What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

In 2014, Pot States Will Be Growing Like Weeds

HUGE

Veteran
Not rescheduled. Removed from the schedule completely. Its about freeing the plant. Any schedule is going to come with restrictions on tue plant. Its about freedom.

bigAl25

Veteran
In spite of all this progress, and it is progress, we need to stop sending people to jail and prison over ganja. Even if it becomes legal where I live I will not stop growing my own, I like doing it too much. Small room, few lights, fans, organic soil and good seeds. Hell I may not pay for ganja the rest of my like. I like that thought, and I bet a lot of you fellow growers do too. Peace, respect and more damn progress to come. Bob Marley and Pete Tosh would be proud of us. Hell Willie even wrote a song about home grown. Love that guy too.

bigAl25

Veteran
No fucking spell check, damn. My life, not like. sorry dudes and dudettes. Oh is that spell check trying to correct dude ettes?

Jhhnn

Veteran
We all agree that the best option would be to remove it from Schedule 1 completely. That's all we have to do, no new laws, no governments coming to your house or garden, just take it out of schedule 1 and all is solved.

But until that day happens we have to do it this way.

Colorado is not perfect (nothing is short of full on rescheduling), but it's a damned good start.

No one is saying to stop fighting to have it rescheduled, just that the fight has evolved and so should we

I think rescheduling is a technicality at this point. It ceased to matter when the feds tolerated MMJ at all. Hell, they have MMJ in DC by an act of Congress.

I figure the way to change that is to change the reality around it, which exactly what's happening in Colorado. Went right past it like it was chained to the guardrail, didn't even let off the accelerator pedal. Now we're rollin' down the other side of the pass.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think rescheduling is a technicality at this point. It ceased to matter when the feds tolerated MMJ at all. Hell, they have MMJ in DC by an act of Congress.

I figure the way to change that is to change the reality around it, which exactly what's happening in Colorado. Went right past it like it was chained to the guardrail, didn't even let off the accelerator pedal. Now we're rollin' down the other side of the pass.

Rescheduling is more than just a technicality when it comes to scientific research. Schedule 1 means human studies aren't allowed unless approved by the National Institute on Drug Abuse. They purposely allow only those studies they think will show the dangers of marijuana. Rescheduling (or full legalization) will allow clinical human trials demonstrating the cancer fighting effects of cannabinoids, for one thing.

Colorado is really leading the way when it comes to legalization. The federal prohibition laws will go away at some point, but until then it's up to the states to legalize. More and more people will support legalization when they see the "reefer madness" predictions just aren't coming true in Colorado and Washington.

Boscoe

You have been a member for a year and this is your first post? I'm guessing this is a secondary account for someone. .... If sick of pasifists lioe you telling those of us who are actually paying attention to be happy with what you have. Stoo making waves. To you I say its better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I guess that's what I get for not starting my post with "long time lurker, first time poster".

I don't know where you get off calling me all that retarded pacifist bullshit, I guess some people just can't be happy unless they're ranting, apoplectic and generally fucking miserable. Seems like a lot of drama to me.

My POINT was that YES, there is a LOOOONG way to go, nobody is saying lay down and die or settle for what we've got, but there's no reason to not be happy about the progress we're making. We've got 70 years of Reefer Madness to undo and billions of dollars in people's salaries attached to the "war on drugs" to wean them off of.

I guess some of us have a more developed sense of reality and know that things take time to get done right and that all those teenage fantasies about burning shit down and revolution just aren't realistic.

I just think it's idiotic to react to a major step like Colorado by ranting about how it's all meaningless and we're slaves and all that rancid conspiracy shit. This was a positive event, man, why are you smearing your feces all over it?

HUGE

Veteran
Im smearing feces on you not on colorado. What rancid conspiracy stuff are you refering to? Im not bashing what colorado did im bashing all the fucking retards who would be willing to trade their cow for a glass of milk.
I guess that's what I get for not starting my post with "long time lurker, first time poster".

I don't know where you get off calling me all that retarded pacifist bullshit, I guess some people just can't be happy unless they're ranting, apoplectic and generally fucking miserable. Seems like a lot of drama to me.

My POINT was that YES, there is a LOOOONG way to go, nobody is saying lay down and die or settle for what we've got, but there's no reason to not be happy about the progress we're making. We've got 70 years of Reefer Madness to undo and billions of dollars in people's salaries attached to the "war on drugs" to wean them off of.

I guess some of us have a more developed sense of reality and know that things take time to get done right and that all those teenage fantasies about burning shit down and revolution just aren't realistic.

I just think it's idiotic to react to a major step like Colorado by ranting about how it's all meaningless and we're slaves and all that rancid conspiracy shit. This was a positive event, man, why are you smearing your feces all over it?

Latest posts

Latest posts