What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I need a confirmation

solcanario

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
Hi everyone,

I have a very bad eye for recognizing problems/deficiency.

The leaf shown on the pictures are the latest growth

Are both of these cases cal-mag deficiency? or totally another problem?

case 1: little discoloration, almost like irregular and light "stains"

View attachment 19071728 View attachment 19071729

case 2: yellowing between vein

View attachment 19071731

thanks for your help!
Looks like mg and ca deficiency to me. Leaf get yellow but the veins are still green. Overall spotty looking and i see a few necrosis spots.

Rocket Soul

It looks like top leaves are paler but with more red in their stems; this would lead me to think about something lighting related (too much light for too low temps, and too little nutes being eaten by the plant due to missing transpiration), especially if OP is growing with leds.

leetdood

It looks like top leaves are paler but with more red in their stems; this would lead me to think about something lighting related (too much light for too low temps, and too little nutes being eaten by the plant due to missing transpiration), especially if OP is growing with leds.
I agree but I think there's a lot going on there to be honest. Might have to tackle one issue at a time to isolate them all.

I Care

flood to waste with correction solution
missing essential minerals equates to missed functions in cell development
raise light length of a small finger

provide a list of materials if possible
any measurements you've taken

I agree but I think there's a lot going on there to be honest. Might have to tackle one issue at a time to isolate them all.
Full blown jacks tomato feed 1200ppm

Ca++

It's no particular deficiency. Cannabis can grow on a wide range of feeds, so anything made for the job, should be fine. Perhaps there is just not enough, or it's too cold. There is nothing I can add that's not already been said. We need the numbers from you. To see where you are drifting from the program. After which we can look at the outside chances, if we can't see the problem in the initial figures.
Temp, RH, EC, pH, Substrate and lighting, if you know.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The plant above is showing chlorophyll decline.

Magnesium (Mg) is an essential nutrient for a wide array of fundamental physiological and biochemical processes in plants. It largely involves chlorophyll synthesis, production, transportation, and utilization of photoassimilates, enzyme activation, and protein synthesis.

Chlorophyll synthesis is the process by which plants produce chlorophyll, a pigment that absorbs light and converts it into chemical energy. Chlorophyll is the primary pigment in plant cells, and is responsible for the green color of leaves.
google.

acespicoli

Chlorosis is a condition that causes leaves or needles to turn yellow or abnormally light green due to a lack of chlorophyll. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including:

• Nutrient deficiencies: A lack of iron, manganese, or zinc can cause chlorosis. These deficiencies can be caused by soil alkalinity, poor drainage, or compacted soil.

• Pests and diseases: Chlorosis can be caused by viruses, insects, mites, or nematodes.

• Environmental factors: Chlorosis can be caused by injury from alkali, fertilizer, air pollution, or cold.

• Cultural problems: Over-watering or over-fertilizing can cause chlorosis.

• Natural growth: In some cases, chlorosis is a normal part of a plant's growth cycle.
Symptoms of chlorosis include:

• Leaves turning yellow, especially in the middle, but not the veins
    • In severe cases, leaves may turn brown and die
    • Symptoms can affect isolated branches or the entire plant

Yes, chlorosis, which is the yellowing of plant leaves, can be caused by viruses; it's a common symptom of viral infection in plants, often appearing as mosaic patterns, mottling, or streaks on the leaves due to disrupted chlorophyll production within the plant cells affected by the virus.

Key points about chlorosis and viruses:
    • Mechanism: Viruses interfere with the normal functioning of chloroplasts, the organelles responsible for photosynthesis, leading to reduced chlorophyll production and the yellowing of leaves.

• Visible symptoms: Besides uniform yellowing, viral chlorosis can manifest as mosaic patterns, ringspots, streaks, or mottling depending on the specific virus and host plant.

• Examples of viruses causing chlorosis: Cucumber mosaic virus, Tomato chlorosis virus, Tobacco mosaic virus.
    :thinking: AI just need to ask the correct questions...not too shabby, very search engine like...

• This is not a claim just a reference

Saturated Media Extract (SME)​

The Saturated Media Extract is a water extract of the entire media sample. No attempt is made to sieve the sample before analysis. A representative sample of the media is wetted with deionized water until water just barely stands on the surface. The mixture is allowed to equilibrate for 90 minutes and then filtered under suction.
    The filtrate is analyzed for important plant nutrients: Nitrate and ammonia are determined by colorimetry, and phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, molydenum, and boron are analyzed by ICP-OES. Results are reported as ppm (mg/L) in the media extract. Electrical conductivity is also determined on the filtrate.
    Media pH is determined on a separate 10-cc subsample that is wetted with 10 mL of deionized water, allowed to stand for 15 minutes, and then measured on a Mettler Toledo Seven-Multi pH meter with an InLab Routine Pro combination electrode
This may be helpful in self evaluating your conditions, many unknown factors here...
Is this seed or clone? Do you smoke tobacco ? Is your grow organic or hydro ?
What is your fertilizer regimen ?

Last edited:

solcanario

Hi guys,

Sorry for late reply and thanks for your considerations. it's really appreciated

I'm growing in soil and recently transplanted them in bigger pots from the small 1LT pot

Temps around 29C day, 24C at night RH around 65%
I don't measure EC, I use RO water, the PH is around 6,5
Ferts BAC organics
LED 680w at half power, 55cm from top leaves

I mostly follow the reccomended dosis for ferts.
2 water+ferts 1 time water+calmag . I've been doing this for a year now, since I use the BAC ferts and I never had a problem
Those are clones that rooted 2 weeks ago, I have probably forgot to water them with cal-mag the past week, that explains it

Case 1 may look like a bug infestation but I can guarantee that there are no bugs there....I use different products to keep them bug free and I check regularly
What is this weird discoloration?

All your theories are very appreciated, I can only learn form it. Any advice is very welcome!

thankssss

Last edited:

Tom Kha Gai

...The deficiency looks to be pH related.
This was also my first thought. I guess what you see in the upper leaves is the precursor to what the lower leaves look like in the background. If the pH value is too low, the plant can no longer absorb various nutrients, especially calcium and magnesium.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi guys,

Sorry for late reply and thanks for your considerations. it's really appreciated

I'm growing in soil and recently transplanted them in bigger pots from the small 1LT pot

Temps around 29C day, 24C at night RH around 65%
I don't measure EC, I use RO water, the PH is around 6,5
Ferts BAC organics
LED 680w at half power, 55cm from top leaves

I mostly follow the reccomended dosis for ferts.
2 water+ferts 1 time water+calmag . I've been doing this for a year now, since I use the BAC ferts and I never had a problem
Those are clones that rooted 2 weeks ago, I have probably forgot to water them with cal-mag the past week, that explains it

Case 1 may look like a bug infestation but I can guarantee that there are no bugs there....I use different products to keep them bug free and I check regularly
What is this weird discoloration?

All your theories are very appreciated, I can only learn form it. Any advice is very welcome!

thankssss
I would take a closer look. All the leaves I zoom in on look like small white bugs and some darker ones, also PM.