What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

2B92F400-B6FD-4AA9-AE75-188F020BB9B9.jpeg

92 Thai x afghan sativa type fem

Attachments

• 917C32E8-48E5-4145-8F46-6D6C39E6C5FA.jpeg
    917C32E8-48E5-4145-8F46-6D6C39E6C5FA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • 27250F8B-674E-46A8-8975-DE33228817A7.jpeg
    27250F8B-674E-46A8-8975-DE33228817A7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39

Asentrouw

Running some RSC/Kwik strains this season. Amongst others hashplants like Iran #3 and Moliotiko.

One strain is quite particular. Very squat small/compact plant, but with really huge narrow sativa-like leaves. Not much in the smell department yet, only a light floral scent. It's the Cinderella 99 x (Pakistan Chitral Kush x Congolese). Doesn't look like C99 to me, the other two strains I haven't grown yet.

I'm wondering which is the dominant pheno in this plant?

Attachments

• CongoPCKC99.jpg
    CongoPCKC99.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64

Old Uncle Ben

Running some RSC/Kwik strains this season. Amongst others hashplants like Iran #3 and Moliotiko.

One strain is quite particular. Very squat small/compact plant, but with really huge narrow sativa-like leaves. Not much in the smell department yet, only a light floral scent. It's the Cinderella 99 x (Pakistan Chitral Kush x Congolese). Doesn't look like C99 to me, the other two strains I haven't grown yet.

Very narrow leaves for such a young plant too.

What a weird cross too.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Kaiki's PCK x Congolese :)

7287index_2_1.jpg

Gunter

One seed, one female, one keeper 👨‍🌾

Here is that seed grown out on the right (Afgh mix X Freak Chunk).

The afghan mix is clearly dominant in this not the freak chunk.
I can see some odd things passed on in the plant but I am going to grow it and see where this goes.
To the left is a critical mass running circles around it (very impressed given the shitty conditions).
The whole thing is shits and giggles grow under a roof window and the both got 1l of recycled soil with horn shavings.

The afghan mix last year was unsmokeable but a nice vape when you just want to relax.

Attachments

• IMG_20240707_212151.jpg
    IMG_20240707_212151.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47

need4weed

Veteran
Here is that seed grown out on the right (Afgh mix X Freak Chunk).

The afghan mix is clearly dominant in this not the freak chunk.
I can see some odd things passed on in the plant but I am going to grow it and see where this goes.
To the left is a critical mass running circles around it (very impressed given the shitty conditions).
The whole thing is shits and giggles grow under a roof window and the both got 1l of recycled soil with horn shavings.

The afghan mix last year was unsmokeable but a nice vape when you just want to relax.
Unusual because deep chunk tends to dominate everything it's crossed to

Gunter

I may have picked quite a mutant to begin with last year so that's not a good basis for anything.

The FC that hermed (they almost died of drought) had the most seeds, like 5. The other two were unaffected and the Afghan mix next to it had 1 or 2. So I am fairly certain where the banana came from, I also saw it.

It does not seem to dominate the landrace and it also looks a lot more like the landrace, inlcuding smells from the stem rub etc. Not sure if I will pursue this because it has obvious genetic problems.

This year I hope to get a male out of my critical (mr nice), sensi NL or Ace Violeta and make my first cross. If they are all female I will try to mess around with STS. The whole thing is almost no budget.

Has anyone of you tried putting bigger cartons and such over a plant to induce flower?

Asentrouw

Tried some RSC Lao Sa yesterday. Didn't expect much of it, as the buds looked like scrappy foxtails, rittled with seeds due to hermie troubles. But damn, this really is potent stuff, nice euphoric relaxing trippy high, very long and almost no comedown afterwarts. Really nice! This certainly is one of my favorite new strains.

Seeds enough now due to hermie trouble. The worst herms I cut down, but all plants did have some slight hermaphrodite tendencies. Nonetheless they produced some nice foxtail buds that were relatively filled up.

I also had Highland Lao #3, but this was just seeds with pearls - very low yield, so this will be used for hasjishs. Maybe due to very early fertalization?

Anyone has tried other RSC Thai strains like Mekong? How where these on the yield department and in terms of effect? And how bad were the hermahrodite tendencies?

