What's new

Holiday in Thailand..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Good afternoon,
Been a long time since I've had a holiday as I was on parole for 3 years,
Actually in the last 10 years I've either had a serious court case looming or I've been on some sort of order/punishment, the price we pay sometimes growing cannabis I guess.
Anyway I've been up country Thailand, udonthani to be exact and while I haven't sought it out I've seen a bit of cannabis on my trips around the place..
Firstly a few plants we saw at a construction place we visited..
20230424_093557.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Ok so I did spot a bunch of plants in people's back/front yards but I did bother stopping to photograph them, they all looked to be sativs and my thai friends said they can't believe I can see the so easily and from a distance but as you guys know after a while of being around cannabis plants they become quit easy to spot..
Next picture from the market this morning, good value for under a dollar Aud,
But likely questionable heritage..
20230425_062944.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
After doing a little time a vacation is in order. It sure makes it easy to count one's blessings after waiting so long. You can go and do what you want now friend and I hope you have a blast of a time. That is a cool photos Don and thanks for sharing this post with us. 😎

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
After doing a little time a vacation is in order. It sure makes it easy to count one's blessings after waiting so long. You can go and do what you want now friend and I hope you have a blast of a time. That is a cool photos Don and thanks for sharing this post with us. 😎
Oh thanks heaps creeperpark and you are right very appreciate the freedom when its been so long

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good afternoon,
Actually in the last 10 years I've either had a serious court case looming or I've been on some sort of order/punishment, the price we pay sometimes growing cannabis I guess.
Anyway I've been up country Thailand, udonthani to be exact and while I haven't sought it out I've seen a bit of cannabis on my trips around the place..
Firstly a few plants we saw at a construction place we visited.. View attachment 18835042
Nice to hear about your trip and also your freedom which is the main thing of course my wife has family in different parts of thailand one of those is in udon thani maybes will bump into you one day so to speak either way enjoy yourself and stay safe as always, Appreciate the photos too.:good::thank you:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Nice to hear about your trip and also your freedom which is the main thing of course my wife has family in different parts of thailand one of those is in udon thani maybes will bump into you one day so to speak either way enjoy yourself and stay safe as always, Appreciate the photos too.:good::thank you:
Oh that would be awesome man as I intended to spend more time here now I can,
Tell you what though it's been super hot, in the 40s most days I've been here,
A friend from Norway wasn't coping very well and is now freezing back there im sure hahaha

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I'm envious. Couldn't take the heat and humidity, now, but could have back when i was first interested in that area of the world.

Enjoy!
Yea I don't think you are alone there, I trimmed up some hedges yesterday mid morning in the sun and was sweating profusely,
Im sure it would be hard for folks from temperate climates to adjust,
However the cooler time of year could be quite bearable for many , its similar to summer in temperate climates during winter..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey man cool pics. and yes that food looks spicey
Sure was spicy , the thais were super impressed I could eat it , but I did pay for it so kinda had to give it a go
Im going to meet up with gypsy next week and I'll get some pictures of the Cannabis in the shops, might have to arm wrestle or something to see who puts the pictures in their threads 😅

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Awesome, Look forward to hearing about the adventures you had while there. Im hoping what I've been hearing about what they are growing is not true. Lots of reports of hybrids taking over.
I'll put in a full report on my findings by the end of next week, while I love holidays overseas I always look forward to being home again too,
Mostly I miss my little 4 legged buddy

From what I see there is a range of all things being grown but commercially hybrids are the best sellers so that's why you are hearing that,

Many have little to no access to foreign genetics as yet hence them growing the old sativas
Im sure there will always be a place for those old girls in people's gardens however I'm also sure they would experiment with other hybrid types given the chance..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll put in a full report on my findings by the end of next week, while I love holidays overseas I always look forward to being home again too,
Mostly I miss my little 4 legged buddy

From what I see there is a range of all things being grown but commercially hybrids are the best sellers so that's why you are hearing that,

Many have little to no access to foreign genetics as yet hence them growing the old sativas
Im sure there will always be a place for those old girls in people's gardens however I'm also sure they would experiment with other hybrid types given the chance..

I'm not in the best health to be traveling. I wouldn't get much if any enjoyment now lol. I don't trust boarding places with my boy. Staying home doing what I enjoy sounds better to me :D

I hope many farmers there are running old Thai or similar seeds in large lots as much as possible.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
A generous member here has sent me some of this - 'Wild Thailand Sativa ' 'erb - and when I get to see Mr Mallard again (after 20 years) - this coming Tuesday - we can test it to see if it brings back any memories of what we have toked in Thailand - in the past - 40 years ago this year - I first stepped into this amazing country - and I just keep coming back - the food - people - culture - weather and weed - are usually very much to my liking - looking forward to seeing you soon mate -
- we can both post pics without arm wrestling - but if you insist - ok - can do that too - lol

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I'm not in the best health to be traveling. I wouldn't get much if any enjoyment now lol. I don't trust boarding places with my boy. Staying home doing what I enjoy sounds better to me :D

I hope many farmers there are running old Thai or similar seeds in large lots as much as possible.
Its ok to live vicariously in your case Hammer and I too wouldn't trust boarding places with my fella,
He is safely at home with another icmag user who I trust with him and my house,
Bit of a hippy but a gooden and the dog approves hahaha
Here he is with my sons little sausage dog, they love each other..
20230323_203455.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
A generous member here has sent me some of this - 'Wild Thailand Sativa ' 'erb - and when I get to see Mr Mallard again (after 20 years) - this coming Tuesday - we can test it to see if it brings back any memories of what we have toked in Thailand - in the past - 40 years ago this year - I first stepped into this amazing country - and I just keep coming back - the food - people - culture - weather and weed - are usually very much to my liking - looking forward to seeing you soon mate -
- we can both post pics without arm wrestling - but if you insist - ok - can do that too - lol
Look forward to seeing you after so many years oh and the arm wrestling hahaha
Just adding a few pics from my journey now..
20230423_164715.jpg
20230423_084828.jpg
20230421_202015.jpg
20230421_185222.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good afternoon,
Firstly a few plants we saw at a construction place we visited.. View attachment 18835042
I am happy, so fucking happy for you

Latest posts

Latest posts