connect are not my favorites, I dont see how you could go wrong with an S1. From what I have seen it looks to be some killer smoke, right up there with og.

If you have anything input about the la affie cut or about the S1's please share with us! Thanks

This clone is soo very rare an from my experience with LA con an tora bora an the lil bit of info an reports she is Very special an very closely guarded .

From what ive seen in my time on the net Dusty /DNA /mattriot /bodhi seem to be the folk on the net with claims to the strain now most recent seem to be swerve

For most who know me an have read my post this LA Affie is a dream strain of mine .THe flavors an high are exactly somthing id love to always have in teh draw .Hash an incense with a trippy narcotic feeling covers my needs to a T

I was very luck to be gifted some Dank sinatra which is also a Dream cross because i love hashplant an that 88 Ghash was right up there a the top of my list aswell .I was also gifted Ghash a while back its very special truly a resin bomb .

Anyhow not long after i aquired Dank sinatra i seen cali connection offer LA affie .I was shocked an itching to get a pack abit hesistant as ive only ordered from select sites

Okay soo while doin abit of reading on reviews an such i came across( cali connection seeds whats the deal ) thread at roll it up .
(Sorry if its against rules to post the site .BUt i figure since cali connection threads are welcome we can discuss what has been posted on the net .) There have been quite a few reports of crushed an premature seed ,you can research for yourself . Soo while reading this thread i seen a post from SWERVE saying his LA affie has nothing to do with DNA or La Confidential .that this was Ograskal afghani kush clone that he has for sometime

Im not into Og as some may know but i love Ghanis an hashplants ,The master kush an Afghani kush have had my eye for sometime those are true ksuhes an not one of the 1000 hybrids of the chem line . I think the community would be lucky to have the afghani kush available to them (master ksuh aswell In seed form, for those like myself who dont have clones floating close by .

I am 1000% sure this was posted i read the post several times last night an started searching for info teh afghani kush which isnt abudant but there are some pics an comparison of growth Also said to have come in that 5 G tray of OG
along with master kush .If anyone recalls that stoy raskal told

Again i thikn its important to know the truth that was my intent of this post ,im curious myself

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got LA Affie x Fire OG Bx via CannaVenture - they had it and their crosses were wildly successful...but very limited.

I feel stupid lucky to have it as LA Affie x OG has always been a dream hybrid of my own.

Currently have 5 LA Affie x Chem D Bx2 in veg - also from CannaVenture...

It would seem that LA Affie has made it's way out of the dark corners...

Like many times, Swerve sees a trend and jumps on bandwagon with the STS - he is to California strains what Greenhouse is to European strains...

"What? Seeds? Oh, nothing some chemical forced balls can't fix...and while I'm at it, might as well call it something it's not - that should make it sell better...yeah, I think I'll do that..."

It is a well known and accept truth that his lines are not accurate representations of the clone only strains they are marketed as...

dank.Frank

bigherb

Veteran
I've got LA Affie x Fire OG Bx via CannaVenture - they had it and their crosses were wildly successful...but very limited.

I feel stupid lucky to have it as LA Affie x OG has always been a dream hybrid of my own.

Currently have 5 LA Affie x Chem D Bx2 in veg - also from CannaVenture...

It would seem that LA Affie has made it's way out of the dark corners...

Like many times, Swerve sees a trend and jumps on bandwagon with the STS - he is to California strains what Greenhouse is to European strains...

"What? Seeds? Oh, nothing some chemical forced balls can't fix...and while I'm at it, might as well call it something it's not - that should make it sell better...yeah, I think I'll do that..."

It is a well known and accept truth that his lines are not accurate representations of the clone only strains they are marketed as...

dank.Frank

Soo it seems she has been made more accesible into the community its great to see she is being offered in hybrids by our breeders in the community .

Soo dreams are coming true for us both :biggrin:

I dont like to speak bad on anyone ,BUt ido call it as i see it . I appreciate all the inforamtion an experienecs shared from everyone that what the site is about .

1luvbigherb

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
DNA LA confidential

DNA LA confidential

for 53 days she potent and stinky...also slow to vegg and pretty leafy !! peace homies

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not speaking poorly of him - just stating what is accepted as common knowledge.

And he is STS happy - that much is a FACT.

Now my snide rendition is just in jest - but I'd rather get an intelligently paired outcross than a chemically induced self-pollination.

That's just me - but then again, I'm not a proponent of feminized seeds in general, so my personal bias comes into play - more against feminized beans, than the person making them.

A feminized line here and there is one thing, but an entire company where 90% of the offerings are the result of self pollination to me does not a breeder make...

dank.Frank

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
@dank frank u grew any fems recently ?

Fems have there place and it's a lil biased to think "fem seeds" are "evil" doesn't nature make fems also ?

