What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I like my balcony green

doublezero

Good day :)

Just a few pictures, everything is going well I guess. My new soil mix will be the base for future grows. Right now I am also testing a variant. The contents are standard potting soil, perlite, zeolith, lava, bims, black earth, sheep's wool, worm castings, trichoderma, mykorrhiza.

See About me for info on "my" plants.

35, re-potted lately, now in 7 gal, plant @ 10 weeks, still removing some larvae here and there, final phase of stretching
35_20240812.jpg

34, some nice pistil colors, buds really getting scary dense
34_pistils_20240807.jpg

Tangerine Dream auto @ 6 weeks, did not expect it to get that big, but ok :)
TDA_20240812.jpg

Euforia @ 6 weeks
E_20240812.jpg

Some insects drop pollen on my plants regularly
pollen.jpg

1 @ ~3 weeks, only in 1 gal new soilmix, may upgrade to bigger container, first leaf with 3 fingers? never seen that
1_20240812.jpg

doublezero

So, my biggest plant (which is just too big for my balcony) is degenerating hard but that's ok.
I have some Canna still somewhere and will apply it as a last resort. I think she is ready when the last
leaf falls off the stem :D and will make some cobs of her.

My bushy plant meanwhile developed some bud rot here and there, which I could remove. So far it does not seem to be widespread. She only receives kinda emergency watering atm.

The Tangerine Dream (to the right) is still unfolding and has a really nice structure.
34_17_TDA_20240817.jpg

The 1 is growing fast with big leaves, saw first hairs, also saw some thripse.
1_20240818.jpg

My 35 reached her final position under the roof and despite the fact that I did not really want another big plant this one structure I love. No more unwanted guests have been seen lately.
35_20240817.jpg

doublezero

Meanwhile I chopped my biggest plant. Never ever would this plant have survived another 6-8 weeks.
It was also herming and the buds are lightly seeded. 50% of the seeds look ready. I doubt I will use them as I have so many seeds but they will find their way into my stash.
17_seeds.jpg

I rubbed some charas and it was surprisingly strong. The rest I will use for some infused ghee.
charas.jpg

Now, as the big plant is gone I rearranged my plants. Here are the 3 bigger ones. The biggest plant has
been repotted from 2gal to 7gal 2 weeks ago. That should be ok.
35_34_TDA20240823.jpg

The other 3 plants - my "number 1" with very big leaves, which are very thin also, repotted from 1gal to 7gal (70% filled, out of soil :D). My revegged plant (number 2) looks ok and I will repot it also soon.
1_2_E_20240823.jpg

As it is my first outdoor season I am wondering how long those plants can go with dropping temperatures.
I mean, I am sure about my "number 1" taking a long time for flowering. But the regular, bought seeds as
the Euphoria did not even start flowering. She will need around 2 months and that will be beginning of November.

See About me for info on "my" plants.

How long do you / can you flower outdoors in central germany?

doublezero

Shake it baby

That flexible bamboo seems to be able to absorb quite some force and it gives it back too.

doublezero

Just a few flower shots. I check this plant often for brown spots in the buds. So far there is no progression in an assumed bud rot. Watering is still on minimum level. I can imagine she is ready in about 2 weeks maybe?

Attachments

• 34_center_20240826.jpg
    34_center_20240826.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 34_bottom_20240826.jpg
    34_bottom_20240826.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • 34_top_20240826.jpg
    34_top_20240826.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31

doublezero

The Euphoria is starting to take off, finally. I repotted her recently.
E_20240829.jpg

My revegged plant. I really liked it. It built some serious resin early on and the smell was citrus/mint. I could not flower her to the end last time indoors so I am curious how this herb will be once cured. I hope I can finish this plant outdoor. It takes 8-10 weeks I presume.
2_reveg_20240829.jpg

doublezero

Ripening plant front/back, 5ft tall, 5 months old, 7gal
Unfortunately I discovered spider mites. So, I should harvest, right?
Those mites can web my plant in no time, can't they?

Attachments

• 34_ripening_back_20240830.jpg
    34_ripening_back_20240830.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • 34_ripening_front_20240829.jpg
    34_ripening_front_20240829.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

doublezero

When this plant unfolds I will need the space currently covered by the ripening plant. I hope it will make it. It got attacked by aphids in the beginning and now spider mites are crawling on my balcony. Probably it got started on another plant (non-cannabis) which got 20% webbed over night.

6,5ft tall, 3 months old, 7gal
35_20240830.jpg

doublezero

I brushed all leaves I could of this plant, both sides, with a soap/E500/vinegar liquid hoping to chase the spider mites. So far there is no more visible damage, will check every few hours.

doublezero

As expected, the center plant is growing big fast, stretching for another few days I guess.

Attachments

• 2_1_E_20240902.jpg
    2_1_E_20240902.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12

doublezero

Good day,

the whitefly population is growing, have to check for this too now.
Here is some leaf-p*rn if you are into big leaves. I see a triple serration on one leaf, whatever that means.

Attachments

• 20240903_174305.jpg
    20240903_174305.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240903_174202.jpg
    20240903_174202.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240903_174254.jpg
    20240903_174254.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10

doublezero

Well, a few things changed
- the plant from this post has been chopped due to more pollen sacks developing;
- the plant from this post has been harvested which was the right decision due to progressing bud rot, not too much had been thrown away
- the revegged plant from this post (2nd pic) has been put inside to check with my new tent setup (will have a thread seperately)

The harvested plant (34) has very balanced effects and I could not detect any negative side effects. I am guessing that the EU hemp variety with its CBD content had its impact on this cross. This could already be seen by the structure of the plant which was similar to the EU hemp variety. I wish I could describe the smell. Maybe once the herb has cured for some weeks I can.

As you can see there is plenty of leaf material (too much, hehe).

Part of the harvest I will spend on some edibles for a relative who suffers from a stroke (hemiplegic).
He reported from some hash brownies he tried that he was able to move parts of his body which are otherwise permanently tense. However he did not like the effect. I am curious how this "medicine" will work for him.

At harvest time there was still tons of new growth inside the buds but overall the ripeness seems to be ok.

34_many_leaves.jpg 34_cola_drying.jpg 34_cola_pre-trimmed.jpg 34_bud2.jpg 34_buds_curing.jpg
---
The Tangerine Dream auto will be harvested in the coming days.
TDA_20240916.jpg

---
My 35 is in a too small pot with too weak soil, will correct this next year :D
I will be feeding her some organic fertilizer to help her survive. She seems to flower quick.
Right beside is the RQS Euphoria. Unfortunately she started to flower 1 month later than I expected. Let's see how she likes shitty weather in October :)
35_E_20240917.jpg

Attachments

• 34_bud.jpg
    34_bud.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

doublezero

Yesterday it was stormy all day and rainy in the second half of the day. The branches are heavy and one lower 3ft branch just got ripped off by the wind.

A whole lot of pistils turned orange after being hit hard. I wish this would be an accelerator for flowering :D

Some pics before the storm
35_before_storm.jpg

35_top_before_storm.jpg

Some pics after the storm
35_after_storm.jpg

35_top_after_storm.jpg

35_bud.jpg

---
Here's a pic of the harvested, meanwhile dried and in jars, Tangerine Dream auto.
TDA.jpg

doublezero

35_E_20241008.jpg

Buds on the left plant are swelling and getting their shape. Until now no mold detected. Go baby go :)

I have to think about supporting some more of the branches.

35_branch_20241008.jpg

Here is the top of the Euphoria plant.
E_top_20241008.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts