What's new

Indian Landrace Exchange strains

musigny23

Remember the pics are of both #2 and #3 plants. In the 1st post of the "hot" zone plants I did say that the scents are very hard to describe because they aren't of a single easy smell like berry fruits or skunk.

As the Full Power catalogue puts it, "...(#2) shared a similar bouquet of aromas as found amongst most of the plants in the valley, which is quite difficult to put into words, however the best description for it would be to compare it with sharp smells such as ammonia or some of the other industrial cleaning products with sharp acrid smells."

Must agree that effectively describing the smell is difficult. I've found that each of my plants vary slightly from the the others and also that the scents shift a bit over time, so as I wrote in a post above, I'm going to wait till it's dried and trimmed to make my assessment of the smell. I've been involved with this in California since the 70s and in that time have come across pretty much every smell cannabis can emit. This is much less common. Especially since for a while now certain scents have been selected for over and over. The flowering plant scent of these isn't what would be thought of as "commercially appealing" which is fine but explains why it isn't common.

Rurumo

Remember the pics are of both #2 and #3 plants. In the 1st post of the "hot" zone plants I did say that the scents are very hard to describe because they aren't of a single easy smell like berry fruits or skunk.

As the Full Power catalogue puts it, "...(#2) shared a similar bouquet of aromas as found amongst most of the plants in the valley, which is quite difficult to put into words, however the best description for it would be to compare it with sharp smells such as ammonia or some of the other industrial cleaning products with sharp acrid smells."

Must agree that effectively describing the smell is difficult. I've found that each of my plants vary slightly from the the others and also that the scents shift a bit over time, so as I wrote in a post above, I'm going to wait till it's dried and trimmed to make my assessment of the smell. I've been involved with this in California since the 70s and in that time have come across pretty much every smell cannabis can emit. This is much less common. Especially since for a while now certain scents have been selected for over and over. The flowering plant scent of these isn't what would be thought of as "commercially appealing" which is fine but explains why it isn't common.
Thank you very much for trying to put it into words, I love coming across a strain that i can't quite describe. You've done a beautiful job with them.

Azure

Veteran
Kandahar Black mother out in the wild and her clone is safe in a garden.
A Kandahar Black Male was used to pollinate a Bubba Hash and is currently pollinating both mother and clone.

Mother
60EA4E10-82DA-4980-9FB4-66D69CE4D36C_1_105_c.jpeg

0E7ED0FB-5CB9-44FC-9AAB-CA4E0CD753FE_1_105_c.jpeg

Clone
04BEB4AA-1161-4218-A0EA-DB08EAC13BFA.jpeg

B61E5325-34C8-40E4-B5E3-DFF64620E2B7.jpeg

rolandomota

Veteran
Kandahar black is a @Afghan.landrace.seeds strain not indian landrace or red scare or tony green tortured beans I see some people not giving credit where it's due we love giving credit around here to the right person please stop giving credit to the wrong person and realize that their is a real person not scamming wants to start a seed company from Afghanistan bro that's so me serious balls my freind its things like this I think about when I also want to start a seed company of Mexican seed and my own creations what should I do? Hmmm

rolandomota

Veteran
I'm not totally against people making seeds and I am of the mind that if I grew it then its mine bro and I guess in the end actions speak louder than typing

Last edited:

kaboom777

Veteran
I just posted about two of four Hopar Valley plants in the sunny hot zone of my garden. Here are the two (one #2 and a #3) over in the shorter sun slightly cooler zone. They're getting very close to finished but I'm letting them max out. I think these two happen to be a bit closer to photos in the Full Power catalogue than the other two. On the east side of my property, my neighbors trees block or filter morning sun on these till mid day. That might be a bit like how things are in the Hopar where Karakoram mountain peaks block direct sun till well after sunrise.

This is the other #2. The #2s both confirmed sex slightly ahead of the #3s and got slightly better spots in the garden. This one looks more like the catalog photos. The top colas are beefy on this one. Also the bud bracts have color. The other two plants have less color so as usual cooler temps bring out colors. This one also has a more spare structure. Fewer branches but the largest colas.

6SSXAUh.jpg

These are bud close ups of this one. Maturation is a bit uneven as some buds have more new pistils than others, especially at the top tip. If you look down the branches at the lower buds, all those are done. Pretty much no new white pistils lower down the branches. So I'd say this one could be taken but I'm going to leave it just a little longer. Seems like it's adding some weight at the tops. Classic broad leaf structure and colors although this valley is quite some distance from the most of Afghanistan and it's legendary broad leaf areas.

Uuw3jQ4.jpg

bLxndQC.jpg

This is the other #3 and it's quite different from the one in the fabric pot in the sunny hot zone. Last to confirm sex and in the spot that gets the least direct sun. You can see it's at the edge of the garden by the trees. It's the last to see clear direct rays as the day progresses. This happens to be a very late afternoon photo. I wonder how this one would have been in a better spot? It's fine but would it have been much larger? Very "hashplant" in size and structure. Simple branching, nicely stacked buds of the sort people look and breed for. Some buds have few new pistils and some are still producing new ones but it's very close I think. I tend to go for almost no new white pistil production to declare full "ripeness" but it taken now, I doubt anyone would be calling it premature.