I don't mind some seeds in the bud, but some Asian landraces are quite extreme and produce more seeds then bud. 😅

Attachments

• 20240713_122137.jpg
    20240713_122137.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 136

Asentrouw

The RSC Cinderella 99 x (Pakistan Chitral Kush x Congolese) is now getting some interesting special odors, like a mild fruitjuice or something. Really like this plant, although a hybrid, it looks very NLD pure sativa with beautifull big hanging leaves, but stays quite low and bushy. Really something special. Not sure if it can finish here outside at lat 53 though, but probably a great plant for indoor growers.

The small one in the soil is a Greek landrace, Moliotiko I just started. Had one last year that turned out to be a male. Its supposed to resemble the Lebanese hashplants and should flower quite early. So we'll see what becomes of her.

Also started an Iranian #3 in the pot. It started with some mutations in the leaves, but seems to grow out of it. Look and smell are typically "Afghan indica"; strong spicy, skunky odor, even in early veg already. Not sure if it is able to finish in my climate, as Afghans are quite the mold magnetes in this wet climate.

Attachments

• 20240724_120501.jpg
    20240724_120501.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47

Old Uncle Ben

The RSC Cinderella 99 x (Pakistan Chitral Kush x Congolese) is now getting some interesting special odors, like a mild fruitjuice or something. Really like this plant, although a hybrid, it looks very NLD pure sativa with beautifull big hanging leaves, but stays quite low and bushy. Really something special. Not sure if it can finish here outside at lat 53 though, but probably a great plant for indoor growers.

The small one in the soil is a Greek landrace, Moliotiko I just started. Had one last year that turned out to be a male. Its supposed to resemble the Lebanese hashplants and should flower quite early. So we'll see what becomes of her.

Also started an Iranian #3 in the pot. It started with some mutations in the leaves, but seems to grow out of it. Look and smell are typically "Afghan indica"; strong spicy, skunky odor, even in early veg already. Not sure if it is able to finish in my climate, as Afghans are quite the mold magnetes in this wet climate.
That Greek sounds like a hoot. Skunks can be nauseating. My Lapis Mtn. indica surely was. You could smell a 1 oz baggie 50' away. Great smoke, not couch lock like the Afghan 90 from Kwik Seeds I'm smoking now.

Good luck

Asentrouw

That Greek sounds like a hoot. Skunks can be nauseating. My Lapis Mtn. indica surely was. You could smell a 1 oz baggie 50' away. Great smoke, not couch lock like the Afghan 90 from Kwik Seeds I'm smoking now.

Good luck

Usually when they already smell so early in veg its a real stinker. I found the exact same odor in the Afghan mix, so I'm pretty sure the Iranian has in lot with common with them. Read a report that the #3 has a big ammount of resin compared to the other RSC Iranian releases. Certainly hope so, as I love "Afghan" hash.

As for the Greek strain I did not find much info on it yet. It seems quite unknown compared to Kalamata and the likes. I hope it will be semi-auto/early enough to finish here, as it is advertised for northern growers. We'll see.

Did not try the Afghan 90 yet, I read condictatory reviews about it. But certainly want to give it a go sonetime. Don't like really numbing lethargic couchlock strains like herijuana, but love some indica's with more complex relaxing highs.

Most strains from RSC I tried are fire. But to many strains and to little time to try them all. 😅

Gunter

I was going to type these exact words then I read your post. 100% agreed!

I guess old Afghani showed the deep chunk what up lol
Here is my mutant now.
Hard to keep happy in soil that makes other plants very happy and you can see this when looking at the leaves. I also have a Violeta with perfect leaves in the same soil.

I will let this thing go to the end just out of curiosity but next year I might try to make Freak Chunk seeds and not use any of this. The FC genetic will do much better.

I have a critical male that I could cross this to but not sure whats the point.
The whole thing is to learn, make seeds and clones etc. and I guess thats good enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20240808_183655_-2.png
    IMG_20240808_183655_-2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 37

p59teitel

This 6 foot Chitrali female is the only TRSC plant in the ground now. Nice boxy plant, decent resistance to septoria leaf spot which is becoming a real problem here. Not a lot of odor yet. Starting to form buttons. Will hit a branch with some pollen from the male Chitrali that matured early about a month ago. Other plants this year are Tashqurghan from Baaba Qo and two Karakoram varieties from Landrace Genetics; I’ll post about those over on the Hashplant page.

IMG_0240.jpeg
IMG_0218.jpeg
IMG_0246.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts