What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Airloom

Premium user
So here is what happened to this plant: I went on a vacation over Christmas and set up a blumat system that ran dry.

The Afghan mix had to most draught stress and shed it's leaves. The freak chunk in front was also stressed and made exactly one banana that pollinated the Afghan mix in the back. Gave me one seed that I will grow out next spring or summer.

PS File upload does not work, sorry
One seed, one female, one keeper 👨‍🌾

Dope.Dove

Any suggestions as to which of the thai varieties would work best indoors. With finished quality being the most
A squat pheno from the lao gold selection might work best, but any of them will grow good indoors given the right environment, I've heard people use the gas lantern (12:1) method, small pots, training, blue light and low N to keep them small but I havent tried it myself so I couldnt say it works for sure. this isnt 12:1 but here's an example of an interrupted night cycle to produce a more squat plant -> https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/night-light-interruption-cannabis-veg/

Last edited:

Airloom

Premium user
So here is what happened to this plant: I went on a vacation over Christmas and set up a blumat system that ran dry.

The Afghan mix had to most draught stress and shed it's leaves. The freak chunk in front was also stressed and made exactly one banana that pollinated the Afghan mix in the back. Gave me one seed that I will grow out next spring or summer.

PS File upload does not work, sorry
The attachment photo looks very dense. Nice work!!!!!!!!!

Cuddles

Hey guys, binged this whole thread and was an absolute treat! man I wish I could just buy everything Angus has to offer but my wallet wont allow me :(. Ive just received my order that I placed containing 17 afghan mix, Kumaoni, Cretan, Nanda devi, Lao Sa, kerala (12 packs). Cant wait to run these but I just have a few questions, I live in a very dry/hot Mediterranean climate, does anyone have experience with growing tropical Sativas and Himalayan strains in those sorts of climates? either way ill most definitely be purchasing a lot more Arid acclimatized strains, Ive already got another cart full :)
we´re in the same boat in this respect,lol. So many strains to try and so little.... ;)

Last edited:

Herbert Chickybaby

I was wondering if anyone has had this kind of thing happen, a plant maturing long before it is supposed to. This is the Lao Gold as of February 7 2024, I posted pics of the same plant a page back on this same topic a month ago. RSC says this is a 6 month germination to finish plant. She shed all of her fan leaves about two weeks ago, and as of yesterday there are almost entirely brown pistils. I checked the resin glands with a magnifier, hard to tell, but they look mostly clear but quite milky on some branches and even a very small amount of amber. However, as you can see, the small leaves are starting to turn yellow and brown. There were even more yellow leaves that I cleared away. Also there is more powdery mildew than yesterday, though very manageable still, just a tiny bit at this point.

If I didn't have this notion that they were 6 month plants, I'd take her down in the next few days. Seems weird though, 14 weeks only. Any suggestions or observations?
IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

1707297540952.jpeg

bleepboop

Looks pretty done. I think in situ these are a crop that takes that long but local weather, season and hours of light can be a deciding factor. they could easily be stressed by the new environment and triggered to finish quickly. I did some of the lao sa indoor and they were fairly quick compared to what i expected - circa 14-16 weeks. but equally i have had manipuri never actually look like it was going to finish and taken ukhrul to 20 weeks.

Herbert Chickybaby

Looks pretty done. I think in situ these are a crop that takes that long but local weather, season and hours of light can be a deciding factor. they could easily be stressed by the new environment and triggered to finish quickly. I did some of the lao sa indoor and they were fairly quick compared to what i expected - circa 14-16 weeks. but equally i have had manipuri never actually look like it was going to finish and taken ukhrul to 20 weeks.
Well, its pretty much in situ, these are growing in Thailand just across the river from Savanakhet where they are said to originate. I planted these at the end of September, so maybe they have some kind of SE Asia centric photoperiod thing happening where they automatically finish in February?

Zembretti

I was wondering if anyone has had this kind of thing happen, a plant maturing long before it is supposed to. This is the Lao Gold as of February 7 2024, I posted pics of the same plant a page back on this same topic a month ago. RSC says this is a 6 month germination to finish plant. She shed all of her fan leaves about two weeks ago, and as of yesterday there are almost entirely brown pistils. I checked the resin glands with a magnifier, hard to tell, but they look mostly clear but quite milky on some branches and even a very small amount of amber. However, as you can see, the small leaves are starting to turn yellow and brown. There were even more yellow leaves that I cleared away. Also there is more powdery mildew than yesterday, though very manageable still, just a tiny bit at this point.

If I didn't have this notion that they were 6 month plants, I'd take her down in the next few days. Seems weird though, 14 weeks only. Any suggestions or observations?
View attachment 18956476
View attachment 18956477
View attachment 18956478
View attachment 18956482
Hey that's great, did you pollinate a branch? A fast flowering South Asian sativa would be a gift to the world.

Herbert Chickybaby

Hey that's great, did you pollinate a branch? A fast flowering South Asian sativa would be a gift to the world.
No, I did not. It may only be that the plant is freaked out actually. Freaked out by the temperature swings we have been having between say upper 70's and days like yesterday and today where its 95 degrees. The plant may sense bad weather for buds is on the way. But I know what you mean, I had the same thoughts, wow maybe I have something special here. I still have about 8 seeds which could well be viable next season, so that would be something to consider, there may be more where this one came from.

Old Uncle Ben

View attachment 18956476
View attachment 18956477
View attachment 18956478
View attachment 18956482
Been using bloom foods, foods low in N?

I've seen more gardens screwed by that practice........

Old Uncle Ben

I've got one Kwik Seeds Afghani mix lady. Beautiful plant. Am going to dust her with some magic dust from an old 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90 macho man also from Kwik Seeds aka Real Seeds. Should be a great indica line.

Here's the lady Feb.1. I had just topped her main cola here. Being fed from start to finish - Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus. 15-9-12, 8-9 month release. Water, let mama nature take care of the rest.

Afghani topped Feb.1.jpg

Old Piney

I've got one Kwik Seeds Afghani mix lady. Beautiful plant. Am going to dust her with some magic dust from an old 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90 macho man also from Kwik Seeds aka Real Seeds. Should be a great indica line.

Here's the lady Feb.1. I had just topped her main cola here. Being fed from start to finish - Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus. 15-9-12, 8-9 month release. Water, let mama nature take care of the rest.

View attachment 18957123
Nice! be sure to post updates on her development

Herbert Chickybaby

Been using bloom foods, foods low in N?

I've seen more gardens screwed by that practice........
Thanks for chiming (ting a ling!) in Mr Old Uncle Ben's Rice, I've got the Micheline Tire Man here with me right now, we're having a few beers he says tell ole Uncle Bend I said hi!

I'm using a bat guano based brew during bloom phase which I used earlier in the year without any unusual results. Maybe though, eh?
What do you mean the gardens are screwed, what happens? What kind of bloom foods are people doing this to their gardens with. Another reason I avoid that kind of thing, the fancy fertilizers kind of thing, you can't trust people to sell you anything that's any good.

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

Thanks for chiming (ting a ling!) in Mr Old Uncle Ben's Rice, I've got the Micheline Tire Man here with me right now, we're having a few beers he says tell ole Uncle Bend I said hi!

I'm using a bat guano based brew during bloom phase which I used earlier in the year without any unusual results. Maybe though, eh?
What do you mean the gardens are screwed, what happens? What kind of bloom foods are people doing this to their gardens with. Another reason I avoid that kind of thing, the fancy fertilizers kind of thing, you can't trust people to sell you anything that's any good.

Folks that believe in this bloom food marketing hype end up screwing up the very thing that produces what they seek, bud. That's all I'm saying. If what you're doing works for you then good on ya. Keep on keeping on bratha.

Preserve the leaves for as long as you can - until harvest.

UncleBensExpressMexBud.jpg

Herbert Chickybaby

Folks that believe in this bloom food marketing hype end up screwing up the very thing that produces what they seek, bud. That's all I'm saying. If what you're doing works for you then good on ya. Keep on keeping on bratha.

View attachment 18957308
Yeah I'm still new to growing, this is my first year. I just assumed my plants needed a bit of help. Its just some local Thai farmer brand 3 dollars a liter for fruit and veggies and fruit trees. My other plants did not lose their leaves enmasse, I think the plant is simply just done, probably the weather. It was really hot yesterday and again today its cool and windy. Some plants i would think would just throw in the towel the resin glands saying that too, starting to turn all milky. Thanks for suggestion, I never heard that before, that bloom booster is a scam or whatever I can imagine its like the pharmceutical industry, the medicine they give you is what makes you sick. But also, this is just straight bat guano, just a dum bat sillouhette on the label which if its good should have a lot of nitrogen. Their idea of marketing around here is pretending they are out of stock and then finding the last one just for you.

Old Piney

View attachment 18957308
So I'm not following you here how is a little bat guano tea screwing up buds? Frankly, I'm not a fan of Osmocote, it's just straight-up chemical fertilizer with time release to provide the same dose the whole time. I use just good compost and worm castings from my wood pile with a little lime. It provides plenty of nutrients for flower later on .I do hit them with one or two doses of weak aged chicken manure tea early on ,right from my coop. not fancy and free

Old Uncle Ben

So I'm not following you here how is a little bat guano tea screwing up buds? Frankly, I'm not a fan of Osmocote, it's just straight-up chemical fertilizer with time release to provide the same dose the whole time. I use just good compost and worm castings from my wood pile with a little lime. It provides plenty of nutrients for flower later on .I do hit them with one or two doses of weak aged chicken manure tea early on ,right from my coop. not fancy and free
Never said a "little bat guano" screws up buds.

Osmocote is one of the finest well designed foods on the market used by pros mainly in the commercial nursery biz. I know what I'm giving my plants regarding proper nutrition. You don't, you're just hitting them with stuff willy nilly.

The "same dose" is what they get in a natural environment.

Uncle Ben

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts