What's new

How to grow cannabis outdoors

Sativa_Top_Cola

First off cannabis has male and female plants sativa's and indicas . . Indica male flowers will start to flower in June , female Indica plants will flower in July. Sativa's male flowers will start to flower in July and sativa female flowers will start to flower in August .Male plants flower first . Indica usually take 8 weeks to flower ,from start to finish sometimes longer or shorter depends on growing conditions or phenotype .Sativa usually take 12 weeks to flower from start to finish ,sometimes shorter time frame or sometimes longer , depends on growing conditions or phenotype .

Last edited:

Sativa_Top_Cola

Also cannabis likes rain water , tap water makes them grow slow, cannabis also like loam soil , fresh soil , cannabis also likes npk nutrients , and micro nutrients ,.Dont really have to be to heavy with nutrients , cannabis really likes sun , water and good fresh loam soil, cannabis likes nutrients depends on size of plant the bigger the plant the more nutrients it needs , also good to use one gallon of soil for each month the plant is going to grow , its a good rule of thumb , but you can always use more soil if you got the space .Also when the plant is in veg plants like nitrogen , while they are in veg don't give them phosphorus as that will make them flower. Give plants phosphorus during flowering time . While the plants are in veg keep like on them more than 12 hours a day to keep them from flower, When you decide to flower them make sure they get more than 12 hours of dark every day you flower them do 14 hours or dark a day and they will flower fine .Also with cannabis seeds to sprout seeds the seeds like the rain water . Sometimes you can use light nutrients feed like 4 ounces and the rest rain water works good . But if you think that too hard rain water works really good better than tap water .Also with climate the more the dry and hot your climate is the more you have to hand water your plants , seasons as well , summer is when you have to hand water more because the sun is very hot and evaporation is high , but plant size also matters bigger plants need more water ,

Last edited:

Dime

Bud, I'm in the same boat, a phenotype is the characteristics right? Like lets say i had a landrace mazar, there would be a hash plant 'pheno' and an indica 'pheno' right? Whats a genotype?
Pheno is what the plant looks like due to environmental pressures. It's what you see.

Dime

Bud, I'm in the same boat, a phenotype is the characteristics right? Like lets say i had a landrace mazar, there would be a hash plant 'pheno' and an indica 'pheno' right? Whats a genotype?
Hashplant is just a plant that would be used for hash because it has desirable characteristics for hashmaking ex: glands detatch easily ,better yield,and makes better product as concentration than smoking the flowers.

Dime

if you took a male and female plant and successfully pollinated,the seeds are referred to as F1,first filial,that's all it means.. the phenotype is the plants reaction to it's environment and the same plant will appear different if grown in a different environment. If you took a cutting from it and grew it in Thailand for example it would adapt and look different because t has to compete,if you seeded and let the seeds grow generation after generation it would grow and look how it needs to to survive. This may take a while but eventually it would lean towards how the native plants appear. If it doesn't adapt it will die off,the genotype will determine if it can survive and has enough"ammo" in it's genetics to compete.

Sativa_Top_Cola

wow hello , yes interesting topics , I wanted to add some more information , to much heat from direct sunlight can destroy the THC crystals , also rain can wash off crystals from the plant as well .A good thing to do is when it rains put the plant inside or away from the rain , rain is really is just for the roots ,sometimes you can spray dirt or bugs off the plant with a spray bottle with rain water .When its really hot sunny outside the plants love them put they do need some shade in the day and some indirect sunlight , and of course this will be for quality for final product. But if you cant do that and it grows natural in the ground with rain and the spot its in that is still very good product in my opinion ,

Sativa_Top_Cola

Thank you Sorry I will try to type better . I just have lots of hands on experience , I want to share my knowledge ,no point in every one learning the hard way . I will go back and spell check and type better I just want to the info out there

Dime

Here's some hash I made from c99 and ak47

Attachments

• 20231115_162221.jpg
    20231115_162221.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20201205_143138.jpg
    20201205_143138.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 4