5ceZee7.jpg

This is the main stem top. Still swelling with growth I'd say but getting there. Like the one next to it, lower down the buds aren't really putting out new pistils but I think some bract swelling is happening. Maybe this is the unexpected winner? Since I have no indoor space and don't grow indoors, I can't and don't take cuts to have once I see each seed's phenotype. I just can't deal with that but I certainly have seen some truly great phenos pass through. I've tried to get people to take and preserve cuts but they always have their own thing they're more interested in which is usually some sort of trendy super polyhybrid with a silly name

tzGP8CW.jpg
Thanks brother for the report, very complete. So sad nobody wanted the cuts, I see potential in all of them, great work brother, and thanks again for the contribution.

Azure

Veteran
Kandahar black is a @Afghan.landrace.seeds strain not indian landrace or red scare or tony green tortured beans I see some people not giving credit where it's due we love giving credit around here to the right person please stop giving credit to the wrong person and realize that their is a real person not scamming wants to start a seed company from Afghanistan bro that's so me serious balls my freind its things like this I think about when I also want to start a seed company of Mexican seed and my own creations what should I do? Hmmm

We have DurandLineProject_2020 from Indian Landrace website: https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com/portfolios/durandlineproject_2020/
I'm calling the Afghan Landrace man Taden Khan because that's what his email reads.
Taden Khan must have been a seed collector for Indian Landrace Exchange during the Durand Line Project.

Maruf, Kandahar (Farm#2)
The farmer Haji Agha Khan (on right) who owns this particular farm pictured with Taden Khan. (Pics from Durand Line Project on Indian landrace website.)
du70.jpg

du75.jpg

Indian Landrace Exchange Instagram:
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 8.52.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 9.07.42 AM.png

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I didn’t give credit to any wrong person. I bought 9 white premie seeds for 300 bucks, the most I ever paid from seeds and I made more, (ripe ones) but I selected 2 black plants out of all the green and did a 1:1 cross so people can grow them.

You boys can keep me out of your controversy, I done nothin wrong.

NOREGRETZ

I just posted about two of four Hopar Valley plants in the sunny hot zone of my garden. Here are the two (one #2 and a #3) over in the shorter sun slightly cooler zone. They're getting very close to finished but I'm letting them max out. I think these two happen to be a bit closer to photos in the Full Power catalogue than the other two. On the east side of my property, my neighbors trees block or filter morning sun on these till mid day. That might be a bit like how things are in the Hopar where Karakoram mountain peaks block direct sun till well after sunrise.

This is the other #2. The #2s both confirmed sex slightly ahead of the #3s and got slightly better spots in the garden. This one looks more like the catalog photos. The top colas are beefy on this one. Also the bud bracts have color. The other two plants have less color so as usual cooler temps bring out colors. This one also has a more spare structure. Fewer branches but the largest colas.

6SSXAUh.jpg

These are bud close ups of this one. Maturation is a bit uneven as some buds have more new pistils than others, especially at the top tip. If you look down the branches at the lower buds, all those are done. Pretty much no new white pistils lower down the branches. So I'd say this one could be taken but I'm going to leave it just a little longer. Seems like it's adding some weight at the tops. Classic broad leaf structure and colors although this valley is quite some distance from the most of Afghanistan and it's legendary broad leaf areas.

Uuw3jQ4.jpg

bLxndQC.jpg

This is the other #3 and it's quite different from the one in the fabric pot in the sunny hot zone. Last to confirm sex and in the spot that gets the least direct sun. You can see it's at the edge of the garden by the trees. It's the last to see clear direct rays as the day progresses. This happens to be a very late afternoon photo. I wonder how this one would have been in a better spot? It's fine but would it have been much larger? Very "hashplant" in size and structure. Simple branching, nicely stacked buds of the sort people look and breed for. Some buds have few new pistils and some are still producing new ones but it's very close I think. I tend to go for almost no new white pistil production to declare full "ripeness" but it taken now, I doubt anyone would be calling it premature.

5ceZee7.jpg

This is the main stem top. Still swelling with growth I'd say but getting there. Like the one next to it, lower down the buds aren't really putting out new pistils but I think some bract swelling is happening. Maybe this is the unexpected winner? Since I have no indoor space and don't grow indoors, I can't and don't take cuts to have once I see each seed's phenotype. I just can't deal with that but I certainly have seen some truly great phenos pass through. I've tried to get people to take and preserve cuts but they always have their own thing they're more interested in which is usually some sort of trendy super polyhybrid with a silly name

tzGP8CW.jpg
please share a smoke report, i was interested in the #5 selection, these strains seem much better to me than the ones from balochistan

NOREGRETZ

We have DurandLineProject_2020 from Indian Landrace website: https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com/portfolios/durandlineproject_2020/
I'm calling the Afghan Landrace man Taden Khan because that's what his email reads.
Taden Khan must have been a seed collector for Indian Landrace Exchange during the Durand Line Project.

Maruf, Kandahar (Farm#2)
The farmer Haji Agha Khan (on right) who owns this particular farm pictured with Taden Khan. (Pics from Durand Line Project on Indian landrace website.)
View attachment 18762424

View attachment 18762412

Indian Landrace Exchange Instagram:
View attachment 18762425

View attachment 18762427
ile made a publication where they distance themselves from taden khan, apparently he is a scammer. and he was just an intermediary in the durandline project

Latest posts

Latest posts