What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

How do we know these guys are the real deal?

red eye joe

I've been reading some of these threads like "the definitive OG kush history" and the Northern Lights history thread. So now we've supposedly identified Seattle Greg as one of the Northern Lights crew, and completely figured out the OG kush history as well. Case closed. Or is it really...?

How do we know these people are who they claim to be? Just because the story seems to add up, doesn't mean anything. Why are these people only just now coming to light, after all this time?

I don't believe the "Cookies crew" for example is who actually bred Cookies. They're front men, actors playing a role, just like certain other famous "breeders" we've known over the decades. So who is Seattle Greg, who are these OG Kush guys, and what is their agenda?

JetLife175

Veteran
I've been reading some of these threads like "the definitive OG kush history" and the Northern Lights history thread. So now we've supposedly identified Seattle Greg as one of the Northern Lights crew, and completely figured out the OG kush history as well. Case closed. Or is it really...?

How do we know these people are who they claim to be? Just because the story seems to add up, doesn't mean anything. Why are these people only just now coming to light, after all this time?

I don't believe the "Cookies crew" for example is who actually bred Cookies. They're front men, actors playing a role, just like certain other famous "breeders" we've known over the decades. So who is Seattle Greg, who are these OG Kush guys, and what is their agenda?
Well hey hi there.

OG thread guy here.

These are the guys. There's no doubt about it. It's been verified every which way for OG kush. NL I can't speak on.

JetLife175

Veteran
Well hey hi there.

OG thread guy here.

These are the guys. There's no doubt about it. It's been verified every which way for OG kush. NL I can't speak on.

And people are coming out of the woodworks because of legalization. You can actually have your face attached to this industry. Used to not be that way.

red eye joe

> "OG thread guy here. These are the guys. There's no doubt about it."

.... I would say there actually is some doubt about it, since I posted this thread, and I'm probably not the only one thinking something similar.

Like I said, I read the OG thread and I'm not convinced. "There's no doubt about it" doesn't really change anything.

"It's because legalization" also sounds like a very plausible excuse that could easily be bullshit. I'm not convinced that "legalization" is actually a real, permanent thing. I believe TPTB are planning a big headfake, just like they did back in the 80s with Operation Market Garden, after so many years of people thinking legalization was imminent and relaxing their guard.

As far as I can tell, the bulk of the "proof" is that the story these guys are telling seems to line up exactly with what people already knew or suspected. But that isn't proof; anyone could have done deep research to learn all the existing origin strains/threads/theories so as to put on a convincing fake.

And why do this? For the same reason these people for example sent another well known fake breeder with street cred over to Amsterdam back in the 80s to hang with all the cool cats in the industry, just before they all got busted.

I wonder how long it will be before legends like Seattle Greg get out there doing the rounds, rubbing elbows and hanging out with the current cream of the crop growers/breeders, snooping in their gardens etc, feeding that intel back to Mother?

If these guys are truly legit, then good on them, but I don't know for sure either way. All I know is I damn sure don't trust anyone who is so proud to be a Vietnam veteran.

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
> "OG thread guy here. These are the guys. There's no doubt about it."

.... I would say there actually is some doubt about it, since I posted this thread, and I'm probably not the only one thinking something similar.

Like I said, I read the OG thread and I'm not convinced. "There's no doubt about it" doesn't really change anything.

"It's because legalization" also sounds like a very plausible excuse that could easily be bullshit. I'm not convinced that "legalization" is actually a real, permanent thing. I believe TPTB are planning a big headfake, just like they did back in the 80s with Operation Market Garden, after so many years of people thinking legalization was imminent and relaxing their guard.

As far as I can tell, the bulk of the "proof" is that the story these guys are telling seems to line up exactly with what people already knew or suspected. But that isn't proof; anyone could have done deep research to learn all the existing origin strains/threads/theories so as to put on a convincing fake.

And why do this? For the same reason these people for example sent another well known fake breeder with street cred, over to Amsterdam back in the 80s to hang with all the cool cats in the industry, just before they all got busted.

I wonder how long it will be before legends like Seattle Greg get out there doing the rounds, rubbing elbows and hanging out with the current cream of the crop growers/breeders, snooping in their gardens etc, feeding that intel back to Mother?
That's fine.

People including myself took 20 years to figure it out. It's not like these guys popped out of nowhere.

I understand being skeptical and I implore you to do so. Do your own research and I guarantee you won't find any lies in the OG thread.

JetLife175

Veteran
For OG kush it was OrgnKid that was the key to understanding what was what. Once he started confirming people and places that got the ball rolling. Orgnkid was the very first person to ever come online and document OG kush.

There's a lot of ways this information was found out. Talking to people and verifying alot of things three different ways.

If it's all a lie every single person is in on it and it's a huge conspiracy.

The cookies guys have always been vague and I understand why you would be skeptical. OG kush comes from heavy hitters and respected members of the community.

Do your own research like I said. You'll figure it out.

FellaAndrene

I know Seattle Greg is who he says he is because I remember him posting under the moniker grey on the old Sensi Seeds and Green House Seeds forums, and I remember his beefs with Nevil.

Plus, we are buddies on IG. And I've spoken with his Norwegian son numerous times. And peeps like Todd McCormick, Mutt Riot, and @Nspecta have vouched for him.

