What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

LostTribe

Premium user
Does anyone else know why Kwik/RSC would rename this? Or more accurately not name it? Are they trying not to give credit where it's due?
I know it's not that important, but for posterity sake I am curious.

I also recall reading Blue Mountain has a hybridized faster flower version and a non/pre hybridization long flower version. Safe to assume this used the latter? Or not necessarily?

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this thread. Easily in my top 5 favorite threads on here.
Normally Angus gets these repros from small seed makers and not breeders. They are still Double Jam, just down the line from the originals.

Prs2xs

Lambread, the small plant on the right is a male red stem with the big female red stem on the left (the flowering dark green plant at the bottom is a zamal/malawi/Nevil Haze/C99/pure power plant cross. The other pic is the Lambsbread green stem. I have never encountered a more resistant plant than the Lambsbread. The other plants are all greatly affected by powdery mildew while the Lambsbread- especially the green stem- isn't at all. The green stem was poorly transplanted in the ground and 90% of the roots were ripped. It didn't care at all. This if from the Vibes Collective via Richard Williams. The red stem female will be ripe by mid/end October (due to fully seeding...only way to finish these outdoors in Toronto) but the green stem was an even later flowerer so it will have fewer seeds. I'll be able to trade some redstem Lambsbread. The male used has extremely narrow leaves and only produced red stems later in life. View attachment 19078794 View attachment 19078795
I have some of RW's lambsbread growing indoors right now - running them at 11/13 presently, just 3 of them, all female. How much stretch did you see with this strain? I've managed to hold them down to about 4 ft, but I think these might continue stretching for a while??

Latest posts

Latest posts