What's new

I pray to the weed gods, no more hard purple stems.

Steve rogers

Hi weed gods, I did what you asked. I raised the lights and turned down the intensity. I flushed my soil and re amended. I raised the temps from 77 to 83 for veg. I know your going to bless me with soft green stems and luscious foliage.
20240812_214814.jpg
20240812_214810.jpg

Last edited:

Airloom

Premium user
Hi weed gods, I did what you asked. I raised the lights and turned down the intensity. I flushed my soil and re amended. I raised the temps from 77 to 83 for veg. I know your going to bless me with soft green stems and luscious foliage.
The foliage looks luscious and I believe those are AC infinity bags (10 gallon?) I’ve been pretty impressed with them myself; not floppy and a lot easier to clean up at turnaround time…..

I thought stem color was largely genetics……

I have had issues with stem color due to nutrient issues like low nitrogen with heavy feeders so I am curious and thinking I might learn something here……

Everything looks great to me

👨‍🌾

Steve rogers

The foliage looks luscious and I believe those are AC infinity bags (10 gallon?) I’ve been pretty impressed with them myself; not floppy and a lot easier to clean up at turnaround time…..

I thought stem color was largely genetics……

I have had issues with stem color due to nutrient issues like low nitrogen with heavy feeders so I am curious and thinking I might learn something here……

Everything looks great to me

👨‍🌾
Thanks. Those bigger plants are from seed and were started in new soil.(bas lite soil)but just got tranferred to my pottibg soil, they are doing great. The smaller plants are from clone and those moms were turning woody just before I took cuts. They moms and clones l are woody now, although they might be bouncing back after I re potted them. Time will tell. I feel like I checked all the boxes this time so hopefully this grow is easy peasy.

Steve rogers

Do you have a circulation fan in there? I only ask because a nice breeze helps the stems no end.
And as @William76 says above, I’ve heard purple stems can be a sign of magnesium deficiency… also heard it said that leds make the plants use more magnesium :tiphat:
Yes I have two ac infinity fans now and plan on buying a third circulation fan soon. There is also a 6 in intake fan bringing air in. Lots of circulation.

Steve rogers

These are some moms I have. They are both hard an woody although the one on the left has some green soft growth while the one on the right has hard woody purple stems all over. They were recently transplanted and the lights dimmed down. Also raised my temps to 82. Let's see if this helps.
20240812_214835.jpg

Last edited:

Gone Camping

Veteran
These are some moms I have. They are both hard an woody although the one on the left has some green soft growth while the one on the right has hard woody purple stems all over. They were recently transplanted and the lights dimmed down. Also raised my temps to 82. Let's see if this helps.

I'm pretty new to holding mom's, and have experienced woody plants that are tough to clone.

Up potting, watching ph closely at feeding and letting them reach for lights softens them up. Iv got a Chem 91 that doesn't take much to get fussy.. I did just put to flower.

Steve rogers

I'm pretty new to holding mom's, and have experienced woody plants that are tough to clone.

Up potting, watching ph closely at feeding and letting them reach for lights softens them up. Iv got a Chem 91 that doesn't take much to get fussy.. I did just put to flower.

Same here, I'm trying to lock in my process of keeping mom's and taking cuts. I have never been too successful at it. But this cut of cookie wreck i found seems too good to let go. So here I am trying my best to keep cuts.

Steve rogers

So far everything is looking good. My cookie wreck clones are growing and seem to be coming out of the purple stems. The other two moms I have are also slowly turning green. Temps around 84 And lights at 40%. Just fed a tea with fresh coconut water, grandmas molasses, og bio war, and store bought worm casting. Only issue is the seeds on the left are outgrowing the clones on the right. So I topped and did some lst to slow them down. I'll flip as soon as the left side is ready. The right side will be a little slim.
745989863.jpg
745989872.jpg
745989915.jpg

Last edited:

Steve rogers

2 weeks of veg. I gave a compost tea last week with fresh coconut water and mollases. Og bio warned a handful of worm casting. The plants response was beautiful. Everything is going great. I have some purple leafe stems but I always see that. I raised the lights again. 1 more week of veg and then flip.
For those interested the strains im growing are cookie wreck from clone, a bag seed from my last grow of archive lemongl g x dosido. Some ocifer from brothers grim and some more bag seed of a lovely haze i grew a last year. I accidentally mixed up the haze seed and the ocifer so i have no idiea whats what. This is in recycled living soil amended with bas 3.o and earth worm castingand home made compost.
20240826_202918.jpg
20240826_202920.jpg

driver77

420club
2 weeks of veg. I gave a compost tea last week with fresh coconut water and mollases. Og bio warned a handful of worm casting. The plants response was beautiful. Everything is going great. I have some purple leafe stems but I always see that. I raised the lights again. 1 more week of veg and then flip.
For those interested the strains im growing are cookie wreck from clone, a bag seed from my last grow of archive lemongl g x dosido. Some ocifer from brothers grim and some more bag seed of a lovely haze i grew a last year. I accidentally mixed up the haze seed and the ocifer so i have no idiea whats what. This is in recycled living soil amended with bas 3.o and earth worm castingand home made compost.
View attachment 19054918 View attachment 19054919
Looking good!
Noticed your fan looks like the old AC infinity S6's and wanted to make sure you were aware they will ship you brand new ones for free.

Steve rogers

yeah....they redesigned it and considered the first version below par. Just contact their customer service with your purchase #'s and they will ship you out as many as you have. Keep the old ones too. I just got 3 new ones.
The new ones are a much better design for oscillation.
Thanks for the lnfo

Steve rogers

20240902_205016.jpg
20240902_204836.jpg
my cookie wreck clones seem to have grown out of the purple stems. Nowthey just have purple streaks in the stems. It's a little worrisome but we should be okay. Today I topped dressed, turned the lights up to 50% and raised them again. Then I flipped the timer so tonight is the first day of flower.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The purple lines going up your stems are a slight P deficiency. Don't chase it, it's too late, just add some a few weeks earlier next round. The stems issue, air movement blowing plants around causes harder stems. Reduce the internal swaying. Also, don't add any Si or it will get worse.

Latest posts

Latest posts