What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Jarilla Sinaloa x Destroyer F2 Colorado Sativas

D

Deleted member 534625

Just dumped 21 seeds into a glass of water for a six hour soak and then they will be planted in a coco coir/worm casting mix in trays with a heat mat. This grow will take a long time from my understanding so posting this thread is probably premature. However, I’m excited and hoping that the overall stability of the destroyer stock will lead to some interesting offspring.

I will be vegging these guys for a while until I have the money to pay for sexing. I’ll likely keep 6-8 of the nicest females by looking at growth characteristics, and then pollinate a branch of each with my chosen male. I figured I would flower the males a month earlier to get data and move on from there.

I am very new to the forum, and am currently
on my way to finishing my first grow in ten years so don’t expect anything spectacular. However I’ll do my best and would appreciate all the help I can get.

I’m currently working with 1200 watt dual spectrum spyders, flora trio nutes and my current grow looks descent but I’m still considering alternatives for the next grow. I used to use MH/HPS but am trying to save some money. These guys were simply cheap on Craigslist for my first grow back; 300/3 units

Part of the reason I’m posting on here is just to chronicle the overarching process and date everything for my own benefit.

Anyways, I’m yammering on per usual haha. Thanks for joining. Current grow is lemon tree, 2- harlequin, 2-headbandcookies and one forum GSC. I’m looking for ward to a real Sativa but I will say this lemon tree smells rancid.

Attachments

• IMG_6546.jpeg
    IMG_6546.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6548.jpeg
    IMG_6548.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_6547.jpeg
    IMG_6547.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 534625

Same as above. I actually just found Colorodo Sativa Co and am interested in a few of the lines. Notably the Oaxaca S1. Ill be watching!
Haha if this works out I’ll be buying every type they have. Claims to have quite a few legends but I’ve never seen any finished grows. I dropped a 100$ in curiosity and got tons of seeds and good freebies. Only time will tell if the finished flower was worth the hassle

D

Deleted member 534625

The MEXICAN DEATH SATIVA x HIGHLAND GUERRERO has my attention
I actually got that for the project but opted for the destroyer cross which was actually one of the freebies. It seemed liked the destroyer was potentially a lot more stable. From what I read, MDS is a pool of tons of stuff. Sounds a little complex for my space, not that I won’t try someday.

alvin88

Yeah its a sweet deal and your the 2nd person I've heard say he gives a lot of freebies. I'm itching to do a side grow guerilla style next season and it will probably mostly consist of his Mexican varieties. Trying to find that "highschool weed" 😅

Edit: fuck it, just ordered a pack each of Oaxaca, and mexican death x highland guerrero. I won't get to run most of em till next year but I'll squeeze a few in my tent this winter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 534625

After a six hour soak I mixed up some cococoir, worm castings and planted them. The light is a cheap led I use for germinating my tomatoes but should work for this.

The Vivio heating mat I’m using is actually pretty cool for 25$ on Amazon. Has a heat probe, incremental temp control. Been messing with the probe location which is why it reads so hot but it should be inching back down towards 80 today.

I was curious what you guys thought about lights for the flowering process? I have always heard high intensity for landrace so im not sure if the bigger LEDs I have will cut it. Link is in the initial post.

I thought about going back to two 400watt HPS for 8 plants but I’m still unsure.

goingrey

Why the sex testing? I could see with some sluggish indica that needs months of veg but with this cross..

RobFromTX

Guys i contacted dubi about the Guatamala S1's from Ace he has listed, to see if it was a legit source. NO disrespect to colorado sativas, i'll still be getting some beans to test run. Just passing along what i was emailed

AJSPFBzw8JLdBgq1V5MkuyF8z-RoRXf1WJLuZJzFfD6_tOaByzSmwPUg48tC6JsIpgoV=s80-p

12:20 AM (7 hours ago)

to me

Hi Rob,

We have no relationship with the website you mention. They are obviously copying our work without our permission.
Pics they post are lame, they not even know how to grow, call S1 what is not, they are pirating us,
already contacted them 3 years ago but they continue getting money from our work, strain names and reputation,
i would black list them and not mention them anymore. Probably what they are selling is totally fake.

Have a nice day, dubi

D

Deleted member 534625

I can’t pretend to be well versed in the politics involved here but I see no reason to doubt that the guy bought some beans from ace and grew them out. Don’t get me wrong I understand why Dubi would be pissed but the guys only charging 25$ for a bag of 20 seeds and he claims it’s just to cover his time. 🤷‍♂️ idk

How far removed does seed stock need to be before you can ethically resell?

Last edited by a moderator:

RobFromTX

I can’t pretend to be well versed in the politics involved here but I see no reason to doubt that the guy bought some beans from ace and grew them out. Don’t get me wrong I understand why Dubi would be pissed but the guys only charging 25$ for a bag of 20 seeds and he claims it’s just to cover his time. 🤷‍♂️ idk

How far removed does seed stock need to be before you can ethically resell?

He sells landraces. Thats good enough for me. Im all about mexican sativa

D

Deleted member 534625

Nearly 100 percent and growing quickly. I’ll likely have to transplant sooner then I would have thought