What's new

Info on The Real Seed Company?

p59teitel

Ended up taking down the Chitrali on Friday. Zero botrytis found. I will jar some for flower and the rest will be hung up to make hash some cold night this winter. Already found a few random bagseeds, some are very small and are very dark so likely from the male Chitrali next to her that flowered very early (assume the larger ones are from the nearby Karakoram males). I left two selectively pollinated branches on the main stem and hope to get some good seeds from those.

Aside from moderate susceptibility to Septoria, the plants were easy keepers and I would definitely grow this strain again -

IMG_1217.jpeg
IMG_1218.jpeg
IMG_1219.jpeg
IMG_1220.jpeg

Old Piney

On the one hand it is exciting that we have so many landrace to explore, on the other hand it's kinda depressing as one always feels well... late and unfulfilled because you haven't completed all your projects.
I'm with you man ,I've grown Kumaoni but haven't successfully grown Nanda Devi. Next season I'm definitely gonna grow the rest of my Nanda devi seeds and you should pop some of those Kumaoni seeds. Just be sure you have some room it's a giant

Old Piney

Consider reproducing the landraces pure
Yes absolutely, that's always my fist priority. I like to do a controlled open pollination by collecting pollen from all the males mixing it and pollinating a few buds on all the females. I only exclude a plant if it's a obvious dud. This way you are preserving all the diversity. You might not know what you have until it's gone if you don't, It's quite likely that there are phenos that haven't expressed yet .I might start making selections as well