What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

LostTribe

Premium user
Does anyone else know why Kwik/RSC would rename this? Or more accurately not name it? Are they trying not to give credit where it's due?
I know it's not that important, but for posterity sake I am curious.

I also recall reading Blue Mountain has a hybridized faster flower version and a non/pre hybridization long flower version. Safe to assume this used the latter? Or not necessarily?

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this thread. Easily in my top 5 favorite threads on here.
Normally Angus gets these repros from small seed makers and not breeders. They are still Double Jam, just down the line from the originals.

Prs2xs

Lambread, the small plant on the right is a male red stem with the big female red stem on the left (the flowering dark green plant at the bottom is a zamal/malawi/Nevil Haze/C99/pure power plant cross. The other pic is the Lambsbread green stem. I have never encountered a more resistant plant than the Lambsbread. The other plants are all greatly affected by powdery mildew while the Lambsbread- especially the green stem- isn't at all. The green stem was poorly transplanted in the ground and 90% of the roots were ripped. It didn't care at all. This if from the Vibes Collective via Richard Williams. The red stem female will be ripe by mid/end October (due to fully seeding...only way to finish these outdoors in Toronto) but the green stem was an even later flowerer so it will have fewer seeds. I'll be able to trade some redstem Lambsbread. The male used has extremely narrow leaves and only produced red stems later in life. View attachment 19078794 View attachment 19078795
I have some of RW's lambsbread growing indoors right now - running them at 11/13 presently, just 3 of them, all female. How much stretch did you see with this strain? I've managed to hold them down to about 4 ft, but I think these might continue stretching for a while??

Marcus67

I have some of RW's lambsbread growing indoors right now - running them at 11/13 presently, just 3 of them, all female. How much stretch did you see with this strain? I've managed to hold them down to about 4 ft, but I think these might continue stretching for a while??
I was surprised that the stretch wasn't that bad at all. The green pheno in that picture is just starting to flower and you can see that it is still relatively compact.

Plants stretch to try and catch more pollen in the wind. I wonder if seeding them reduces the potential stretch? Maybe seeding the very first few flowers while letting subsequent flowers stay unpollinated is the way to go...not sure.

The red stem plants share a big pot (3 per pot) so maybe that rootbinding helped them. The sweet cinnamon toast flavoured zamal/malawai/nevil haze/PPP/C99 hybrid stretched way more initially (it also began flowering much earlier than the LB so it went unpollinated for a few weeks while the male LB began to flower). By the way, the LB didn't show sex until they were fully triggered into flowering. I never experienced that before. It also has 0 scent....strem rubs have a vegtable/cucumber/play dough like scent.

I get the sense that these LB are highly imbred so I plan on eventually crossing it with a double jam (so 25% JBM 1985) to get a better sense of its potential.

Marcus67

This is what Meta AI had to say (keeping in mind that it is not always right):
Yes, cannabis and hemp plants often exhibit stretching or elongation at the beginning of flowering, particularly in response to:

1. Photoperiodism: Changes in daylight hours trigger flowering.
2. Hormonal shifts: Ethylene and auxin regulate stem elongation.

This stretching is thought to:

1. Increase exposure to wind-borne pollen.
2. Enhance receptivity to pollen.

Early pollination might reduce stretching hypothetically, as:

1. Pollination triggers hormonal changes, potentially reducing stem elongation.
2. Seed production would divert energy from vegetative growth.

However, this is speculative, and research is limited.

Factors influencing stretching:

1. Genetics
2. Light spectrum and intensity
3. Temperature
4. Nutrient availability
5. Pruning/training practices

To minimize stretching:

1. Use training techniques (e.g., topping, LST).
2. Provide adequate light penetration.
3. Maintain optimal temperature (20-25°C/68-77°F).
4. Balance nutrient intake.

Pollination timing affects:

1. Seed production
2. Flower quality
3. Plant yield

Optimal pollination timing varies depending on:

1. Strain
2. Growing conditions
3. Desired outcomes (seed production vs. flower quality)

Would you like more information on:

1. Cannabis/hemp flowering and pollination
2. Plant growth regulation
3. Training techniques

Or have other questions?

Latest posts

Latest posts