What's new

Immature buds - What to do?

Immature buds - What to do?

• Rosin (Hair straightener)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nexus7

I had quite a few branches snap off prematurely in strong winds. The strain is Congo black ix from Snowhigh seeds. She was about 4-5 weeks into flower from first pistil. It's mostly leaf & tip (pistils) with a little calyx which does has some small clear trichs.

Just wondering what you guys would do with this kind of starting material?

I'm looking for solventless extraction with items I already have at hand. I don't have any experience with rosin or hand rubbing hash but happy to give them a go. The material does have a little stickiness so hand rubbing should be ok. It's not really possible to remove the excess leaf in a timely manner so not sure if that rules rosin out. It's currently fresh material but can dry out for seiveing.

I mostly just looking to get an early taste so not concerned about yield. But at least one decent sized hit would be nice ...
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220402_192030.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	18115951
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220402_192052.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	18115952

Nexus7

If you have a Tumble Now why not use it?

I would probably cook with it. And for the "early taste" just put some of the little calyxes in a pipe or vape.

My main reason not to use the tumble now would be because the trichs are so small and so few. I'm not sure I'd get enough yield for one decent hit.

I think if I hand rubbed it I might get enough for a decent hit since I did get some gum on my fingers and scissors when trimming it down.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The hot press techniques are not ideal where there is little to extract. I was looking and it seemed even my finished outdoors wouldn't give up much. Though I'm not exactly in California here

From what I see... scissors

Nexus7

The hot press techniques are not ideal where there is little to extract. I was looking and it seemed even my finished outdoors wouldn't give up much. Though I'm not exactly in California here

From what I see... scissors

Yeah I'll probably pass on the rosin idea. I did try once with some local commercial beaster type garbage and literally got nothing.

So down to either thru the tumbler or hand rub.

Decisions, decisions ... 🤔

NEVLU

Im guessing the weed is processed by now but i found that coocking with strong spices other herbs and a little coconut oil will bring potency even from leaves
I can give recipe for a tom yum (Thai) soup that made me high for 3 days from leaf taken before flowering

Dabbert Globberfield

It's funny, I was just looking around about posting a thing I did. Cause I... uh... did a thing, and it lines up with your post.

So, I have a rosin press and I kept wondering about all the baby flower shoots I cut that wont make it to canopy. Cause they are sticky. So I did it. I did it for science and for the world. I mean, who doesn't love pre-trimming work before the trimming begins...
054413304.jpg

I'm talking like baby baby early flower cause that's when I had the most shoots collected after a defoliation.
063250130.jpg 063337970.jpg

I did nothing special at all. I mean I cleaned 'em up, cut off their heads, let em dry, completely, on a plate in open air for a while.

050042199.jpg

I think I pressed in a 160micron bag. This is by far the lightest color dab I have ever pressed out.

051157502.jpg 051649537.jpg 052218023.jpg
There is no smell on it really. Smells like fresh baby weed kind of. Has no flavor at all and is an extremely light feel on the hit. I got a strange high, it was all in my head and lived behind my eyes and in my jaw. But wasn't worth anything more than novelty. It was hilarious and I couldn't tell if I was giggling because of how absurd what I just did was or if I was just really oddly high and laughing at nothing.

If live resin / rosin is from fresh harvested, this is fetal rosin. It's that veal dab

Latest posts

Latest posts