What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How to Garden By The Moon

P

perakko

thanks for a great thread lola! i've been gardeding by the moon also for some time now. there used to be a austrian site ( i believe) where they updated the mooncalendar but they stopped doing it like last year... but this is much better! :D

excited to get my outdoorplantings going on next week, gonna be a busy one!

have a great weekend every1!

L

LolaGal

thanks for a great thread lola! i've been gardeding by the moon also for some time now. there used to be a austrian site ( i believe) where they updated the mooncalendar but they stopped doing it like last year... but this is much better! :D
!

Thanks a lot! Nice to know I got them Austrians whipped! :D

Potted up a bunch of clones last night while Moon in Taurus. Got my foot tangled up in some cords, managed to nose plant into the ballasts! Ouch! I got some killer bruises to brag about now. Managed to not smash any plants or lights though! Lucky me!

Looks like hard times a comin! My stash jar is empty! OH NO! See Ya'll later!

SURPRISE: Got a big package from the glass store full o freebies today! Glass pokers, screens, glass screens! Whoopie! Gotta love them freebies......

L

LolaGal

Week Ahead in Moon Gardening

Week Ahead in Moon Gardening

:dance:Hi Ya'll :dance:

Sat 25th: Moon in Taurus, plant, transplant, 1st quarter Semi Fruitful Sign

Sun26th: Moon enters Gemini at 5:02 PM ESTime BARREN

Mon27th: Gemini, Barren 1st quarter

Tues28th: Moon enters Cancer at 6:38PM EST

Wed29th: Cancer, Fruitful Sign, 1st quarter PLANT NOW

Thrs30th: Moon enters Leo, Fire Sign, Barren sign, at 8:56 PM

Fri May 1st: Happy May Day! LEO BARREN Moon enters 2nd quarter 4:44PM

Sat May 2nd: LEO BARREN 2nd quarter HAPPY DERBY DAY!

Sun 3rd: Moon enters Virgo BARREN

Mon 4th: VIRGO BARREN 2nd quarter

Should be safe to set outdoor plants in the South after Derby Day! Hooray!

L

LolaGal

Five Day Update Time! Yippie!

Five Day Update Time! Yippie!

Here's California Orange Bud Momma!

Here's Mamma White Rhino. She was bad, I had to put her in the corner!
picture.php

What do ya'll think? Buds getting any bigger? Hard to tell seeing em every day!

:dance: Thanks for stopping by The Moon Garden! :dance:

El Vexilix

Yeah , their getting bigger . That looks very nice , good job .
Without the reference of pictures , I can't tell if mine are growing either .
That thermometer is pretty sweet too . Is that a fire-alarm hang'n ?

But if I felt that my buds were taken their sweet time , I would pinch of all the lower buds . Just leaving the top three bud sites . Your mama Rhino could use a lil trim down under , that way it doesn't invite pesky ...... bugs .
Keep it safe . Thank you for the update .

L

LolaGal

Thanks El! Yup, that's a fire alarm! Don't want to burn down the house!

TRAGEDY AT THE MOON GARDEN!: Awww..... wind blew a fan out of the window. It fell on my GH SSH ! Smashed her good. Lost at least the top 2/3. What could I do? Made clones.......lol..... Now I got enough clones to start a GreenHouse SSH farm... :D

C

Cracky

great idea, the smoke detector. I have one too, fastened to the ceiling. What a goofy thing to do! I gotta try hanging it from chains. <G>

Anyways..I did flip to 12/12 yesterday the 25th. Thanks for the heads up, LolaGal. Sorry you crashed your SSH. Bumper downspout!

L

LolaGal

I figured if the light fell and started a fire, the detector would be right in the thick of it! Thanks Shove!

L

LolaGal

Interesting pheno on the California Orange Bud. The smell has intensified. It is hard to describe, but I would say an over ripe almost rotted orange and papaya smell. It's a real sicky sweet funky smell. Not skunky.

If anybody knows about this strain, would like to know too! Thanks.

Ah, the cool breeze is wafting through the back door. Spring, spring, spring, gotta love it! I am so tired of sitting inside huddled against the cold, or even worse out in the cold!

:dance: Thanks for stopping by Ya'll! :dance:

C

cellardweller

nice lil SOG, Lola!

..you still scairt of things that go grunt in the night? ..and did you ever figure out what the heck it was?

L

LolaGal

Thanks Cellar! I never said I was Scared! I'm convinced it is a bear! They ain't supposed to be here! I did go out with a flashlight and no gun! Me Big Brave Indian Fighter! Kill bear wear him all winter!

How's that boy? I hear he is "veggin" good lol! Give him a kiss from Auntie Lola

C

cellardweller

that boy is growin like he's in week 4 of a fast indica in full sun... :laughing:
*kisses given*

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
a quick note to add... all the clones I took as per the advice on this thread rooted and are doing well...I took them at 21 days of flower.

thanks LUNAtics :smile:

L

LolaGal

Hi Moon Gardeners! Hope ya'll got your planting about done as it is about to go barren on us again!

Good news! My Cali O clones finally are showing roots! I had about given up. This is my first batch of clones that I used rockwool with. I don't care much for rockwool. Cut them on 4/11 and the ones in peat pellets have been in pots for a week or more. The same cuts in rockwool have taken twice as long to root.

Mmm. My White Rhino Pheno Smells Like Juicy Fruit Gum! What the heck? Anybody ever hear of this?

Also my Cali O is getting fat and I am so proud of her. She stinks so good. I smell oranges and something else funky going on with her. Yum!

It sho do suck to have big fat buds that are not ripe, and be out of weed! :D

Back to the creek with my bad self! See Ya'll Later!

its420

Ah crap, I got too busy yesterday to get my rooted rockwool clones planted in soil. When is the next good time? Craaaaap, not for awhile huh.
PEACE

T

TrichyTrichy

bummer it's420 :) Lolagal has this down and it hasn't failed anyone who has given it a shot.

L

LolaGal

Still a little time left today! OK till about 8 PM EST if I remember correctly! Go ahead guys! I'm putting up some clones in a little while.

A lot of people say "Why garden by the Moon?" Well gotta do the work anyway, do it in an opportune time, I say! Work has still gotta be done!

Latest posts

Latest posts