What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How to bring terps and essential oils out on a strain?

little-soldier

So i was talking to someone who lives in Cali and he claims that some people out there have a way to bring out terps and essential oils on a strain. I told him sure, its gotta be either bottled terpene booster, freeze drying the weed or organics and he said it wasnt.
Any idea of what else it could be?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So i was talking to someone who lives in Cali and he claims that some people out there have a way to bring out terps and essential oils on a strain. I told him sure, its gotta be either bottled terpene booster, freeze drying the weed or organics and he said it wasnt.
Any idea of what else it could be?
It's the Sun's intensity, a low dew point and low humidity during flowering. Cali has been known for growing the best of everything from melons to grapes because of these growing conditions.

Dime

I think environmental pressures/stresses and genetics determine it and there's no snake oil .Terpenes also play a role in survival and you can preserve them better them with proper curing and handling though but strains have different shelf lives..

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
no doubt but we were talking about indoor growing
Yes indoors too friend, the dew point, humidity, and wind velocity play the biggest part in the production of the excess resin on the flowers when matched with good light. Where I've grown it's extremely difficult to maintain a near-perfect VPD or steady environment. I still have super weed but not like CA weed.

The Vapor pressure deficit (VPD) is one of several methods growers use to measure humidity in a greenhouse or growing environment. It allows growers to gauge the impact of humidity on plant growth and development.

Vapor pressure deficit
Measures the difference between the amount of water vapor in the air and the maximum amount the air can hold at its current temperature. VPD is expressed in units of pressure and is a more accurate way to predict plant transpiration and water loss than RH. VPD is also a key driver of evapotranspiration in plants. Google