What's new

KC33 OUTDOORS BY BIOSYNTHESIS

grandsrin

Hi, i m growing kc 33 at 49 north and it Will finish octobre the 31 . It s a bit late, but kc 33 love rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still no mold HUGE yield and realy bigs plants.
Next year i Will start later (late april early mai) , for an earlier harvest; and i will cross kc 33 with a timewrap or an early canadien durban.

Take care!!!!

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Harvest

Harvest

Here is a picture of a bud I took last week. Have started the harvest process. Will not be growing this strain again. Cannot say I will grow KC genetics again. Reason is that this was advertised as late September finisher. Here I am harvesting in the rain at the end of October, that really burns my balls! Having exotic sativa flowers is the only positive note. Hope all are having a great harvest!!
picture.php
picture.php

need4weed

Veteran
Here is a picture of a bud I took last week. Have started the harvest process. Will not be growing this strain again. Cannot say I will grow KC genetics again. Reason is that this was advertised as late September finisher. Here I am harvesting in the rain at the end of October, that really burns my balls! Having exotic sativa flowers is the only positive note. Hope all are having a great harvest!!
View Image View Image

The plants looked huge and very healthy in the aerial shots but they also looked like they were still in veg mode.A real shame that they never filled out for you

Zefy

View Image View Image

Why did you grow just one strain? there is no such thing as holy grail or something like that. Why don't you try with variaty of strains, pick a few of your liking. More strains cost more but you could also make your own beans!

I'm a guerilla grower, I grow at similar latitude as you, these are strains that I grew/I know perform good outdoor and they finish end of September-beginning of October:

Frisian Dew, Durban Poison (Dutch Passion)-finish end of September, good vigorous outdoor plants FD is ~50/50, DP is sativa dominant.
Easy Sativa (female seeds)-finish mid September, nice easy sativa, middle potent.
Serious 6 (Serious Seeds) finish mid september, like easy sativa semi-auto strain, need to be careful! light sensitive strain!
Fast Versions by Sweet Seeds-variety of strains that finish end of september - beginning of October
Early Versions by Delicious Seeds - similar as fast versions by sweet seeds.
Sudden Flower (Earth Seeds)-End of September, nice fruity sativa.
Bangi Haze, Erdpurt, Pakistan Citral Kush (Ace seeds/Cannabiogen)-beginning of October, resistant, vigorous plants, especially PCK

These are few that I can remeber at moment...

Green Squall

Hey Biosynthesis. Congrats on your huge harvest. :tiphat:

An extra month is a lot but it still looks like you had a successful season? Did you encounter any mold or anything?

What do you think of KC Brains Mango? It's KC33 X Afghani. Perhaps the Afghani would shorten the flowering time a little. I'm actually thinking of growing it next year.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
View Image View Image

I can see why your disappointed man ,
didnt look like they filled out with much weight or girth ,
i bet the yield should have been 3 times what it was ,
darn nice plants though ,, just unfortunate on the finish ...

been a pleasure to watch your grow bio ,
sadly not as good as expected in harvest ,
but as farmers we need to take the good , with the bad,
and learn from it for the next season ...

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Well, I have to take the good with the bad. Very little mold, huge plants. But just late harvest when it is advertised much earlier. Did not put all my eggs in one basket as people think. This is a thread for KC33 so that is the plants I showed. Also grew Truthband 707, Tikal, Critical +, Narkush and Russian doll as well. Thanks for all who added to the thread. Overall it was a good season. Just wondering why the KC finished so much later than advertised. Has he gotten that far out of touch with his strains? Here nor there, it's all been done and now the hard work is in full swing.

igrowone

Veteran
just how many kc33 plants were there? bad luck with phenos maybe
may not have thick looking buds, but never know until the smoke test
hoping there's some gold hidden in there

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Over 20 kc33 plants. Smoke is pure sativa. Mostly fruity aromas and a few that have a menthol aroma. They made it through a lot of wind and rain with just a few spots of mold, most plants had none.

igrowone

Veteran
Over 20 kc33 plants. Smoke is pure sativa. Mostly fruity aromas and a few that have a menthol aroma. They made it through a lot of wind and rain with just a few spots of mold, most plants had none.

that's a good sized population
never grown out any kc, but have tracked grow logs, have seen good results with the 33
but 20+ plants like that, that's a kick in the gut for sure

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Hey Biosynthesis. Congrats on your huge harvest. :tiphat:

An extra month is a lot but it still looks like you had a successful season? Did you encounter any mold or anything?

What do you think of KC Brains Mango? It's KC33 X Afghani. Perhaps the Afghani would shorten the flowering time a little. I'm actually thinking of growing it next year.

Hardly any mold on KC33, most had none, even for coming out of the ground so late. there are still some plants in the ground that have no mold. Amazing in this aspect. Guess the only thing I can bitch about is the finish date, but that is to be expected of Sativas. Grew out Mango many years ago and was not happy with it. Just one plant is all I had so not much of a control group to make an educated decision on though. Thanks for contributing to the thread squall.

gorilla ganja

I think you did a great job Biosynthesis. Beautiful plant's.

On the finish times stated by breeders. If they even breed/test outdoors it's totally dependent on their latitude. A Sept. finish for 35 lat. is different than 45 lat and sure as sh#t a lot different at 55 lat. I wish all breeders would state the latitude that they breed at.
Being further North than you, it pisses me off even more when Sept. finishers don't until much later. But it is not necessarily breeders being dishonest. Ok rant over.

Again great job this season. Looking forward to watching the show next year.

Peace GG

BigNoise

Turned out great Bio.

I've still got 3 KC's in the ground. I chopped my KC/HFH Polish Demon crosses a few weeks ago.

Hardly a spot of mold/rot to be found. Late finish? Who cares! lol

Biosynthesis

Veteran
All said and done was a good season. Zero white powdery mildew which is VERY noteworthy for this damp rainy season. Here everything is cleaned up and ready for next season.
picture.php