What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

I Bought an Ounce in Michigan for $39!

LostTribe

Premium user
I could sure use a $39 sack of the old mexi brick about now. Has to be the fire green though not the brown frown if you know what I mean. Not too many seeds just the right amount.

Anybody got that pink tint fluffy white seeded cedar mex? Wish I had kept some of those seeds. Shit would set you on cloud 10.

Brother Nature

I wish I kept the seeds from those mex bricks we used to get.

It's really sad the way this thread went, but it's indicative of how a lot of these forum discussions go these days. I've been a member here a long time and I didn't post for a long time because I was here to learn. I waited until I could post a journal I was proud of, show what I'd learned. Earning my stripes, so to say. That hasn't seemed to impress on this privileged, modern, generation of legal growers. I mean, there are guys on this site that started our industry, helped guide cannabis towards the legalization we have today and continue to blaze trails in this industry, legal and not, guys and girls who have been growing and learning about cannabis since my parents were smoking their first joint. People have sacrificed a lot to be part of this community, the sites founder is probably one of the best examples of this. Yet we seem to be inundated with people who simply create accounts to troll new technologies, shit on other peoples experiences, all while offering nothing of content to the site. 99% of these trolls don't even have a photo of a plant in their profiles. These people don't deserve to be engaged with, if we ignore them they die off, lets get back to helping each other, lets build one another up and do some new shit, it's what we're all here for.

I for one, am stoked Jelly can get an OZ for less than $50. It's also cool to see a long time contributing member comeback and post, I hope he stays, cause if he does, the billy goats win and the trolls have to wait for the next goat, whose gonna be fatter and juicier.

I'm going to roll a joint backwards and smoke it, cause I learned that some people smoke that way here and that's why were all here, or should be. :smoker:

imiubu

Hey @Jellyfish next time you pop over this way... give me a shout, I'll smoke out with ya :)
If I am one that came across as a dik head, that was not my intent.
I am glad the shops are open here and folks are able to choose herb at affordable prices.
I am also very glad that I am able to grow my own without the same fears of years gone by.

LostTribe

Premium user
Looks like the 16 year old Chad "wanna be" took a hike. He'd poop his pants and be stuck on the couch with the spins if he took a rip off my old friends 3 footer and a bo dub of the old mexi brown frown back in the day.

Children are getting more ignorant by the day! A $40 zip???? I dont give a shit for $40! Back in the day a $40 zip probably was half filled with seeds and the other half was probably mold and stems, still got you high as fuck.

What a Chad:LOL:

iTarzan

Veteran
Holy crap! A guy posts a thread about the $39 an ounce he just bought, that he says is acceptable, and some people find reasons to criticize. When you go somewhere to buy weed you can buy what you want. He could have bought more expensive weed but he wanted to try the $39 weed. I would have just to buy weed under $50. Hell in 1973 I flipped out when I had to pay $40 an oz for Columbian Gold. It was worth it but I still complained. I could buy a QP of good Mexican for $45. I would sell 3 for $15 each and have a free ounce. A QP of Columbian Gold was $125.
Some people don't want my best weed. They want weaker weed. I have a friend who likes to smoke fan leaves and swears he gets as high as he wants to be. He gets the munchies too.

The one thing home growers will have to their advantage is some people don't want people to know they smoke even if it is legal. Doctors, lawyers, nurses, accountants, teachers and people in service jobs. People don't like knowing the guy operating on their heart or teaching their kids is high or was high.
As a nurse I have a few doctors as customers. And fellow nurses and health care people.
Right now in Pa you can't be medical and have guns so I have a lot of hunter/gun owner customers too.

You would think on a weed site people would be more tolerant of different views. I have lost many friends on here that I wish I was still cordial with.

awwc

Holy crap! A guy posts a thread about the $39 an ounce he just bought, that he says is acceptable, and some people find reasons to criticize. When you go somewhere to buy weed you can buy what you want. He could have bought more expensive weed but he wanted to try the $39 weed. I would have just to buy weed under $50. Hell in 1973 I flipped out when I had to pay $40 an oz for Columbian Gold. It was worth it but I still complained. I could buy a QP of good Mexican for $45. I would sell 3 for $15 each and have a free ounce. A QP of Columbian Gold was $125.
Some people don't want my best weed. They want weaker weed. I have a friend who likes to smoke fan leaves and swears he gets as high as he wants to be. He gets the munchies too.

The one thing home growers will have to their advantage is some people don't want people to know they smoke even if it is legal. Doctors, lawyers, nurses, accountants, teachers and people in service jobs. People don't like knowing the guy operating on their heart or teaching their kids is high or was high.
As a nurse I have a few doctors as customers. And fellow nurses and health care people.
Right now in Pa you can't be medical and have guns so I have a lot of hunter/gun owner customers too.

You would think on a weed site people would be more tolerant of different views. I have lost many friends on here that I wish I was still cordial with.
I saw it in recent threads and decided to click, probably a bad move for an unwatched thread.

Here is the issue:

The issue is NOT that it's cheap weed or anything like that, the issue is that people are getting fooled. Why am I saying this. The reason is because X amount of grams is an old and IMO backwards thing to look at things. You really are buying trichomes and terpenes and NOT pllant matter. Some producers even call it that, biomass, which is true but it's also sort of an insider joke. There are proprietary genetics that yield very high on a scale that looks at all parts of the bud the same.

The issue is that if after so many years of hopefully connoisseurship, you're on a forum with 16k messages for gods sake there is a major issue and problem if you don't recognize that what you are doing is supporting big pharma/big (and bad) weed. Maybe it's the activist in me, which I'm not really at all but we all sort of are rebelious we all smoke weed ffs. Now the thing is, the market gets ruined, this means there is less and less good product out there for newcomers to smoke.

What if a newcomer only knows the weed that yielded 3 lbs per plant instead of a 14 week haze (which is already the case) or a lovely low yielding hybrid even. These small producers get completely priced out of the market because of the ''39 dollar oz'' the issue is not the 39 dollars it's what future smokers will not be able to get anymore not even at 300 dollars an oz because they were priced out.

Isn't this what we all were afraid off. Miss me with the brickweed arguments because you can go back and back and back and find arguments, I'm talking about today and the future which we all should do IMO. Don't dwell on the past.

In conclusion, maybe said friends just ''moved on'' and were true connoisseurs of the plant that appreciate: craftsmanship, dedication, all these worderful things.

I hope I have been respectful enough.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
LOL, $40 ozs used to be the best there was. i remember when the wonderful redbud Colombian hit, most ate it up. but there were those that said "i will NEVER pay $40 for damn pot! that's highway robbery..." :whistling:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I saw it in recent threads and decided to click, probably a bad move for an unwatched thread.

Here is the issue:

The issue is NOT that it's cheap weed or anything like that, the issue is that people are getting fooled. Why am I saying this. The reason is because X amount of grams is an old and IMO backwards thing to look at things. You really are buying trichomes and terpenes and NOT pllant matter. Some producers even call it that, biomass, which is true but it's also sort of an insider joke. There are proprietary genetics that yield very high on a scale that looks at all parts of the bud the same.

The issue is that if after so many years of hopefully connoisseurship, you're on a forum with 16k messages for gods sake there is a major issue and problem if you don't recognize that what you are doing is supporting big pharma/big (and bad) weed. Maybe it's the activist in me, which I'm not really at all but we all sort of are rebelious we all smoke weed ffs. Now the thing is, the market gets ruined, this means there is less and less good product out there for newcomers to smoke.

What if a newcomer only knows the weed that yielded 3 lbs per plant instead of a 14 week haze (which is already the case) or a lovely low yielding hybrid even. These small producers get completely priced out of the market because of the ''39 dollar oz'' the issue is not the 39 dollars it's what future smokers will not be able to get anymore not even at 300 dollars an oz because they were priced out.

Isn't this what we all were afraid off. Miss me with the brickweed arguments because you can go back and back and back and find arguments, I'm talking about today and the future which we all should do IMO. Don't dwell on the past.

In conclusion, maybe said friends just ''moved on'' and were true connoisseurs of the plant that appreciate: craftsmanship, dedication, all these worderful things.

I hope I have been respectful enough.
🤡

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
To the 'activist' that inserted himself into this conversation on page three with all the pretty bud pics, said they were done/unwatching on page 4, and is now back, writing paragraphs of flowery (pun intended) prose to, what, educate us?- I hope that today is the day you find the validation you are so desperately seeking. Your demanding standards and high moral stance are an inspiration to us all.

I apologize to all pot smokers everywhere for daring to buy weed so cheap, and then BRAGGING about it on a weed site. What was I thinking?

BeardogDaVe

in new york they are lining up to get a lic. to be legal and sell... at these numbers, there is no way u are making $$$- everytime a state goes legal, more product comes in to the market- the amount of smokers stays more/less the same....

if the weed was better then the local dealer, or better then what we grow....great..... but as stated it is usually sucky, and more $$$- shiity and more expensive is not a winning formula...
I'm NY its terrible there's so much shit weed you can get lbs of any stupid named bud for 200-300 its crazy ...two yrs ago you paid that an oz haha and as a grower you can't even make your electric bill back ....not to mention if it doesn't sparkle and dance in the bag they won't even look at it...legal states ruined the plant in my opinion

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I'd love to know the 'behind the scene' reason for the $39 price tag.

.............. just a ploy to get folks in the door or something deeper?
It was grown outdoors, so it isn't as pretty as indoor, so that's probably all they could get for it. Ya know, "true connoisseurs" would never want it, LOL.
Getting people in the door might have been a factor too. I saw the deal on their website and was at least curious to check it out.
What would the deeper thing be?

Latest posts

Latest posts