What's new

JB's sativa hacking hub

JockBudman

End of -
Week 6 - Bubblegum and ortega mixes
week 7 - Panama
Week 8 - snakes
Week 9 -Ohaze

Still just all trucking along. I potted on the haze into 5 litre pots to help them get bigger through flower, hopefully. Also jarred up the autos - 7g on the gorilla skittles, 5 on the pink kush cbd. That's what happens when you screw up autos I guess.

The rest are just in that boring stage. Few buds starting to finish up on the snakes and they're certainly going yellow as they normally do towards the end of flower, even though I've top dressed with more nutes. The indicas are also showing a few red hairs which is good, maybe another 4 weeks max on most of this run.

View media item 18718622
View media item 18718623
Haze will go into the main tent once a few more plants come down but they're doing fine under the crap light.

JockBudman

End of -
Week 7 - Bubblegum and ortega mixes
week 8 - Panama
Week 9 - snakes
Week 10 -Ohaze

Coming close to the end now, although still a few weeks to go on most. The snakes usually come down between 10 and 11 weeks and these two look to be at least 11, maybe even a bit longer. The larger ortega mix is getting close, with just the upper buds still pushing out new growth. I'll give her until this weekend then make a decision whether to chop or not. The smaller one and the bubblegum need at least 2, possibly 3 weeks still.
Panama is the big mystery as she seems slow with flowering and could be as much as 5 weeks away from ripe. Trying my patience this one.

View media item 18718731
View media item 18718732
Haze still hazing. They're slowly building buds up and I'll let them go until the seeds are ripe and everything else is down. I'm hoping these are tamer than the oldtimers which can take over 20 weeks but judging by how these look, halfway through is about right.

JockBudman

First harvest

The taller ortega mix is down at 53 days. Hairs are all orange and she finished up quickly in the last few days. Very easy to pick the leaves off indicating she was well into senescence.

View media item 18718851
The full plant

View media item 18718852
Just the top bud.

With the heat kicking in here now she'll likely be sampled next weekend at the latest. Should be a few more down soon as well - her sister needs maybe another week and the bubblegum mix about the same. Snakes close to but I'll save that for the end of week update.

Slàinte

JockBudman

Good growing Jock! Any interesting aromas?
At first it was orange but lately its more sour rhubarb smelling. I've had a few buds like that, both purchased and grown, over the years and they're usually strong and long lasting so I'll be testing small doses of this girl just in case I end up wasting an evening in crazy town.

JockBudman

End of -
Week 8 - Bubblegum and ortega mixes
week 9 - Panama
Week 10 - snakes
Week 11 -Ohaze

Another late update due to personal stuff getting in the way so the plants got neglected and are now very burned looking. The light is way powerful and still hasn't been above 75% but I've put it down to 50 now.
The snakes look nearly done and will be down next weekend at the latest, possibly even this week, same with the smaller ortega. The bubblegum is hard to call but probably another week at least. Panama could be as much as 2 weeks out.

View media item 18718970
View media item 18718971
Haze are starting to get light burned now as well so they'll go in to the main tent as soon as the snakes are down as there's more head room in there.

Looking forward to more harvests

JockBudman

Harvest No. 2

The skinny red snake came down a few days ago at 72 days of flower. Fairly heavily seeded by either the haze or the ortega herm - I might hold onto those seeds and test grow a few in future just in case they were haze progeny but they won't be top of the list.

View media item 18719183
View media item 18719184
View media item 18719185
View media item 18719186
I also put some more snake onto soak along with some of my Nirvana NL x Sag NL9. There's others I wanted to do but I might be away in late October so needed some plants I can expect to be down before then.