Here's a example of where fems come in handy for me atleast
I had only space for 8 plants so to make sure I get enough females that means pop atleast 16 beans ..if I get 10 males my timelone would be messed up and have space in the tent ..but popping 4 fems + 6-8 regs gives me a way better chance at having enough females and bc I don't have to wait to sex em ..the first 4 regular beans to show female + fems are ready to go at the same time ..while keeping my plant #s lower

I don't want people to take this the wrong way but I think fems get a bad rep ..idk if its the process involved or ethics or the belief that there all hermie prone ..some of the best plants in canna history and from the odd hermie seed ..

Also if its a clone only strain ..I want it as PURE as possible sometimes crossing a male can show traits later in out crosses that we'rent there in the orginal ..yes they say s1s don't make good parents but from what I've grown they turn out just as good if not better than a reg/male female

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
With plant limits a lot of us need fem seeds. Now to the breeding aspect -

No one can grow out a thousand plants, in the US anyways. So there are no breeders here in that respect. So what happens is there are millions of growers who are popping seeds and when they find a plant that has all of the qualities that make it really special they keep it. Then it finally gets passed around to friends and makes it's way to clubs and becomes famous.

So the real breeders are the millions of people popping the seeds, not one guy planting thousands of seeds. Then a seed maker will make a cross or an S1 so everyone can grow them out...

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
With plant limits a lot of us need fem seeds. Now to the breeding aspect -

No one can grow out a thousand plants, in the US anyways. So there are no breeders here in that respect. So what happens is there are millions of growers who are popping seeds and when they find a plant that has all of the qualities that make it really special they keep it. Then it finally gets passed around to friends and makes it's way to clubs and becomes famous.

So the real breeders are the millions of people popping the seeds, not one guy planting thousands of seeds. Then a seed maker will make a cross or an S1 so everyone can grow them out...

Thank you!

R.Fortune

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
How long did you veg and what kinda yield? All I can see is leaf and chicken legs! Are those solid colas?

Ok homie this LAC would be considered affie Dom, or pure indica. She vegges like cabbage, w tons of leaf and slight autoflower under T5. I'd say poor strain choice for vertical, though I gave her legs a proper shave and trimmed the bush like a mofo!

Dense small nug, modest yield considering time spent manicuring I'd rather just grow a chemdog

Also redeeming of this LA is she has no sweetness, and bears no evidence of time spent in a Dutch breeding program. Deep hash earthy tone, without any fruit, candy or grape which is prevelant in current indicas

All peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@dank frank u grew any fems recently ?

Fems have there place and it's a lil biased to think "fem seeds" are "evil" doesn't nature make fems also ?

Here's a example of where fems come in handy for me atleast
I had only space for 8 plants so to make sure I get enough females that means pop atleast 16 beans ..if I get 10 males my timelone would be messed up and have space in the tent ..but popping 4 fems + 6-8 regs gives me a way better chance at having enough females and bc I don't have to wait to sex em ..the first 4 regular beans to show female + fems are ready to go at the same time ..while keeping my plant #s lower

I don't want people to take this the wrong way but I think fems get a bad rep ..idk if its the process involved or ethics or the belief that there all hermie prone ..some of the best plants in canna history and from the odd hermie seed ..

Also if its a clone only strain ..I want it as PURE as possible sometimes crossing a male can show traits later in out crosses that we'rent there in the orginal ..yes they say s1s don't make good parents but from what I've grown they turn out just as good if not better than a reg/male female

Will respond to you elsewhere on this, so not to take the thread to far away from LA Affie info - lol - although, I'm the one who went down that tangent...hehehe. My bad! :joint:

dank.Frank

bigherb

Veteran
Correction from previous post here is the exact post

My intent was to post for the correct info soo i found what i had seen originally

(Cali connection seeds what the deal) Thread from roll it up

11-01-2012, 11:19 AM Swerve

jedi kush is deathstar X sfv ogk f5 male thats spot onto og i just got my male back from 2 yrs of being held hostage.. so no autoflower bullshit issues. i havent seen many hermie reports considering we gave away 1500 free seed packs.. so obviously not to much of an issue.. and anyone who gets 90% hermie from any pack of seeds look at your flowering environment u got some issues there... try to run sealed room like most. better control over the whole environment

look at the reports people all the bs was from 2 years ago. litterally now..

and for the record the LA Affie clone i have came from Ograskal its his afghani kush aka la affie clone i use.I have for years since he gave it to me... it has absolutely NOT A FUCKING DAM THING TO DO WITH LA CONFIDENTAIL aside from being a suspected parent. i didnt get it from DNA has nothing to do with DNA.. so please understand when growing my LA AFFIE and LA confidentail side by side you will see a big difference...

I wanted my intent to be clear an people to know im a man of my word ,i only speak the truth

1luvbigherb