C'mon now. Definitely there are plenty of dubious stories going around that you should doubt, but Seattle Greg's story - and the OG Kush story - aren't ones that you need to keep second-guessing on.

red eye joe

For OG kush it was OrgnKid that was the key to understanding what was what. Once he started confirming people and places that got the ball rolling. Orgnkid was the very first person to ever come online and document OG kush.

There's a lot of ways this information was found out. Talking to people and verifying alot of things three different ways.

OK, thanks for clarifying a bit. Clearly you have put a lot of work into trying to figure this out.

If it's all a lie every single person is in on it and it's a huge conspiracy.

Yes, there's a lot of that happening right now. All kinds of enormous lies masquerading as truth, which have been carefully set up over many years to accomplish a specific purpose in the world.

The cookies guys have always been vague and I understand why you would be skeptical. OG kush comes from heavy hitters and respected members of the community.

Do your own research like I said. You'll figure it out.

I appreciate the work you have put into unraveling all this, (respect), but I still have my doubts.

red eye joe

I know Seattle Greg is who he says he is because I remember him posting under the moniker grey on the old Sensi Seeds and Green House Seeds forums, and I remember his beefs with Nevil.

OK, but who are you? I don't know of any "grey" or any such postings. And what do you find so humorous about my very serious post?

Plus, we are buddies on IG. And I've spoken with his Norwegian son numerous times.

Who are you again?

And peeps like Todd McCormick, Mutt Riot, and @Nspecta have vouched for him.

Who are they again, and based on what evidence do they vouch for this guy?

C'mon now. Definitely there are plenty of dubious stories going around that you should doubt,

You mean like how the U.S. government convinced people for 50+ years that they landed on the moon, when it was an obvious lie easily disproven through the most basic observations? Or a dozen other examples I can easily name of GIGANTIC LIES being told which millions of people believe, completely backed up and "vouched for" by every name you can imagine? Yeah, I would say there is plenty of room for doubting ANYTHING you hear these days.

but Seattle Greg's story - and the OG Kush story - aren't ones that you need to keep second-guessing on.

So you claim. But I don't know you, and even if I did, I wouldn't take anything you said as gospel. That's a great way to be lied to.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Plus, we are buddies on IG. And I've spoken with his Norwegian son numerous times. And peeps like Todd McCormick, Mutt Riot, and @Nspecta have vouched for him.

Greg was posting over at Mr Nice while Nevil was online, I personally don't follow what Greg has said as I don't find NL a topic I have any interest in but saying that people that are interested should search for them, that way they get two sides of the beef.

As for Todd McCormick they guy is either repeating lies told too him by set people or his making it up as he goes.

Just two examples.

Todd claims he stayed over with Nevil at the Castle with Nevil that never happened, Nevil only met him once at an event and spoke to him for an hour max.

Todd also claimed Ben Dronkers bailed Nevil out of prison, incorrect Nevils sister bailed Nevil out of prison and that can be easily proved.

This is just one post from Nevil on the NL seed he got, notice how he said growers not a grower.

1730077574447.png

FellaAndrene

OK, but who are you? I don't know of any "grey" or any such postings. And what do you find so humorous about my very serious post?

Who are you again?

You mean like how the U.S. government convinced people for 50+ years that they landed on the moon, when it was an obvious lie easily disproven through the most basic observations? Or a dozen other examples I can easily name of GIGANTIC LIES being told which millions of people believe, completely backed up and "vouched for" by every name you can imagine? Yeah, I would say there is plenty of room for doubting ANYTHING you hear these days.

So you claim. But I don't know you, and even if I did, I wouldn't take anything you said as gospel. That's a great way to be lied to.

It doesn't matter who I am. But you should definitely be in know of the other characters if you want to know who's who. I clearly know their stories better than you to not to doubt them. That's all. Peace!

red eye joe

It doesn't matter who I am. But you should definitely be in know of the other characters if you want to know who's who.

You mean the guy that hempy just exposed as an unreliable source? That's who I'm supposed to just blindly trust?

Do you understand now why I don't automatically believe this bullshit? It's bullshitters all the way down.

I clearly know their stories better than you to not to doubt them. That's all. Peace!

Yeah, and you're clearly an asshole. I definitely don't trust people who laugh at serious attempts to ascertain truth, especially on topics like "is this guy for real or a potential narc?"

JetLife175

Veteran
so at some point you can't just throw shit at what's been established and not have alternative sources or information.

The skepticism is a bit much. I take it you are new to the online community?
We've been searching for these answers for a very long time. Many people have tried to claim what these people have and it's been vetted and proven otherwise. The community has always been skeptical about what came from where and the entire process has happened long before you knew it was. It's really hard to explain to someone who will not listen that these things are known as fact. Be a little open minded. I don't feel I need to explain every single step I took to get to the truth of OG kush. And I don't think the way you are approaching anyone is going to get you the answers you want. What you are asking is semantics to be honest.

Porky82

Who are you again?

It's clear your a conspiracy theorist nut job! 🤣
Like others have said if you don't believe what's been said do your own research instead of starting stupid childish threads!!
I don't think you'd believe in gravity if ya fell off a cliff!! 😉