What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How to grow cannabis outdoors

Yeah so growing cannabis real close to each other is dumb and does not work really because your wasting time with seeds that will be no good or buds that don't produce maturity , cannabis likes space for there roots , I have seen the end result ,I have seen it not just thinking it so that is it

Also with cold weather below freezing temps the cannabis will die if expose to the cold for to long . It just takes a few days to kill it . So putting it inside will keep it from dying or some type of protective place from the wind . I would do the window seal thing for winter I'm sure it be some what ok .

The key is to have loam soil , fresh soil , nothing to rich , you don't want the plants to flower to early so nothing with to high of a npk ,take a look at a soil chart it will help
1724258265306.png

As far as soil I use I don't make my own soil for the reason that its takes time and space that I really don't have . But there is many soil that are good to use fox farm ocean forest soil is really good , But stay away from water logged soils , soil with moisture control , It will waterlogged the soil to much for cannabis to thrive in , Soil with a npk of .25.25.25 is good to use , than use use worm castings for veg and bat guano for flower . Also fox farm has a seed starter soil bag . I hope this helps

Dime

Sorry bud, never replied to this, I've always called the indicas that have the more elongated buds, not the tight nice "afgani" buds hash plants, I'm no expert, but I've always classified in my mind, Indica (afgani type tight bud) Hash plant (more open narcotic bud used for sieving) Sativa (long flowering thin almost hemp like bud)
and Hybrid (mixture), as well as ruderalis/hemp. It just helps me understand cannabis a bit easier for breeding.
Well indica just means from india and the person who named it did so a long time ago to distinguish psychoactive plants from non psychoactive in adjacent fields,in the old days Indica was considered drug plant and was used for tinctures and they grow narrow and wide leaf in India and make hash from both. I think hash preference is what the consumer wants. I don 't want narcotic weed whatsoever because I'm old and I like the energy and happiness but maybe you like sedation so to each their own.A good choice for me would be stimulating ,with a long shelf life and have plenty of resin for volume.

CannaZen

First off cannabis has male and female plants sativa's and indicas . . Indica male flowers will start to flower in June , female Indica plants will flower in July. Sativa's male flowers will start to flower in July and sativa female flowers will start to flower in August .Male plants flower first . Indica usually take 8 weeks to flower ,from start to finish sometimes longer or shorter depends on growing conditions or phenotype .Sativa usually take 12 weeks to flower from start to finish ,sometimes shorter time frame or sometimes longer , depends on growing conditions or phenotype .
Maybe where you are, some indicas will start flowering early september same may be for south African seeds. It's quite self explanatory just water when it needs or could use it. Fertilizing may be a different story, it's fun. May be you were talking about autos mine can start in July and some go into late September may be october by the time they're finished. I Just wanted to clear the misinformation.

Last edited:

CannaZen

Yes soil can be polluted ,is that your concern ?
It's related to all pot growing, most bud is stinky from bad soil compounds the plants absorb from bacteria n things that were growing in soil, I have noticed this in ground plants too. The stuff that smells like farts n stuff. And well I can tell you it's not plant produced compounds like thiols n skunk aroma.

It's related to all pot growing, most bud is stinky from bad soil compounds the plants absorb from bacteria n things that were growing in soil, I have noticed this in ground plants too. The stuff that smells like farts n stuff. And well I can tell you it's not plant produced compounds like thiols n skunk aroma.
sulfur I believe can produce that smell of skunk , also plants produce that smell to attract insects for pollination

Latest posts

Latest posts