What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Blood Pressure - Silent Killer

Ca++

More of use should spend the $10 an electronic blood pressure monitor costs. It's really that cheap. Bag around the arm, electric pump, and readout. It's great value.

Asprin thins the blood, and some people take them regularly to help. Others carry a horse sized one, in case of emergency. It's worth a quick google, to see if it's helpful.

A heart attack can be barely noticed, or can be like a deep punch to the center of your chest. Or anything between, or even different. It's really hard to say. The stroke signs are easier, with your left hand and then arm not getting enough blood. Maybe that side of your face a bit numb and unresponsive. When we get to slurred speech, it's really getting to late to just 'man it out' and we should call, while we still can.

moose eater

Not gonna lie I'm beyond depressed. Got a BP tester yesterday and seeing high test results
are telling me I'm close to Heart Attack and/or Stroke. It's like I don't see myself making it
to Christmas. Think my chronic decade long dehydration is a factor as well. So I'm trying
to drink water but it sucks. I was never a big water drinker. Dehydration explain why I get
cramps once a month for as long as I can remember.

Just in case something happens and You don't see Me online for a month
in the future. Do take of yourselves and it was nice knowing all of You.
Until then, I'm gonna try to fight this all the way to Hell.

Cheers
Sounds like you're walking the razor's edge right now, trout.

I hope you're looking at research online and elsewhere to see what you can do.

Some of us are near the end of productive options, but you still have some.

I guess it boils down to how badly you want to correct this course, and your energy and willingness to change habits.

When I first was diagnosed with diabetes many years ago, I thought it was a death sentence. Didn't know that would come later on from a different angle altogether. :) And I LIKE to eat good food. So, I ventured into figuring how to eat the things I like, but make them in a healthier way, and often eat just a little bit less.

And I understand any fear that might be generated by this for you. Forfeiting or compromising control to a circumstance or another being, even for a little while, can be very unnerving. Let alone trying to trust in the medical profession when the 'conveyor belt nature' of modern medicine sometimes seems like no one even heard you, let alone understood.

I think there's some good tips in here, and there are medical publications and studies that might fine-tune your decisions a bit, too.

You've been a very decent sort here. A valued member, even.

I still have the picture of the albino moose drinking from a stream that you sent me years ago. Thanks. It's in my pics on my hard drive, labeled as 'trout's albino moose.'

If you can bear to sit in front of a computer screen for any time, dig into finding the courses you can take to correct this, and make any changes that you think you can handle that don't compromise what you value in life too terribly badly.

There are enough assholes in this life; we don't need to be losing any of the good guys.

Last edited:

moose eater

By the way, trout, for what it's worth or not, and maybe no relationship to your situation at all other than for stress and the effect on the heart, shortly after I was diagnosed with cancer, and had dropped a bunch of weight (65 lbs. in 2.5 months), from not eating, emotional shock, and maybe from the cancer itself, I suspect, sometime in the midst of that, I began having a racing pulse/heart rate. Up into the upper 140-range, close to 150, what sometimes felt like a freight train in my chest, and I couldn't initially bring it down. Sometimes all I needed to do was ascend our stairs in our very tall house. Things I typically had done a thousand and ten times with no physical distress.

I found that the more I stared at that meter, the higher it sometimes went. The concern of those moments seemed to drive the thing itself.

There's knowing and confirming what you're experiencing, and then there's the panic that can accompany that moment where the thing feeds itself and takes off simply due to the stress of the moment.

Don't watch really bad movies or stare too long at a meter that isn't improving the situation for you.. Just another .02 cents.

spacemanj

Think, I need to slowly cut out Pepsi and start drinking lots of water.
I do suffer from chronic dehydration and that could be a big factor.
I got Calcium/ Magnesium supplements and have been cutting out
salt a lot.

So here's the thing. Your liver can only process 12-18g of sugar per hour. If you’re drinking 2-3 cans or even bottles ( which are 600ml - and contain 64.5g of sugar), you'll then be consistently exceeding what your liver can handle at once, leading to excess fructose turning into fat. Over time, this increases your risk for insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), and other metabolic issues. I'm not sure what the sugar content per can is but I'd imagine it would be half of a 600ml maybe more considering it's (330ml). Having 2-3 cans is still just as detrimental long term. It's fine having a can here or there throughout the week to treat yourself, just recommend not over-doing it and would be a good idea see the sugar content (per 330ml/600ml) beforehand so you can measure if it's worth it or not. As you said, try having water as your main source of thirst and hydration, your brain and body will love you for it.

When you intake too much sugar, don’t sleep well, and don't exercise (movement), it can create a stressful cycle that can be tough to break. When we overload on sugar, our blood pressure elevates, which also leads to more stress and even cravings for more sugar. So I'd focus on cutting down on the Pepsi or other sources that are consider high in sugar first. Alongside that, drinking more water, and moving your body a bit more and better sleep if you're not getting enough. It’ll take some effort and discipline, but it’s so worth it for your health brother!!

spacemanj

I found that the more I stared at that meter, the higher it sometimes went. The concern of those moments seemed to drive the thing itself.

There's knowing and confirming what you're experiencing, and then there's the panic that can accompany that moment where the thing feeds itself and takes off simply due to the stress of the moment.

Don't watch really bad movies or stare too long at a meter that isn't improving the situation for you.. Just another .02 cents.
I was also about to mention this, I'm glad you did, because we live in a world flooded with media-content.
It's crazy and borderline scary when I truly sit down and think about all the shit that I could have avoided being stored in my memory. All the emotional rides that could have also been avoided. But what can you do except move on and learn from that mistake? There's so much out there, including rampant negativity. We all need to be very careful about what we consume nowadays. In my opinion, I think that all this content is a major catalyst of how people treat each other today.

Something relating to this that you most likely already know. Joseph Goebbels, the one who created the propaganda for Hitler - held the title "Reich Minister of Propaganda". He also had a background in Theatre!! Which I think adds up really well, because that's exactly what he problem is nowadays. Theatre, fake content influencing the masses to do the real stuff. Some people may say I'm overthinking but I honestly think the same thing is going on today as back then, just in a very different and more subtle way. A war for your mind!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lot of good info here trout please take it onboard as moose said you seem a decent sort take the advice my friend its all in your hands only you can do it.. Heres hoping and praying it all turns good for you in time..
:comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts